• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Philadelphia Sixers vs 6) Brooklyn Nets

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a make or miss league. Tonight they're making these shots and Simmons is more aggressive

Pretty much this. The Nets were hot in Game 1 and the first half of Game 2. They cooled off and the Sixers got hot.

If both teams shoot about what is expected the Sixers are going to win most of those games because of the talent separation at the top. But the Nets are exciting to watch.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JArret Allen isnt a real center? dudes 20 years old

this team is ahead of its time line if you ask me.

last thing they need to do is pay big money for a center when they have a 20 year old that will develop into a perfectly sufficient center for todays NBA.

One of the golden rules about todays NBA is you dont pay guys that cant shoot. (for the most part)

He needs to put some weight on him to guard someone like Embiid.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mick was in New York earlier.....probably on his way to Ireland again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid laughing at the elbow he intentionally hit Allen shows he did it on purpose. Should have def received a flagrant foul 2.

The guy is such a loser.

If there is one guy in the current nba that i hope never wins a title, it is him

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid laughing at the elbow he intentionally hit Allen shows he did it on purpose. Should have def received a flagrant foul 2.

The guy is such a loser.

If there is one guy in the current nba that i hope never wins a title, it is him

I knew you would be salty about that.

It could have been called a flagrant 2 but it was hardly a no brainer to call it a flagrant 2. No idea how you think him laughing about it proves his guilt or something.

The Nets were absolutely mauling him in the paint last night. They clearly went with the "they can't call a foul if you foul on every play" approach to defending him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you would be salty about that.

It could have been called a flagrant 2 but it was hardly a no brainer to call it a flagrant 2. No idea how you think him laughing about it proves his guilt or something.

The Nets were absolutely mauling him in the paint last night. They clearly went with the "they can't call a foul if you foul on every play" approach to defending him.

Laughing simply proves he is a dick. Laughing about elbowing someone in the face is pretty freaking low

Dude is simply a lame.

Would be amazing to see a nets player drill him with an elbow to the face on Thursday and let's see if he still think it is all a joke

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughing simply proves he is a dick. Laughing about elbowing someone in the face is pretty freaking low

Dude is simply a lame.

Would be amazing to see a nets player drill him with an elbow to the face on Thursday and let's see if he still think it is all a joke

Welcome to playoff basketball. Do you think Kurucs should have got a flagrant 2 as well?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to playoff basketball. Do you think Kurucs should have got a flagrant 2 as well?

Still missing my point. Like Stu Jackson said that's likely a flagrant 2 in the regular season but its the playoffs so i get they called it a flagrant 1 but ti go to the podium and laugh about intentionally elbowing someone in the face is lame. I've seen people get concussions from plays like that.

Embiid needs to grow up

Wonder how he would feel if players were laughing about his knee injuries earlier in his career but literally the entire league was rooting for him to get healthy

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still missing my point. Like Stu Jackson said that's likely a flagrant 2 in the regular season but its the playoffs so i get they called it a flagrant 1 but ti go to the podium and laugh about intentionally elbowing someone in the face is lame. I've seen people get concussions from plays like that.

Embiid needs to grow up

Wonder how he would feel if players were laughing about his knee injuries earlier in his career but literally the entire league was rooting for him to get healthy

I think you are overstating things by a wide measure. Things get physical in the game. Embiid probably was leading with his elbow but that hardly means he was trying to injury Allen anymore than Kurucs was trying to injure Simmons with his even more clearly intentional act.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are overstating things by a wide measure. Things get physical in the game. Embiid probably was leading with his elbow but that hardly means he was trying to injury Allen anymore than Kurucs was trying to injure Simmons with his even more clearly intentional act.

Either way there's nothing funny about it. During the game I didn't think it was necessarily intentional but it did look like he threw the elbow with some heat.....But going to the podium laughing about it makes me believe that yeah he did that shit on purpose.

He has what 7 flagrant fouls in the last 2 seasons alone? Dude is way past the point of benefit of the doubt at this point. And I think we will start to see this in the future with him. 7 flagrant fouls in 2 seasons is pretty bad. I won't be surprised if the coming years things that are typically flagrant 1 are consider flagrant 2 on him simply because of his track record

But like I said he think it is so funny, Brooklyn should have one of their end of bench guys elbow him in the face Thursday and laugh in his face afterwards.

Let's see how funny he think it is when it happens to him

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flagrant 1 or 2 isn't my point here.

Going to the podium and laughing about that is lame which has been my main point this morning. I was over the flagrant call 5 minutes after the play. Maybe if I was a Nets fan, it would have bothered me for a longer period of time.

As I've been saying (along with others on here), Embiid is a low life. His laughing at the podium was just another sign of that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching inside the NBA from last night and Barkley said the same thing I'm saying.

You hit someone in the face isn't something you laugh about.

Just a bad look but Sixers fans will defend it I'm sure lol

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. It was beyond obvious that Embiid was trying to land a hard elbow on that post-up.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid is a fluid athlete... he doesn't make a wheeling, blind, swinging elbow like that unless he intends to.

Frankly, it reminded me a little of the backhand delivered by JR Smith on Jae Crowder from a few years back... in terms of obvious intent, that is.

giphy.gif