• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round:Milwaukee Bucks vs Miami Heat

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fans/media think their opinion really will sway the mind of a FA player.
I don't.
I'm not saying Giannis wants to come here, but if he does, he will and won't give a shit what the talking heads have to say about it.
The Heat doesn't need Giannis as evidenced by the way they are handling the Bucks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat doesn't need Giannis as evidenced by the way they are handling the Bucks.

They may not need Giannis to beat the Bucks.

They probably do need Giannis (or another star) to win a ring.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason the Ws picked him up was they couldn't beat the Cavs in 2016. If they win that series I doubt they bring him in.

I agree. But the premise was that it was the exact same thing. There are differences.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not need Giannis to beat the Bucks.

They probably do need Giannis (or another star) to win a ring.

Butler is the more effective player than Giannis right now. Giannis has the higher ceiling and his game still has holes. The Heat absolutely need Giannis if they want to be a title contender for a few years.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Look I get it, we're all sports fans, and team fandom is almost synonymous with hypocrisy. Fuck LeBron James! Oh he got traded to my team? I love that guy! Draymond is a hardnosed competitive winner on my team, he's a total asshole on yours.

If it was a bitch move for KD it's a bitch move for Giannis.

Where am I being a hypocrite? One of the glaring things that gets pointed out against KD wasn't just KD joining a team that beat him. The other things that get thrown at KD is he joined a team that had multiple all-stars already and had won a title before he joined them. The latter doesn't apply to the Heat. You don't think people would find some fault with Giannis attempting to join the Warriors?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where am I being a hypocrite? One of the glaring things that gets pointed out against KD wasn't just KD joining a team that beat him. The other things that get thrown at KD is he joined a team that had multiple all-stars already and had won a title before he joined them. The latter doesn't apply to the Heat. You don't think people would find some fault with Giannis attempting to join the Warriors?

Yes they would. They will call Giannis a bitch for bailing on "his" team and going to a contender, no matter where he goes. Just like the shit KD got. Either you're a "man" and stay with one team forever or you're a bitch apparently.

Giannis doesn't even need to leave...he's still very young, younger than KD when he moved. He's still improving.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they would. They will call Giannis a bitch for bailing on "his" team and going to a contender, no matter where he goes. Just like the shit KD got. Either you're a "man" and stay with one team forever or you're a bitch apparently.

Giannis doesn't even need to leave...he's still very young, younger than KD when he moved. He's still improving.

Don't move the goal posts. You said this was the same thing as KD did. Of course there would be fans that call Giannis a bitch. That's the way it is nowadays, everyone's got an opinion.

You said Giannis going to the Heat would be the same as KD going to the Warriors. There's similarities, but there's differences as well.

That was the argument.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet they wouldn't call Giannis a bitch if he went to the Knicks or my Pistons.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't move the goal posts. You said this was the same thing as KD did. Of course there would be fans that call Giannis a bitch. That's the way it is nowadays, everyone's got an opinion.

You said Giannis going to the Heat would be the same as KD going to the Warriors. There's similarities, but there's differences as well.

That was the argument.

Heat don't have a Klay or Steph Curry and unless they win a title this season or next, it isn't the same. Sure Giannis will get criticized but it isn't the same

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does Giannis need to leave?

I don’t know. Depends on what his goals are.

Maybe they keep this core together and get a title at some point.

But, they are cash strapped and will be even more so if they sign Giannis to that supermax.

They aren’t as likely as a team like the Warriors to be tax payers for more than a couple years in a row. Their core isn’t likely to improve, they will get older and lose expensive pieces as they go.

So if he is good with maybe getting a title, he should stay. If he wants to improve his odds, he should probably go.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was the argument.

OK, BASICALLY the same thing. That work better for you, dtgold?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple Heat fans (or at least 1) picked Bucks to win...so there's that.

No disagreement overall...but in THIS instance he had the same pick as the person who is ripping him. and he was the one who had no faith in his own team.

So because of that he shouldn't be reminded of all the incorrect shit-talking he's done over the years?

And that's not having faith in your own team. That was being smart. Who was the heavy favorite going into the series? Pretty sure it was the team that has the defending league MVP and that has been to the playoff the previous four years. Compared to a Heat team that didn't make the playoffs last year.

You know I'm a Celtics fan. But when this series started because of the Hayward injury if I was betting I would have bet the Raptors would advance to the ECF. So does that mean I have no faith in my team because I'm being realistic?

His end result was same as my prediction, but he thought the Heat would be totally overmatched and said healthy Pacers probably beat Heat.
I’ve said all along that Heat can give any team a tough series.

Were talking Wiggy. The person who claims Riley and Butler are washed up.

and for that he was wrong....but you were both wrong about this series. Him with an agenda, you with no faith in your team.

I was wrong too.

Heat in 7.