• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

34-64-94 MLB Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got my list if Mebert ever repicks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick myself here. LHRP, fast ball gets up to 53 MPH with no movement. I have 2 pitches "Fast" ball and wild pitch.

In little league it looked like I was way better then I was, mostly because kids think that left handed people are throwing the ball at them.

I loved hitting lefties - all my HRs (2) in high school came off lefties (and curve balls, weird), but I also had a 3 week knot on my shin from a lefty curve as well. Hated stealing on them though.

My son throws right, but hits left (I didn't encourage it) and now at age 6 he wants to hit switch (I won't let, he needs to learn how to hit one).

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved hitting lefties - all my HRs (2) in high school came off lefties (and curve balls, weird), but I also had a 3 week knot on my shin from a lefty curve as well. Hated stealing on them though.

My son throws right, but hits left (I didn't encourage it) and now at age 6 he wants to hit switch (I won't let, he needs to learn how to hit one).

I was never good at baseball, I played until 12 I think? I got put at 1st immediately(like that matters at 12 at all), but then always heard complaints because I did not hit for power. Like putting me at 1st some how adds power to my swing or something. And then occasionally they would put me in to pitch because of the novelty circus act of the backwoods yokel throwing with the wrong hand!!!!

Would not repeat...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never good at baseball, I played until 12 I think? I got put at 1st immediately(like that matters at 12 at all), but then always heard complaints because I did not hit for power. Like putting me at 1st some how adds power to my swing or something. And then occasionally they would put me in to pitch because of the novelty circus act of the backwoods yokel throwing with the wrong hand!!!!

Would not repeat...

Yeah, little league sucks for lefties. You're either immediately shoved to first because you're left, or they pitch you because no one ever sees it. The power thing is just insane! I hit for power all the way until my sophomore year, then I learned how to really hit and became an OBP/speed guy (not that you could tell looking at me today). I just hope that my son just loves to play as much as I did, and that if anything negative like this happens to him, he'll be enjoying it too much to notice.

Tuesday night I was doing soft toss and forgot my son bats left handed, it took me a minute to figure out why he looked so uncomfortable and out of sync batting. How could I forget he's a LHB!?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What foot does he kick with?

What hand does he open doors with?

Not trying to horn in on your parenting, but his brain might not be done shaking out all the lefty/righty aspects. I wouldn't be concerned with him learning to hit one way yet tbh. It'll shake itself out at some point, or it won't. Lol. Being able to switch hit is a nice asset.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What foot does he kick with?

What hand does he open doors with?

Not trying to horn in on your parenting, but his brain might not be done shaking out all the lefty/righty aspects. I wouldn't be concerned with him learning to hit one way yet tbh. It'll shake itself out at some point, or it won't. Lol. Being able to switch hit is a nice asset.

Most doors are set up to be opened right handed.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams, Bucs, Bills would be my pecking order. But I'll take whatever you need filled.

You can have the Rams, at this point im gonna just end up begging my friends who aren't already signed up to take a team so...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have the Rams, at this point im gonna just end up begging my friends who aren't already signed up to take a team so...
I can take another team. On kffl, we never had enough to fill a draft, so we always had to pick for 2 or 3 teams.