• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Philadelphia Sixers vs Atlanta Hawks

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price Simmons could command a few years back was the center piece of a Kawhi deal. He’s not there. But he can bring you a piece like Brandon Ingram or even Wiggins or a Fox type player. The asset hasn’t been totally destroyed but it has lost value.
Simmons isn't bringing any of those.....LOL.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are already paying Brett Brown. They’re not firing a guy after a year where they had the number i seed with an incomplete team. Morey will give the team a face lift in the off season.
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smush Parker >>>>> Ben Simmons

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS would do Wiggins for Simmons immediately
Simmons is a better overall player but it's just not a fit so no they wouldn't. Especially, since Wiggins has turned himself into a good defender and a solid outside shooter.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Googled him to see what he was up to.....Smush Parker had a long career overseas.....just retired a few years ago.

Highlights:

In January 2014, he signed with his former team Guaros de Lara. He left the team that March. In June, Parker played in The Basketball Tournament. His team reached the semi-finals, and Parker's averages for the tournament were 16.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 1.8 steals per game.

In February 2015, Parker signed with Mon-Altius Madimos Falcons of the Mongolian National Basketball Association (MNBA). He averaged 24 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 4.1 steals per game.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers don't want Simmons either, just throwing that out there.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take that bet.
Wiggins is barely above replacement level.

the slobbering over Wiggins in this forum is odd af.
Actually, he's gotten a lot better since he was acquired by GS.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take that bet.
Wiggins is barely above replacement level.

the slobbering over Wiggins in this forum is odd af.
You're completely wrong. Even if you were valuing Wiggins correctly (you aren't) you obviously don't want Simmons and Draymond together.

It's slightly more likely they would trade Draymond and a pick for Simmons but I very much doubt the Ws will break up their big 3 until they are ready to blow it up. It's too weird to do that to the culture.

What kind of wager do you propose?

• Bullseye
Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're completely wrong. Even if you were valuing Wiggins correctly (you aren't) you obviously don't want Simmons and Draymond together.

It's slightly more likely they would trade Draymond and a pick for Simmons but I very much doubt the Ws will break up their big 3 until they are ready to blow it up. It's too weird to do that to the culture.

Nailed it.

Think they like Green's agressiveness, especially on defense. Simmons isn't like that, although being a very good defender.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers don't want Simmons either, just throwing that out there.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He wouldn't help with the perimeter shooting, but we all just watched the Suns wings give the Lakers some real problems, even when AD was healthy. Simmons could help with that a lot.

It also would have been nice for Lebron to have been able to spend some time off ball (and maybe resting on the sidelines a little more). But the Lakers didn't have that luxury because they didn't have anyone else to run the offense. Simmons could help with that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating going after Simmons, especially at that price...just saying there are worse moves out there that they could make. Especially when you consider that he's only 24. Coming out of college, he was compared to Magic and Lebron...learning from Lebron and maybe even Magic...sure wouldn't hurt his development.

He certainly wouldn't be a "priority target", but I'd bet he's a contingency plan if they don't like the way the off-season is going.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adding Simmons opens them up to parting with Draymond and getting value now before it diminishes. Simmons is a similar player but younger with still the potential he can evolve.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Simmons opens them up to parting with Draymond and getting value now before it diminishes. Simmons is a similar player but younger with still the potential he can evolve.
Yes I just said that. That does not imply you trade Wiggins for him. If you must you maybe get a third team involved that wants Draymond

But as I just said, no way the Warriors blow up the core now, too disruptive. And while Simmons is in some ways a younger Draymond, Simmons is now mentally fried and Draymond isn't. Plus Dray can hit free throws at least adequately.

It's not happening.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He wouldn't help with the perimeter shooting, but we all just watched the Suns wings give the Lakers some real problems, even when AD was healthy. Simmons could help with that a lot.

It also would have been nice for Lebron to have been able to spend some time off ball (and maybe resting on the sidelines a little more). But the Lakers didn't have that luxury because they didn't have anyone else to run the offense. Simmons could help with that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating going after Simmons, especially at that price...just saying there are worse moves out there that they could make. Especially when you consider that he's only 24. Coming out of college, he was compared to Magic and Lebron...learning from Lebron and maybe even Magic...sure wouldn't hurt his development.

He certainly wouldn't be a "priority target", but I'd bet he's a contingency plan if they don't like the way the off-season is going.
(throws up in mouth)

There are far cheaper options to improve wing defense than a max contract player that refuses to shoot.