• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

34-64-94 MLB Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a question for you gentlemen mostly the ones in a long marriage. Been married to a wonderful wife for 6yrs come April. Well she has gained some pounds this past year. Now do I say anything or keep my mouth shut so I don't get finally punched where I fall down? Maybe I suggest that I join her gym and we could go together so it sounds like I'm interested in my body and not worrying about hers. It's a very touchy subject. I remember when we first got married she asked me would you ever tell me if you noticed me getting fat? I said hell no I wouldn't. God I don't know what to do. She goes through fazes of different things with trying to lose weight but never sticks with any of it. Gym, pills, weird diets, ecteria. Being a nurse and here weird long hours doesn't help so the many monster drinks to stay awake and midnight candy/snack cravings doesn't help the situation. I can't buy myself snacks for the house because she will eat them. Now for the record she isn't obese she is only 160lbs and 5"7 but has gained guessing 20-40lbs since marriage. Thoughts?

Without knowing her personality it's difficult to give you a course of action. If she appreciates honesty and you use some tact it might not be as bad as you think, if you do accept this challenge you must use the fact you love her and want to spend a long life loving her and your afraid if you we don't address this now it could get worse and could lead to health problems, you're not getting any younger. Like Smitty said, go for walks, if shes working late bring some apple slices or strawberries or pineapples to work so she has something that's not chips or candy to snack on. If she is insecure or doesn't accept constructive criticism you want to be stealth about it, mix in healthier dinners and the walks and don't eat late.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because I was afraid to sleep in Louisiana.

I went to school in Mississippi, it was something people truly don't understand unless you've been there, it honestly is like stepping into a time machine. I honestly loved my time there because believe it or not I get along with everybody, I am always told by friends or my women that I look mean but strangers just start talking to me for no reason no matter where i'm at, happens quite often, I have an aura about me that people feel they can trust me, I don't know. But maybe we should ask WLK, he lives there, maybe it has changed since I was there.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without knowing her personality it's difficult to give you a course of action. If she appreciates honesty and you use some tact it might not be as bad as you think, if you do accept this challenge you must use the fact you love her and want to spend a long life loving her and your afraid if you we don't address this now it could get worse and could lead to health problems, you're not getting any younger. Like Smitty said, go for walks, if shes working late bring some apple slices or strawberries or pineapples to work so she has something that's not chips or candy to snack on. If she is insecure or doesn't accept constructive criticism you want to be stealth about it, mix in healthier dinners and the walks and don't eat late.

My wife and I have been married nearly 11 years, and I have it pretty good with a woman who is very understanding and loving. I have learned that for us, with the correct tact, any subject can be broached and addressed, but using the incorrect tact could mean that all games of "find the pickle" are suspended for up to a month. She got up to a 12 about a year and a half ago, but I was ok with it. I on the other hand look like a beached whale (IMO) and my older brother was diagnosed with diabetes. So, I told her I wanted to go on a diet she said, "Fine, but I'm not joining you." I had a salad that night - she had brownies. I started buying high fiber bread and cereal and such - and she found that she liked it. Then we decided to cook more from scratch. She's dropped about 6 sizes in 7 monthes. 11136291_990509910973261_1901343852512578895_o.jpg

Love of my life - Can't live a day without her. But, I'm lucky that she's always been sexy as hell :)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to school in Mississippi, it was something people truly don't understand unless you've been there, it honestly is like stepping into a time machine. I honestly loved my time there because believe it or not I get along with everybody, I am always told by friends or my women that I look mean but strangers just start talking to me for no reason no matter where i'm at, happens quite often, I have an aura about me that people feel they can trust me, I don't know. But maybe we should ask WLK, he lives there, maybe it has changed since I was there.
My mom grew up in Louisiana when She was little. (Grandpa that hated baseball and thought I was a pussy was an oil guy.)
It's a different world down there. For me. But Michigan is more like Canada than the South, so my stance is obviously biased.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I have been married nearly 11 years, and I have it pretty good with a woman who is very understanding and loving. I have learned that for us, with the correct tact, any subject can be broached and addressed, but using the incorrect tact could mean that all games of "find the pickle" are suspended for up to a month. She got up to a 12 about a year and a half ago, but I was ok with it. I on the other hand look like a beached whale (IMO) and my older brother was diagnosed with diabetes. So, I told her I wanted to go on a diet she said, "Fine, but I'm not joining you." I had a salad that night - she had brownies. I started buying high fiber bread and cereal and such - and she found that she liked it. Then we decided to cook more from scratch. She's dropped about 6 sizes in 7 monthes. View attachment 101526

Love of my life - Can't live a day without her. But, I'm lucky that she's always been sexy as hell :)

