• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Golden State Warriors vs Utah Jazz

Who ya got

• Dubs in 4 or 5

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Jazz in 4 or 5

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Dubs in 6 or 7

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Jazz in 6 or 7

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First team that decides to stop Durant above all else can beat the GSW. Put a body on him on the boards, he scoops up a lot of garbage.

Not that easy.

FIRst, you have to stop him. He is the best scorer in the NBA. 2nd, if you load the defense toward KD, everyone else goes off. That is why they are so good. You really have to play straight defense. You can't overhelp off anybody.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CP3 goes to San Antonio next year, things could get interesting though.. Im only assuming Parker finally retires. If not Warriors own this league for a while

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that easy.

FIRst, you have to stop him. He is the best scorer in the NBA. 2nd, if you load the defense toward KD, everyone else goes off. That is why they are so good. You really have to play straight defense. You can't overhelp off anybody.

Or just wait for him to choke.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that easy.

I feel like the vast majority of plays are for KD. KT seems to be streaky at times though hes an excellent shooter. And SC seems to create his own shot most of the time. I just dont see any other way.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know they shot their way to a title and shot their way out of one. You live and die by the 3. But you cant get beat inside or mid range. I would be fine with that as opposing coach. Clean up the boards for god sake as well.

You're missing it. This team is not just a bunch of shooters. They are that and a great defensive team and a phenomenal passing team. If you focus only on one guy they just pass it around to wide open cutters and shooters. I really don't know how you beat them except with another superteam. Cavs need one more piece which is crazy.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant adds that extra weapon all over the court offensive . Something they didn't have before. HE can stick it from anywhere while the other guys fall in love with the 3 which can fail you. I don't expect them to go Regular Season crazy anymore. They will pace themselves like champs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amazing the downward turn OKC has been going through. that team with Westbrook, KD, Iblocka, Harden sure LOOKED like a winner for a sec...

It's why I knew KD was leaving. One thing I'll give up to Gilbert (even though Lebron's got him by the balls essentially). Gilbert's going deep in the luxury tax. Had OKC kept that core together, even with Brooks as a coach, they likely win a title or two. Who knows? Maybe Golden St. doesn't transpire to be what they are today.

But they've casted off their assets for 3 quarters on the dollar, which then led them lose Durant for nothing.

Now they're stuck with a top 5 player who's known for ball hogging and won't be able to attract another quality all star to play alongside. Westbrook's also good enough to get this team to the playoffs every year, but not do much after that.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors challenge the 01 Lakers post season record?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the vast majority of plays are for KD. KT seems to be streaky at times though hes an excellent shooter. And SC seems to create his own shot most of the time. I just dont see any other way.

There isn't any other way, but that won't work either.

I do have 1 strategy though:

Put Pippen on Curry, Jordan on Klay, Kawhi on KD, Rodman on Durant and play Akeem at the center. I think that would probably do it.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder may have actually got over the Warriors hump this year had KD of stayed but they wouldn't have beat the Cavs regardless. KD knew this.. And I'm sure playing with Westbrook isn't fun at times

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that easy.

Couldn't agree more. There are have been "pick your poison" duos and even trios. I think the Warriors may be the first "pick your poison" quad.

Load your defense to stop KD and what do you do about Steph, Klay and Dray? If the Warriors were an iso type team, then maybe. But with their ball movement, if you gear up your defense to stop 1 guy (or even 2), what do you do about the other guys and the wide open shots they'll be left with?

How many games did the Warriors play without KD? and didn't really skip a beat.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors challenge the 01 Lakers post season record?

Looking like they have a great chance. They're 7-0 so far. Although, I do think the Spurs and Cavs will push their series to 6 games each, so they probably don't get it.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when does Durant get suspended for his shove?