• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round:Milwaukee Bucks vs Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still have realistic hope they figure something out....preferably where all 5 are back and can have a CFP.
I would understand putting the kibosh on it if students not allowed to be there, but since they are there anyway seems like football players would be more safe away from student population as much as possible. seems like they could do that with more time in team facilities.

I hope they can figure something out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the Heat should've blown everything up as Wiggy suggested. They're just 1 win away from the conference finals and an actual legit shot of making the Finals (Tor/Bos would be a tough matchup).

When has wiggy ever been wrong?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at right now. And last I check the Heat can sweep the # 1 seed. Did the Cavs make the playoffs this year?

And one win away from the conference finals. I think Miami's run ends against Boston. But I can see it going 6. If you were to tell me that this core would take Boston to 6 games in the conference finals, I'd be all for it. Don't know how Cavs fans could argue that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess could remind you what he actually said was Cavs would be better after 5 years. So Cavs need to be 40-42 in year 5.

That was for you, @Wamu, in case you forgot.

:pound:

Hey that's great. Thought I already said don't give a shit. Maybe not. Don't give a shit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess could remind you what he actually said was Cavs would be better after 5 years. So Cavs need to be 40-42 in year 5.

That was for you, @Wamu, in case you forgot.

Still clinging to a lost argument, well done.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one win away from the conference finals. I think Miami's run ends against Boston. But I can see it going 6. If you were to tell me that this core would take Boston to 6 games in the conference finals, I'd be all for it. Don't know how Cavs fans could argue that.

I won't count the Raptors out until it's over. But I'm feeling pretty good about the first three games. Could easily be up 3-0 if not for a clutch miracle 3.

As far as your team. Gotta be honest. Didn't see them doing this to the Bucks. It's been impressive to watch.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 more to go. still think it's very possible. I'd bet he's right as Heat was 39-43 in year 5.

Assuming Heat finishing off Bucks I would not bet on year 6 though.

Very possible?

Cmon man.

Not impossible, but also highly unlikely.

The Heat are very good now, have a really good young core, a good coach, a winning culture, and a destination market.

The Cavs meanwhile are hoping to get in the mix for 1 of the final playoff spots over the next 2 years.

No, I would say it is very unlikely the Cavs will be better than the Heat anytime soon.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those hairs you are splitting are microscopic. He would catch hell for the same kind of "bitch move" as KD did

I disagree

It wasn’t as much as the fact that he lost to them as it was that he joined a dominant team.

That is why KD’s move is often compared to LeBron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami.

The Heat are good, but they aren’t that. They likely need another star to win a title. GS was good enough to win without KD.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very possible?

Cmon man.

The Heat are very good now, have a really good young core, a good coach, a winning culture, and a destination market.

The Cavs meanwhile are hoping to get in the mix for 1 of the final playoff spots over the next 2 years.

No, I would say it is very unlikely the Cavs will be better than the Heat anytime soon.

They need a miracle. This is the floor for the Heat team over the next few years

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very possible?

Cmon man.

I just figured out how it's possible. In the very near future the Heat trade Jimmy, Bam, Herro and Robinson. And Riley might be dumb enough to do it since one fella sayz he doesn't know what he's doing. I suggest they trade Bam to Boston for Kanter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a miracle. This is the floor for the Heat team over the next few years

I agree.

Also think I misread his post.

He is saying if the Cavs win 40 games they are better because of that arbitrary 5 year line.

Forget that the Heat has better seasons than that both before and since while the Cavs are struggling to get 20 wins.

I am almost always on team tank, but Miami doesn’t ever need to do that to build a contender.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very possible?

Cmon man.

Not only that, as of today, even though the Cavs had higher draft picks the last couple of years, it appears the Heat drafted better.
Mix that in with the fact that FA's aren't picking the Cavs, they currently have no path to
be better then more than a handful of teams and certainly not better than Miami.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, as of today, even though the Cavs had higher draft picks the last couple of years, it appears the Heat drafted better.
Mix that in with the fact that FA's aren't picking the Cavs, they currently have no path to
be better then more than a handful of teams and certainly not better than Miami.

Agreed

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of, but there are key differences. Although he'd potentially be going to the team that beat him, like KD did. KD joined an established core that had gone to two straight NBA Finals and won a title. This Heat core has not done anything remotely close to that (potentially yet).

I think fans/media think their opinion really will sway the mind of a FA player.
I don't.
I'm not saying Giannis wants to come here, but if he does, he will and won't give a shit what the talking heads have to say about it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fans/media think their opinion really will sway the mind of a FA player.
I don't.
I'm not saying Giannis wants to come here, but if he does, he will and won't give a shit what the talking heads have to say about it.

Here's the bestest reason for Giannis to go to Miami. Buckyboy would instantly jump on the bandwagon and proclaim himself the biggest Heat fan around. He'd start by saying Giannis is the greatest Heat player ever.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of, but there are key differences. Although he'd potentially be going to the team that beat him, like KD did. KD joined an established core that had gone to two straight NBA Finals and won a title. This Heat core has not done anything remotely close to that (potentially yet).
LOL

Look I get it, we're all sports fans, and team fandom is almost synonymous with hypocrisy. Fuck LeBron James! Oh he got traded to my team? I love that guy! Draymond is a hardnosed competitive winner on my team, he's a total asshole on yours.

If it was a bitch move for KD it's a bitch move for Giannis.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason the Ws picked him up was they couldn't beat the Cavs in 2016. If they win that series I doubt they bring him in.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya think so? Miami was 39-43 in year 5 post Lebron.

In the middle, they also were 1 one from the ECF. That was part of the original discussion with Wiggy.
It was collective results of 5 seasons.

Of course he didn't consider that the Heat had to lose several picks with the sign and trades of both Bosh and LeBron while the Cavs still benefitted from the picks after LeBron returned.
Despite all of that the Heat are still better.