• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Philadelphia Sixers vs Atlanta Hawks

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

I'm fine with trading Simmons provided we actually improve the team with the trade.

Draymond Green replacing Ben Simmons does not improve the team. He is an even weaker offensive player who would fit horribly with Embiid. He somehow would have less gravity than Simmons. And he's nearly 10 years older than Simmons.

No one wants Draymond here. My only point is that we may need to shed Ben Simmons, and no pun intended, that may be a process. It may require shedding him for a player we also don't want but whom we can then deal. I of course hope there would be a better option than taking on Draymond and his contract. But I think many of you dramatically overrate the trade market for Ben Simmons. The Sixers have done a very solid job in recent years of finding players in the middle of the first round (Thybulle, Maxey). I would trust Morey to turn draft capital into decent assets.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants Draymond here. My only point is that we may need to shed Ben Simmons, and no pun intended, that may be a process. It may require shedding him for a player we also don't want but whom we can then deal. I of course hope there would be a better option than taking on Draymond and his contract. But I think many of you dramatically overrate the trade market for Ben Simmons. The Sixers have done a very solid job in recent years of finding players in the middle of the first round (Thybulle, Maxey). I would trust Morey to turn draft capital into decent assets.
There are 3 guys in the history of basketball to average 15, 7.5 and 7.5. Luka Oscar Robertson and Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons has more value than you’re considering. I think you’re reacting to the reality that Embiid and Simmons skill sets aren’t compliments of each other and both tend to stagnate the other in the half court offense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the officials for tonight’s game:
Crew Chief - James Capers (Sixers 2-2 with him)
Referee - Kane Fitzgerald (Sixers 3-0 with him)
Umpire - Sean Wright (Sixers 1-0 with him)

I don’t know much about these guys so I’m looking for feedback on what people know about him. Sixers will have a hard time if they let Capela mug Embiid again like he did in Game 1. Embiid didn’t get to the line until their was 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter last game. That can’t happen again. I’m glad Embiid, Doc and Curry planted seeds and may have accepted fines after that Scott Foster led shit show of an officiated game on Friday night.

"sixers will have a hard time if they let Capela mug Embiid again"

:pound:

Capela (6-10 & 240) was roughing up Embiid (7-0 & 280)? Watched every game of this series and don't recall that happening.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Sixers, I'm also taking into consideration that I have a new coach in his 1st year with the team. I'm not really a Doc Rivers fan, but he's better than what you had.

I'd give him a full off-season and full training camp to see if he can do something with Simmons before I moved him.
This.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3 guys in the history of basketball to average 15, 7.5 and 7.5. Luka Oscar Robertson and Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons has more value than you’re considering. I think you’re reacting to the reality that Embiid and Simmons skill sets aren’t compliments of each other and both tend to stagnate the other in the half court offense.
You forgot LeBron James.

Career averages of 25ppg, 7.8apg, and 7.7rpg.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"sixers will have a hard time if they let Capela mug Embiid again"

:pound:

Capela (6-10 & 240) was roughing up Embiid (7-0 & 280)? Watched every game of this series and don't recall that happening.
You miss games 4 and 6 when Embiid struggled from the field?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many players in the history of the NBA averaged 32.8% at the charity stripe in the playoffs? Hint: Only one, Ben Simmons. The only players to even approximate that low-water mark are all centers. There has never been a starting PG on a playoff team who shot worse than Ben Simmons. None, not Rondo, no one.

These are unreal numbers that make the guy pretty much unplayable in the clutch.

Simmons has missed 45 free throws in 10 playoff games. That’s more than three total teams have missed in their first 10 games of this postseason; Atlanta missed 35, Phoenix missed 29 and Brooklyn missed 22. The Los Angeles Clippers have missed 46, as a team, through 12 games.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many players in the history of the NBA averaged 32.8% at the charity stripe in the playoffs? Hint: Only one, Ben Simmons. The only players to even approximate that low-water mark are all centers. There has never been a starting PG on a playoff team who shot worse than Ben Simmons. None, not Rondo, no one.

These are unreal numbers that make the guy pretty much unplayable in the clutch.

Simmons has missed 45 free throws in 10 playoff games. That’s more than three total teams have missed in their first 10 games of this postseason; Atlanta missed 35, Phoenix missed 29 and Brooklyn missed 22. The Los Angeles Clippers have missed 46, as a team, through 12 games.

Shaq was better, LOL.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was better, LOL.

Shaq, Wilt and Ben Wallace were all better. And don't even get me started on his supposed improvement in 3 point shooting we hear about every offseason, only to never see him shoot more than a few a fucking season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You miss games 4 and 6 when Embiid struggled from the field?

So you're saying the knee issue he's dealing with right now has nothing to do with his play on the court?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying the knee issue he's dealing with right now has nothing to do with his play on the court?
If it were still a major issue, he wouldn't be balling out like when he went for 37 points.

Think he's relatively healthy. Everybody is banged up at this point of the season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were still a major issue, he wouldn't be balling out like when he went for 37 points.

Think he's relatively healthy. Everybody is banged up at this point of the season.

Have you watched the games?

Embiid has been relegated to jump shots and fade aways.

He can hit those, but it isn’t what has made him a dominant player.

He is clearly not anywhere near healthy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobi is an OK #3 option on a good team. Problem is he is being asked to be the #2 option in Philly right now.