• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why you cant rely on a big man in todays game:

Korver woke up in games 3 and 4 with eight 3-pointers in the two games. The Cavs made 61 3-pointers to the Raptors' 27. Do the math.

you cant make well than less than half the 3 pointers the other team makes during a series and hope to compete.....cant just trade 2's for 3's......

gotta load up on wing players and 3 pt shooters- spending money on big men that cant shoot is a total waste in todays game.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didnt tell anybody anything.
Everyone has said Cavs/Warriors since July.
Let us know when you grow the balls to say Cavs will win it all which is all that matters.
I said the same thing over and over again

anyone panicking about their defense hasnt paid attention.

The schedule, their complacency, their injuries, acquisitions, resting guys, and lack of practice time hurt their defense from developing.

As soon as they got A. everyone healthy and on the court, and B. some practice time, it would work itself out.

of course- as usual - i was right. It took- PRACTICE time, and everyone being healthy...i mean- its not groundbreaking shit here or anything. lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your boy is back.

Congrats to the cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Celtics/Wiz goes to 7 games- whoever the Cavs play will have played 13 games to the Cavs 8.

5 extra games and a lot of extra rest/preparation is a good combo if you ask me.

I agree with Bron and Love and JR though- the Cavs still have another level they can reach. Love hasnt played that great yet. JR is yet to go off and have a big game. Kyrie could be shooting a better % from the field....defense can continue to get better and better.

I gotta tell ya- this is a HELLUVA LOT OF FUN!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have raised their 2.7 regular season SRS to almost 13 in the playoffs. :eek:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Raptors series, LeBron passed Kobe & Pippen on the all-time playoff victory list and is now in 5th place.

Ahead of him are Kareem, Horry, Duncan, and D-Fish. Trails D-Fish by 22 wins.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing over and over again

anyone panicking about their defense hasnt paid attention.

The schedule, their complacency, their injuries, acquisitions, resting guys, and lack of practice time hurt their defense from developing.

As soon as they got A. everyone healthy and on the court, and B. some practice time, it would work itself out.

of course- as usual - i was right. It took- PRACTICE time, and everyone being healthy...i mean- its not groundbreaking shit here or anything. lol.

No way opponents could outscore Cavs so far.
I missed parts or all of some games, but when I have watched, I haven't seen any great D.
I've seen opponents miss more open shots.
I didn't think Cavs would be 8-0, but Im still thinking exactly what I was all along.
Wiz present more problems then anyone in the EC and good luck to anyone in beating the Warriors 4/7.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Raptors series, LeBron passed Kobe & Pippen on the all-time playoff victory list and is now in 5th place.

Ahead of him are Kareem, Horry, Duncan, and D-Fish. Trails D-Fish by 22 wins.
if you watch lebron on a consistent basis- you are gonna see history....it just is what it is.....hei s gonna break some record or climb up some all time list or something....

I was really impressed with Kyrie in that series- he didnt have his shot quite going as well as he would have liked---- but he averaged 8.5 assists per game, got steals, made plays.....

he is starting to turn into a much better all around player- in addition to being - as lebron calls him- unguardable.

its interesting watching how much trust LeBron has in him.....kyrie was the one who really closed it out last night.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed parts or all of some games, but when I have watched, I haven't seen any great D.
I didn't think Cavs would be 8-0, but Im still thinking exactly what I was all along.
Wiz present more problems then anyone in the EC and good luck to anyone in beating the Warriors 4/7.

imo you DO kinda have to filter in who the Cavs are playing...

just my opinion, though...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i have been saying for a LONG Time

all the Cavs needed was to get everyone healthy, on the court together with a little practice time.

Once that happened- everything else is taking care of itself. Anyone who actually watched the Cavs semi-frequently should have realized this.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry told reporters this morning that he's opting out to become a FA

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be hard to have them sign Lowry and Ibaka and run it all back....could they really justify bringing back the same exact team?

I mean- it would be hugely expensive and not guarantee them anything but another asswhooping

Cavs and LBJ/Irving/Love arent going anywhere any time soon.

Its gonna be YEARS before the rest of the league doesnt have to see LEBron in a Cavs uniform whoopin there ass.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^This^^^

In round 1, they got the sweep by outscoring the Pacers. They're defense was actually about the same as it was in the regular season as far as how many points they gave up.

In round 2, they played 1 game where their defense was at the level that it was last year against an opponent that was completely intimidated by them and didn't believe they could win.

Basically, they have accomplished exactly what everyone said they would. Pretty much everyone said that they could make the finals by simply outscoring everyone in the East, which is what they have done. They have shown next to nothing that indicates they can play the level of defense it will take to beat the Warriors or Spurs (especially the Warriors).

And Wiggy somehow thinks this makes everyone wrong about the Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

In round 1, they got the sweep by outscoring the Pacers. They're defense was actually about the same as it was in the regular season as far as how many points they gave up.

In round 2, they played 1 game where their defense was at the level that it was last year against an opponent that was completely intimidated by them and didn't believe they could win.

Basically, they have accomplished exactly what everyone said they would. Pretty much everyone said that they could make the finals by simply outscoring everyone in the East, which is what they have done. They have shown next to nothing that indicates they can play the level of defense it will take to beat the Warriors or Spurs (especially the Warriors).

So I didn't miss much I see. We're all expecting them to make the finals.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

not that he's been beating his chest about it for the last couple of days or anything...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't say that I blame him. Toronto just hasn't been able to put together a team that can be any kind of real threat to Lebron and the Cavs. They don't have the 3 point shooting to stay with them and they don't have the players to really press any advantage. Basically, they have exactly what we have seen in the playoffs vs. the Cavs. A good team that can be somewhat competitive, but can't actually beat the Cavs.