• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Golden State Warriors vs Utah Jazz

Who ya got

• Dubs in 4 or 5

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Jazz in 4 or 5

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Dubs in 6 or 7

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Jazz in 6 or 7

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Cleveland thinks they are going to do to cover Durant. If Lebron does it the whole game he will be exhausted

This is the 2nd round. He will choke with Lebron on the court

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healthy Warriors in 5.
James road win streak ends

I think the Warriors and Cavs are both playing good basketball. Although I'd like to see what their defense will look like against the Wizards as it'll pose the same issues as Golden State would - all-star back court. I've been saying it for months that the Raptors are frauds and just aren't that good. Cleveland is doing exactly what they're supposed to do in the way they're doing it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is going to have to guard KD if they meet in the Finals, he wont have to do it every minute he is on the court, but mainly the 1st and 4th. But that is why is trying to sweep every series and get as much rest as possible, he knows.

Kyrie-Curry
JR - Klay
Lebron - KD

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors and Cavs are both playing good basketball. Although I'd like to see what their defense will look like against the Wizards as it'll pose the same issues as Golden State would - all-star back court. I've been saying it for months that the Raptors are frauds and just aren't that good. Cleveland is doing exactly what they're supposed to do in the way they're doing it.

Id easily say the way the Cavs played @pacers would be double digit loss @warriors.
I thought Raptors would win a home game before Lowry injury.
If Cavs steamroll Wiz or Celts my opinion will change.

Warriors want the Cavs, the EC teams are mentally beat before it begins.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is going to have to guard KD if they meet in the Finals, he wont have to do it every minute he is on the court, but mainly the 1st and 4th. But that is why is trying to sweep every series and get as much rest as possible, he knows.

Kyrie-Curry
JR - Klay
Lebron - KD

Lebron doesn't want the assignment of guarding KD. He'll spend so much energy on defense, his offensive game will suffer

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron doesn't want the assignment of guarding KD. He'll spend so much energy on defense, his offensive game will suffer

Well if you read my post he wont be on him full-time. At times, especially the 1st and 4th. KD also doesnt want Lebron guarding him but he is either guarding Curry, Klay or KD with that first unit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well the Cavs got trophy :noidea:. Interesting to see if the Spurs or possibly the Cavs can take down the heavy favorites

I think they both have a "punchers chance." The Spurs have a chance because they can attack the Warriors in the middle where they are most vulnerable. The problem is, they have to rely on both Aldridge and Gasol to show up every single game to take advantage of that and, so far, neither has shown the ability to do that.

If the Cavs can play the type of defense they played last year, combined with how good they are offensively, that will give them a shot. The problem for them though is twofold. One, they have really only played that level of defense in 1 game since the playoffs started and two, with the addition of KD, the Warriors just have too many ways to score, especially with their ball movement. You can only stop so many players, even when you are playing top level defense. If nothing else, the Warriors can wear them down by making them chase the ball all game long.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There really isn't another option.

When LeBron and KD met in the 2012 Finals, the entire series shifted because of that matchup.

Spoelstra used Battier as his primary defender on KD, while Brooks used KD instead of Sefolosha on LeBron. KD was in early foul trouble in just about very game and it was one of the main reasons the series was never competitive. Much was made about Harden's play, but Brooks' failure to take KD off LeBron was probably bigger in reality.

This year, who are the Cavs other options to defend KD? Shumpert certainly will some, perhaps Jefferson too, but the Warriors have many more quality looks they can throw at LeBron. Iggy won't start there, but he will be the primary defender. Green, KD, Klay and even Livingston could see a few possessions on LeBron also.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When LeBron and KD met in the 2012 Finals, the entire series shifted because of that matchup.

Spoelstra used Battier as his primary defender on KD, while Brooks used KD instead of Sefolosha on LeBron. KD was in early foul trouble in just about very game and it was one of the main reasons the series was never competitive. Much was made about Harden's play, but Brooks' failure to take KD off LeBron was probably bigger in reality.

This year, who are the Cavs other options to defend KD? Shumpert certainly will some, perhaps Jefferson too, but the Warriors have many more quality looks they can throw at LeBron. Iggy won't start there, but he will be the primary defender. Green, KD, Klay and even Livingston could see a few possessions on LeBron also.

^^^This^^^

The Warriors just have too many more ways to make things harder on Lebron than Cavs do to make things harder on KD.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd round. He will choke with Lebron on the court

image.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draymond going :exploding:is really their only hope.

The Refs gave him a looooooooooooooooooong leash against the Jazz.

He won't get that against the Cavs.

I'm going to say something that I never believed possible.

I will rank Lebron co-goat with Jordan if he beats this Warriors team.

No caveat on health because these guys were lethal before Durant.

So, losing a player doesn't lesson the achievement.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond going :exploding:is really their only hope.

The Refs gave him a looooooooooooooooooong leash against the Jazz.

He won't get that against the Cavs.

I'm going to say something that I never believed possible.

I will rank Lebron co-goat with Jordan if he beats this Warriors team.

No caveat on health because these guys were lethal before Durant.

So, losing a player doesn't lesson the achievement.

Yep, if LeBron can go to his 7th Finals in a row (MJ never did more than 3) and beat the superteam created just to stop him, after what he did the last 2 years....he's equal to MJ

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if LeBron can go to his 7th Finals in a row (MJ never did more than 3) and beat the superteam created just to stop him, after what he did the last 2 years....he's equal to MJ
Just typing those words made me want to :poke:.

But, yep.