I assume the little guy is the righty who swings the bat lefty? Looks like a happy little guy, your wife is very pretty, nice looking family buddy! :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a question for you gentlemen mostly the ones in a long marriage. Been married to a wonderful wife for 6yrs come April. Well she has gained some pounds this past year. Now do I say anything or keep my mouth shut so I don't get finally punched where I fall down? Maybe I suggest that I join her gym and we could go together so it sounds like I'm interested in my body and not worrying about hers. It's a very touchy subject. I remember when we first got married she asked me would you ever tell me if you noticed me getting fat? I said hell no I wouldn't. God I don't know what to do. She goes through fazes of different things with trying to lose weight but never sticks with any of it. Gym, pills, weird diets, ecteria. Being a nurse and here weird long hours doesn't help so the many monster drinks to stay awake and midnight candy/snack cravings doesn't help the situation. I can't buy myself snacks for the house because she will eat them. Now for the record she isn't obese she is only 160lbs and 5"7 but has gained guessing 20-40lbs since marriage. Thoughts?
You could get an active hobby that you could do together, Co-ed softball, golf, biking, etc .Something at the gym, like racquetball or swimming .Let that lead to working out at the gym .Commenting on her weight, when she is working as many hours as she is, could make her self conscious or even depressed, when could actually make the problem worse. Also, since she works a lot of hours, you could start cooking more, and make really healthy meals. Make a lot, and suggest you both take leftovers to work, that'll eliminate some junk food lunches

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Stoke...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could get an active hobby that you could do together, Co-ed softball, golf, biking, etc .Something at the gym, like racquetball or swimming .Let that lead to working out at the gym .Commenting on her weight, when she is working as many hours as she is, could make her self conscious or even depressed, when could actually make the problem worse. Also, since she works a lot of hours, you could start cooking more, and make really healthy meals. Make a lot, and suggest you both take leftovers to work, that'll eliminate some junk food lunches

This was going to be my response...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi is crazy... Is segregated still... Private schools are (I'm estimating) 97% White, public schools are (estimating again) 97% Black... It's not as blatantly racist as I'm told it use to be, but you can see it today for sure... Like Tommy said people seem to feel comfortable around me so I don't get many problems... I have White and Black friends who probably wouldn't like each other if you eliminate me... I try to bridge people, sometimes it works most times it doesn't but I try... It's behind in the times for sure... There's so much I'd like to do here, but so much I feel is going to take more than I can give to help make change...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoke has been texted

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi is crazy... Is segregated still... Private schools are (I'm estimating) 97% White, public schools are (estimating again) 97% Black... It's not as blatantly racist as I'm told it use to be, but you can see it today for sure... Like Tommy said people seem to feel comfortable around me so I don't get many problems... I have White and Black friends who probably wouldn't like each other if you eliminate me... I try to bridge people, sometimes it works most times it doesn't but I try... It's behind in the times for sure... There's so much I'd like to do here, but so much I feel is going to take more than I can give to help make change...

When I lived there, I one day went into Meridian to buy a plane ticket to come home, as I was walking down the street to the travel agency I was buying the ticket from it started raining and there was a white lady in a convertible trying to put her top up, I went to help her and as I was helping her two black guys walked by and spit at me, I literally laughed and said to the lady, did you see that? She just shook her head like she knew something I didn't. When I was there it was almost 30 years ago and I swear it looked and felt like 1960.

Another Mississippi story, a couple friends and myself went to a pool hall, it was a segregated hall, half the place was white folks playing pool, the other half black folks, being a punk kid from St Paul Minnesota I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Being the nonconformist I am I went over and put my quarters on a table on the black side, the guy playing said I was on the wrong side, that white folks played on the other side. I said nope, I wanna play on this side. He didn't say a word, I played about 5 or 6 games with these guys. When I was in the Navy I didn't have but a couple white friends. I wish I had some of the old pictures of us at the bowling alley/pool hall/bar, i'm the only white boy in the pictures, man those were some fun days! Can't believe it's been almost 30 years, where the hell did the days go???

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon, Ritz! Do you really need us to answer that for you?

My wife (girlfriend at the time) asked me a while back (we had been dating maybe a year or so at the time) to buy her a total gym or something. I told her I wasn't falling for that shit. That's right up there with buying a vacuum cleaner.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the freak is everyone?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, Ritz! Do you really need us to answer that for you?

My wife (girlfriend at the time) asked me a while back (we had been dating maybe a year or so at the time) to buy her a total gym or something. I told her I wasn't falling for that shit. That's right up there with buying a vacuum cleaner.

Whats wrong with a vacuum cleaner? It's practical... Somebody has to vacuum... lolzzz