• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 159345

No that's not correct. Like I mentioned in comment # 652 these are the expansion teams that got started while MJ was playing. The Heat (88), Hornets (88), Twolves (89), Magic (89), Grizzles (95) & Raptors (95). The only team added during LeBron's career were the Charlotte Hornets (14). So how exactly has LeBron played during the expansion era & MJ didn't?

I put correct with a ? cause I wasn't sure and didn't feel like looking it up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be in trouble vs. the Wizards unless they pick their D up. They haven't played a good team yet.

Wiz fall apart on the road though.
I feel whoever wins this series will need to win twice in Cleveland which isn't very likely.

It's looking like Cavs/Warriors III which isn't a bad thing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b0acc4ec-940c-41bc-8cc7-eabd8b2dba42.png

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ on the development of THE Kyrie Irving after last nights game-

While this might be James’ peak, at 32 years old and with close to 50,000 minutes played under his belt, he cannot keep this up forever. And while James’ commitment to the game hasn’t waned yet, the fact that he told Cleveland.com this week that he has “nothing left to prove” in his career means he's far closer to the finish line than to the start.

“Kyrie can score on anybody he wants,” James told ESPN. “ANYBODY. On a consistent level. His next growth, which I believe is going to make him a great, an all-time great, is when he can also consistently make other guys around him better. Which he is doing now. This is great to see. It’s always great to be a part of somebody’s maturation process. You know what I’m saying? I love it.”

He is ready, maybe sooner than any of us realize, to turn the keys over to Irving and let someone else drive.

“He's 25?" James said to ESPN. "He's going to be in the position to carry the franchise on his own in his prime."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As LeBron said last night after the game too-

the Cavs just needed to be healthy- and get some practice time together.

Its something I kept TRYING to tell people over and over- but they just didnt want to listen.

“They’re a well-oiled machine, playing on all cylinders right now,” Casey said. “Any time you have No. 23 you can flip every switch you want to. ... He is the difference. They did flip a switch. They are a totally different team defensively and definitely offensively.”

can we all agree that the Cavs "defensive problems" were HUGELY exagerated - and of course- like i said- the function of injuries/resting guys/limited practice time/trades etc....

its a good lesson to learn- and maybe people that didnt watch the CAvs on a nightly basis couldnt pick it up- they just see the stats- see the articles, blah blah blah...and really dont know whats truly going on.

Take that bullshit somewhere else.
When did LeBron say that during the losing?
If memory serves he was calling out players and stating he needed more help.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take that bullshit somewhere else.
When did LeBron say that during the losing?
If memory serves he was calling out players and stating he needed more help.
BOOM!!!!!!!

LeBron James explains why the Cavs have looked like a completely different team in the playoffs | FOX Sports

Entering the playoffs, many wondered what was wrong with the Cleveland Cavaliers. They had lost four in a row before the end of the regular season, losing their grip on the No. 1 spot.

Eight consecutive playoff wins later, and the defending champs all of a sudden look like world-beaters. So what’s the reason for the Cavaliers’ dramatic turnaround?

LeBron James, who individually looks to be playing at the top of his game, gave some reasons for his team’s improvement after Sunday’s 109-102 win over the Raptors to complete a second straight sweep.

When asked if the Cavs are a different team than a month ago, James pointed to two factors.

“Yeah, we’re healthy,” James told reporters after going off for 35 points, nine rebounds and six assists in the win. “And we’ve got more practice time during the playoffs than we got in the whole month of March because of injuries and because we were on the road so much, so it’s benefited our team a lot.”

just as i said for a LONG TIME.....it was just COMMON SENSE-to any one that actually watched Cavs games anyway.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM!!!!!!!

LeBron James explains why the Cavs have looked like a completely different team in the playoffs | FOX Sports

Entering the playoffs, many wondered what was wrong with the Cleveland Cavaliers. They had lost four in a row before the end of the regular season, losing their grip on the No. 1 spot.

