• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eveytime Lebron does that stutter step you know he's gonna shoot the 3. Why give it to him to easy ? Or mindlessly foul him and BAIL him out? Hes not that hard to defend. Even Jordan has noted this.

Oh he can be stopped. By a quality defender who knows his shit. Or at least contained. Pippen would shut his assdown QUICK. Leonard gives him nightmares too

You should hit up DeRozan. He's offering $100 for this information...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would have ever guessed this from JR Smith?--- not concerned with his shots- more concerned with playing solid D against some of the best wings in the game:

J.R. Smith changes emphasis from getting swishes to forcing misses

CLEVELAND -- The box score showed the Toronto Raptors' DeMar DeRozan finishing with just five points on 2-for-11 shooting in the Cleveland Cavaliers' 125-103 Game 2 win Wednesday, but that wasn't enough for J.R. Smith.

He wanted his impact on the defensive end to be truly accounted for.

So when a reporter pointed out after the game that DeRozan did not score a field goal until the third quarter, Smith stepped in to correct him.

"The fourth," Smith said, knowing full well that by the time he checked out for good at the end of the third, DeRozan had just one point -- on a technical free throw -- and was 0-for-9 from the field.

There was a time in Smith's career when he would play a game like he did Wednesday, when he totaled just six points on 2-for-4 shooting, and feel like he wasn't involved enough.

Even now, prioritizing defense over offense goes against his basic nature as someone whose motto is, when in doubt, shoot.

And considering that Cavs coach Tyronn Lue said James' production has been triggered by Smith guarding the opponent's best player though the first two rounds, perhaps Smith's defense stands alone as the main catalyst to the Cavs' title defense looking so strong.

"I really challenged J.R., especially with Paul George, of just saying that, 'You have the assignment of guarding Paul George, and we're going to [let] LeBron roam. He's going to guard him throughout the course of the game and the course of the series, but you have the responsibility,'" Lue said. "By doing that, it's given Bron a chance to play extended minutes and being able to roam and play fast and play with a pace. Like I said, you've got to give credit to J.R."

"With J.R., he said, 'I'm not concerned with the offensive end, I'm going to continue to get stops,'" Lue said. "He's come to timeouts numerous times and said, 'Don't worry about me, I'm going to continue to get stops.'"

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed this game. Just saw the highlights.

The way LeBron just playing with Ibaka basically tells everything. What a borefest.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys realize just how disgusting LeBron has been playing thus far in the playoffs? Dont tell me this isnt his best version.

Right now he is at:

34.2 pts, 9.2 rebounds, 7.3 assists, shooting 56.5% from the field, shooting 48.4% on three's (he LEADS the Cavs in 3's this postseason- who saw THAT coming?), 2.7 steals a game and 1.8 blocks per game.....thats INSANE.

he is doing everything---- its amazing to me he is at 48.4% from 3, and has the most 3's in the postseason for the Cavs....unbelievable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Curry was putting up similar numbers, you can bet we wouldn't be hearing "borefest"

We'd be hearing how amazing he is.

LeBron has a lot of haters here, it's sad.
and he is just so much more exciting...that off the glass dunk and the behind the back pass -- those 2 assists from Kyrie where lebron just slammed it were nuts. He is just freaking ridiculous. He accomplished the last thing he HAD to accomplish last year and the confidence and coolness that he is playing with is just ridiculous. He just brings something to the team that even last year i didnt see. he just knows he cant be stopped.

that trap against DeRozan DIDNT work in the Bucks series for the Bucks- DErozan broke it--- they asked DeRozan why he cant break it against the Cavs- and he said the Bucks dont have LeBron--- notice is really never LeBron one of the two guys that blitzes and doubles DeRozan- LeBron is sitting back and looking for where DeRozan wants to pass it and he is just jumping that lane or cutting it off and its taking their offense - an offense that was spectacular in the regular season- and it has just taken it totally out of sync....Lue said it too- having Smith on DeRozan allows LeBron to play free safety.....its amazing- watch it next game. I guarantee you he jumps the passing lane a couple times for a break- just like we have already seeen.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys realize just how disgusting LeBron has been playing thus far in the playoffs? Dont tell me this isnt his best version.

