• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 - New York at San Jose - 7:30PM

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the Sharks have the cap space to call anyone else up without sending another player down. They have both Burns and Pelech, who they called up today, who can play both forward and defense. Though, Pelech is worse on defense than he is at forward. My guess is they'll just insert Hannan and hope no one gets injured in the next three games.

Yeah, can't bring up Tennyson due to cap issues.

No need to either, just play Hannan.

Now, if someone gets hurt, they're in trouble. Can't/shouldn't they put Havlat on IR retroactively or something to help with the cap?

He'd be eligible to come back in a few weeks anyway, right? Not like he's any closer to coming back... /shrug

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, can't bring up Tennyson due to cap issues.

No need to either, just play Hannan.

Now, if someone gets hurt, they're in trouble. Can't/shouldn't they put Havlat on IR retroactively or something to help with the cap?

He'd be eligible to come back in a few weeks anyway, right? Not like he's any closer to coming back... /shrug

I think they will end up putting Havlat on IR retro to the start of the season but I don't think it will happen until he meets the missed time qualifications for LTIR which is 10 games or 30 days.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him come back to the line up shortly after meeting those requirements as well.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the conversation - I was in Seattle on business and missed the game. That being said, my dad is a complete neophyte when it comes to technology.. spent years being afraid to even touch a computer.

His first text to me in his life was asking if I saw the Sharks/Rangers game because that new kid Hertl put on one hell of a show. lol...

Just saw the game review - wow.. that kid is really something special, and a great "friesen-like" grin when he scores.

Awesome

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Martin Biron was placed on waivers today. His parents are going to be pissed...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aaron Asham too. Do you think Doug gives a thought on Asham for some toughness?

nope... definitely dont need another 35+ ager with minimal skill at this point. When torres and havlat come back, they will already have a glut of talent at forward, so they dont need more. Burnsie can drop em, so can desi of course, as well as pelech. Besides, with all the rule changes, fighting is less and less important in the game. Lastly, the sharks can hit up and down the lineup, so they can play a physical game no problem. I think a guy like steve ott who fights, hits and has talent has a place in the game, but the "goon" is a dying breed.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Martin Biron has retired from the NHL.