• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 - New York at San Jose - 7:30PM

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WoW!?!?!?!

Hey East Coast! You better recognize!

Hertl :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Korky. How shitty is Biron playing? Or is Hertl just picking the right spots to shoot?

It really didnt matter who was in net tonight out side of the 5 hole goal Biron had zero chance on any of those, if he were a pure butter fly goalie he probably wouldve stuffed the first break away. But that being said thats the exact same move Crosby uses and scores with on a regular basis.

The kid just had an amazing game at only 19 years old and what really blows my mind he scored 4 goals in 11 minutes of ice time, how sick is that.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Biggest mind blowing stat of the night, Hertl scores 4 goals in only 11 minutes of ice time. Cant wait till Ralphie get's back and a lesser extent Havlat. Teams wont be able to key on any of the top 3 lines

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I cant believe Hertl got 4 goals in just over 11 minutes of ice. ELEVEN! and only 20 seconds on PP time. Makes it that much more unreal...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I cant believe Hertl got 4 goals in just over 11 minutes of ice. ELEVEN! and only 20 seconds on PP time. Makes it that much more unreal...

yeah im not big on stats but you cant ignore that shit lol:10:

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid just had an amazing game at only 19 years old and what really blows my mind he scored 4 goals in 11 minutes of ice time, how sick is that.

You cap it all. 4 goals in 11 minutes.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah im not big on stats but you cant ignore that shit lol:10:

Here's a stat for you. Eight Sharks players are at a point a game or more and Thornton isn't one of them.

They can keep that up for 82 games, right?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's a stat for you. Eight Sharks players are at a point a game or more and Thornton isn't one of them.

They can keep that up for 82 games, right?

Haha... yeah. Obviously its just 3 games, and they will lose games, and htey will get shut out this year... But, the O depth, once havlat and torres are back, is as good as its been in years with Nieto and Hertl. Functionally they added Hertl, Nieto, and Kennedy and lost no one meaningful up front (clowe out--> torres in). I figured the rooks would be hertl as a possible top 9er, and nieto as a short term call up. However, the team speed on all three lines is unbelievable, and both Nieto and Hertl look awesome (gee, duh!).

How is it that Hertl wasnt Dominating in Czech? I know he was good at 18 playing against men, but his speed, size, and hands sure look like he shoulda been making mincemeat of everybody. Did he improve that much in the last year? Is it just playing with jumbo and burns?

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we look at the score 9-2, we probably think that Jumbo would get 4-5 points game. He had a same number of point as our goalie Nemo. How crazy is that? It will be a fun year if our guys keep it up.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha... yeah. Obviously its just 3 games, and they will lose games, and htey will get shut out this year... But, the O depth, once havlat and torres are back, is as good as its been in years with Nieto and Hertl. Functionally they added Hertl, Nieto, and Kennedy and lost no one meaningful up front (clowe out--> torres in). I figured the rooks would be hertl as a possible top 9er, and nieto as a short term call up. However, the team speed on all three lines is unbelievable, and both Nieto and Hertl look awesome (gee, duh!).

How is it that Hertl wasnt Dominating in Czech? I know he was good at 18 playing against men, but his speed, size, and hands sure look like he shoulda been making mincemeat of everybody. Did he improve that much in the last year? Is it just playing with jumbo and burns?

czech league is almost dead puck era hockey, lots of trapping style games. So it reflects in the stats, they also have much shorter seasons, ice time is different there to.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hahaha, I distinctly remember cussing at the TV when the sharks drafted Hertl after Teravainen fell so far. hertl was supposed to be another one of Burke's "safe" picks. Likely to make the nHL but lacked the skill to be a superstar, unlike teravainen who was riskier but considered to have a far higher ceiling. Obviously it's too early to jump to any conclusions, but it sure seems hard to believe from what we've seen that hertl is a "maybe top 9 forward". He may not score 100 goals this year, but with the hands, speed and toughness we've seen, it sure looks like he's legit.

I sincerely apologize to dougie. He's had some draft misses that have hurt, but getting cooch in '07 and hertl in '12 sure appear to be some impressive picks.

I cant wait to watch wooster once they start. There are still a few kids down there that still have potential, so suddenly the post patty-boyle-jumbo era doesnt look as depressing at all...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hahaha, I distinctly remember cussing at the TV when the sharks drafted Hertl after Teravainen fell so far. hertl was supposed to be another one of Burke's "safe" picks. Likely to make the nHL but lacked the skill to be a superstar, unlike teravainen who was riskier but considered to have a far higher ceiling. Obviously it's too early to jump to any conclusions, but it sure seems hard to believe from what we've seen that hertl is a "maybe top 9 forward". He may not score 100 goals this year, but with the hands, speed and toughness we've seen, it sure looks like he's legit.

I sincerely apologize to dougie. He's had some draft misses that have hurt, but getting cooch in '07 and hertl in '12 sure appear to be some impressive picks.

I cant wait to watch wooster once they start. There are still a few kids down there that still have potential, so suddenly the post patty-boyle-jumbo era doesnt look as depressing at all...

I was screaming about not picking Teravainen as well. The big knocks on Hertl before the draft where his skating and his work ethic. His skating has obviously greatly improved. If you watch video of him back then and compare it to now you wouldn't believe it's the same player. The work ethic issues appears to have been more of 17 year old playing in a mens league and just lacked confidence.

For me the player to watch in Worcester is Abeltshauser. He was a dominant player his last two years in juniors. The dominated his two games in the prospect tourney and he was dominant in the two preseason games for Worcester. The Sharks have shown they now have very good forward depth. It'd be nice to have that kind of depth on defense too. Right now they really only have Tennyson and maybe Petrecki who could contribute in the NHL.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I asked over in the other thread but I'll do it here too...

Isn't Stuey a repeat offender?

I've only seen one angle (off MSG, here: Rick Nash of New Your Rangers leaves with injury - NHL.com - News) and I can't really tell much other than elbow must have come up...

Back in comes Hannan for a few games, I guess...

He was suspended back in 2001 I believe. Don't quote me on that I'm going off memory. If that is the case I think they will consider him a repeat offender if there is any supplemental discipline. IMO I think there will be.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another amazing stat: Jason Demers leads the league in +/- at +6.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And Hertl in points with 7, right?

I think so. Still not as amazing as Demers leading in +/- though. I mean it's Jason Demers. Coming into this season he had as many assists to the opposing team as he did to his own players.