• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Philadelphia Sixers vs 6) Brooklyn Nets

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughing simply proves he is a dick. Laughing about elbowing someone in the face is pretty freaking low

Dude is simply a lame.

Would be amazing to see a nets player drill him with an elbow to the face on Thursday and let's see if he still think it is all a joke
A dwade fan complaining about cheap shots is rather hypocritical

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dwade fan complaining about cheap shots is rather hypocritical

You guys keep bringing up D-Wade like he's relevant to a Sixers/Nets series

D-Wade does not play for either team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the playoffs right? I would say he's better off sitting. But, Embiid's limited mins at least gets u 20 and 13.
Actually was right to play Boban, but rest of the lineup was awful.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way there's nothing funny about it. During the game I didn't think it was necessarily intentional but it did look like he threw the elbow with some heat.....But going to the podium laughing about it makes me believe that yeah he did that shit on purpose.

Or maybe he just thought he wasn't a big deal either way. It's not like he killed the guy.

He has what 7 flagrant fouls in the last 2 seasons alone? Dude is way past the point of benefit of the doubt at this point. And I think we will start to see this in the future with him. 7 flagrant fouls in 2 seasons is pretty bad. I won't be surprised if the coming years things that are typically flagrant 1 are consider flagrant 2 on him simply because of his track record

Maybe. Doesn't seem to be a factor for Russell Westbrook. I do think he needs to play smarter but that just might not be in his game.

But like I said he think it is so funny, Brooklyn should have one of their end of bench guys elbow him in the face Thursday and laugh in his face afterwards.

Let's see how funny he think it is when it happens to him

So you want to see more violent play?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he just thought he wasn't a big deal either way. It's not like he killed the guy.

yeah ok lol.

Next time he misses a season due to knee surgery, maybe we can all laugh at him....not like he died or anything

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ok lol.

Next time he misses a season due to knee surgery, maybe we can all laugh at him....not like he died or anything

Oh please. He wasn't laughing at someone being injured. You're being dramatic.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. He wasn't laughing at someone being injured. You're being dramatic.

He intentionally elbowed someone in the face and thought it was funny. Pretty obvious what they were laughing about

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He intentionally elbowed someone in the face and thought it was funny. Pretty obvious what they were laughing about

It was clear that Allen wasn't injured other than a cut lip. And I think it is ridiculous to suggest that Embiid was trying to injure him.

Yes he was leading with his elbow. He was clearly getting frustrated by all the grabbing that was going on. That doesn't make his actions right but you don't need to demonize the guy and try to make way more out of a pretty common event.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching inside the NBA from last night and Barkley said the same thing I'm saying.

You hit someone in the face isn't something you laugh about.

Just a bad look but Sixers fans will defend it I'm sure lol

Seemed like incidental contact to me.

I'll show myself out......

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this. The Nets were hot in Game 1 and the first half of Game 2. They cooled off and the Sixers got hot.

If both teams shoot about what is expected the Sixers are going to win most of those games because of the talent separation at the top. But the Nets are exciting to watch.

They're like the EC version of the Clips. Not necessarily the most talented team, but they never stop playing hard and that gets them wins they really don't have any business getting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But like I said he think it is so funny, Brooklyn should have one of their end of bench guys elbow him in the face Thursday and laugh in his face afterwards.

Nah, forget the elbow, for Embiid:

tenor.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're like the EC version of the Clips. Not necessarily the most talented team, but they never stop playing hard and that gets them wins they really don't have any business getting.

Yeah. I also think Atkinson is a creative coach. The Nets went into this game planning to just launch 3s. Which they did and it worked ok for a while. But of course that won't work when you miss those 3s. And the Nets simply can't compete in the paint with the Sixers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clear that Allen wasn't injured other than a cut lip. And I think it is ridiculous to suggest that Embiid was trying to injure him.

Yes he was leading with his elbow. He was clearly getting frustrated by all the grabbing that was going on. That doesn't make his actions right but you don't need to demonize the guy and try to make way more out of a pretty common event.

I tend to agree with bks, at least in regards to Embiid in the presser after the game.

Whether it was intentional or not and whether it should have been a flagrant 1, flagrant 2 or a common foul doesn't really matter. It's basketball and when things get physical in the paint, someone is likely to get caught with an elbow at some point, intentional or otherwise.

However, him laughing about it in the presser is a bad look.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with bks, at least in regards to Embiid in the presser after the game.

Whether it was intentional or not and whether it should have been a flagrant 1, flagrant 2 or a common foul doesn't really matter. It's basketball and when things get physical in the paint, someone is likely to get caught with an elbow at some point, intentional or otherwise.

My thing is why even give a fake apologize if you're going to follow up with it by laughing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I also think Atkinson is a creative coach. The Nets went into this game planning to just launch 3s. Which they did and it worked ok for a while. But of course that won't work when you miss those 3s. And the Nets simply can't compete in the paint with the Sixers.

They need a C badly. A bigger C I should say. Allen can't get it done against guys like Embiid

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess. I didn't watch the presser and I generally don't care about them. I doubt that Allen was terribly bothered by it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. I didn't watch the presser and I generally don't care about them. I doubt that Allen was terribly bothered by it.

I don't watch them either unless it is Pop but with instagram/twitter, you don't need to watch these things to see what someone said.

As for Allen, I think out in the public most (if not all) of the Nets will say it is no big deal but I'm almost certain the laughing rubbed them the wrong way and it something they will probably talk about in private with no cameras around.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughing simply proves he is a dick. Laughing about elbowing someone in the face is pretty freaking low

Dude is simply a lame.

Would be amazing to see a nets player drill him with an elbow to the face on Thursday and let's see if he still think it is all a joke
God, you must be such a fucking pussy on the court/field. Grow a pair. It's only basketball.

"Give em the hard screen"

:L

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The laughing is because he would smoke that mother fucker out in the jungle.
True story.
Fist shatters skull.
Brain fed to the elders in the tribe.

So it's fucking hilarious.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The laughing is because he would smoke that mother fucker out in the jungle.
True story.
Fist shatters skull.
Brain fed to the elders in the tribe.

So it's fucking hilarious.

giphy.gif