Eight consecutive playoff wins later, and the defending champs all of a sudden look like world-beaters. So what’s the reason for the Cavaliers’ dramatic turnaround?

LeBron James, who individually looks to be playing at the top of his game, gave some reasons for his team’s improvement after Sunday’s 109-102 win over the Raptors to complete a second straight sweep.

When asked if the Cavs are a different team than a month ago, James pointed to two factors.

“Yeah, we’re healthy,” James told reporters after going off for 35 points, nine rebounds and six assists in the win. “And we’ve got more practice time during the playoffs than we got in the whole month of March because of injuries and because we were on the road so much, so it’s benefited our team a lot.”

just as i said for a LONG TIME.....it was just COMMON SENSE-to any one that actually watched Cavs games anyway.

You didnt tell anybody anything.
Everyone has said Cavs/Warriors since July.
Let us know when you grow the balls to say Cavs will win it all which is all that matters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didnt tell anybody anything.
Everyone has said Cavs/Warriors since July.
Let us know when you grow the balls to say Cavs will win it all which is all that matters.
Turnup from MArch 27th:
Luckily forbthem, the Cavs players, coaches and fans dont care about these games.
If they did, then they'd understand they have a serious problem.

I guess it comforting knowing Lue has a secret defense hes saving.

#sizematters
#defensewins
#ithinkjamesjustorderedcoffee

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH---- i guess you were right about SOMETHING for once!!!! L:lol::lol::lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Terry Pluto today--- good read--- talking about the Cavs' SNIPERS!!!:

5. James loves shooters. He calls them "snipers." It goes back to St. Vincent-St. Mary, when he had two shooters named Corey Jones and Dru Joyce III surrounding him. In 2007, the Cavs upset Detroit to go to The Finals. Another sniper helped James against the Pistons -- Daniel Gibson.

6. The Cavs second unit sometimes has James and four snipers -- Channing Frye, Deron Williams, Korver ... and yes ... James. If James is shooting 47 percent from 3-point range, he can join the Sniper Club.

7. Korver received a lot of attention in the Toronto series, and it was deserved. He averaged 10.3 points in 21 minutes a game, shooting 58 percent on 3-pointers. As he told some of us after a game, "It was nice to be more than a decoy, I felt like a basketball player."

8. Korver had been disappointed in his shooting earlier in the playoffs. His "decoy" comment means the defense chases him, even when he doesn't have the ball. That opens up shots for others.

9. In the Indiana series, he averaged only 5.3 points and shot 38 percent on 3-pointers. The team plays well with him on the court because he demands so much defensive attention. But his job is to make shots, and he started to do that in the Toronto series. Korver's team defense also is very good.

10. But receiving little attention was Frye. He scored 36 points in 52 minutes in the Toronto series. He was 13-of-20 (65 percent) from the field. A few of the Raptors mentioned how "Frye always kills us." His 3-pointers seem to come at important parts in the game.

11. Deron Williams averaged only 4.5 points in the Toronto series. But the backup point guard takes some of the ball-handling duties off James. He was 8-of-16 shooting (50 percent). Most importantly, James trusts the veteran.

12. Think of the names: Frye, Korver and Williams ... all brought in by Griffin in the last 15 months. All joined J.R. Smith as role players and outside shooting snipers to help James.

#sniperclub

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone surprised that Tristan Thompson leads the whole NBA playoffs in Offensive rebounds per game for any of the guys that made it to the 2nd round?---- only guy ahead of him is Thad Young from Indiana- who of course only played 4 games.

When the going gets tough- and the games get more important- Thompson steps up.....his defense, and rebounding and ability to guard every position on the floor is CRITICAL to what the Cavaliers do.

next closest guy to Tristan in offensive rebouding that got out of the 1st round is Pau Gasol ast 2.5 per game. (*wait- actually Gortat is at 4.1- he is 2nd- and Gasol is 3rd at 2.5)

Thompson is at 4.9 offensive rebounds per game. THat is RIDICULOUS

5 extra possessions a game. That is HUGELY important in the playoffs and just shows PARt of his immense value.