Right now he is at:

34.2 pts, 9.2 rebounds, 7.3 assists, shooting 56.5% from the field, shooting 48.4% on three's (he LEADS the Cavs in 3's this postseason- who saw THAT coming?), 2.7 steals a game and 1.8 blocks per game.....thats INSANE.

he is doing everything---- its amazing to me he is at 48.4% from 3, and has the most 3's in the postseason for the Cavs....unbelievable.

The 48% from 3 is crazy when you realize he's attempting over 5 per game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 48% from 3 is crazy when you realize he's attempting over 5 per game.
that is bonkers

who would have guessed that LEBRON would be leading the team in 3's i nthe post season?

last season they just gave him that shot in the postseason--- he has done a great job working on getting that the point shot to a great percentage this season. Its what makes him so great- he continually works on it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Raptors rebounded from 2 blowouts and tied the series.

I'm not sure if the memory of that is going to be more beneficial for the Raptors and their confidence or the Cavs and their resistance to complacency.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Raptors rebounded from 2 blowouts and tied the series.

I'm not sure if the memory of that is going to be more beneficial for the Raptors and their confidence or the Cavs and their resistance to complacency.

I'd guess a little of both. I'd lean a little more towards beneficial to the Raptors because they'll know they were in the same spot last year and tied the series, plus they'll feed off of the home crowd.

But the Cavs want to end this series asap so they can rest before the next round and avoid potential injuries. For them it'll be more about, if a game starts to go sideways do they not worry too much about it knowing they have HCA and still took the Raptors out in 6 last year?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess a little of both. I'd lean a little more towards beneficial to the Raptors because they'll know they were in the same spot last year and tied the series, plus they'll feed off of the home crowd.

But the Cavs want to end this series asap so they can rest before the next round and avoid potential injuries. For them it'll be more about, if a game starts to go sideways do they not worry too much about it knowing they have HCA and still took the Raptors out in 6 last year?

Yeah, I think it will be a competitive game. Raptors will be confident and Cavs will be locked in. I think Cavs win a close game.

That depends on Lowry being healthy, though, which is somewhat in question.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

Dave McMenamin ESPN Staff Writer
Can LeBron James play any better than he has through the Cavs' 6-0 start to the playoffs? "I don't know," James said at shootaround Friday. "We'll see. I've been playing at the best for quite a while now. Since I was about 16."

Dave McMenamin ESPN Staff Writer
LeBron James on how he's raised his level of play in the postseason: "I just train my mind and train my body. It's the best part of the year. They say this is where legends are made and where you can make a name for yourself that can last longer than when you play the game, when you're done. I just try to put myself into a position where I can be best remembered when I'm done playing."

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if shit can't get any easier for the Cavs, Now Lowry isn't playing?

Can the CREAMPUFF get any easier short of the Cavs getting a bye to the finals? The Raptors are bad enough WITH Lowry for Christ sakes. :L:L:L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if shit can't get any easier for the Cavs, Now Lowry isn't playing?

Can the CREAMPUFF get any easier short of the Cavs getting a bye to the finals? The Raptors are bad enough WITH Lowry for Christ sakes. :L:L:L

:Cry:

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you gotta rely on Valancuinus to try and get you a win you're fucked.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs playing like shit. Too many turnovers

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how LeBron can push off but you can't grab him. Even at home.

LEPAMPERED!!!!

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 You still sticking by the claim that this Raptors team is better than last years?

and if so, what does that say about this years Cavs team?

Joseph is playing great, so the Lowry injury is kind of moot right now, I'm curious on your thoughts.

You seem to know quite a bit more about the intricacies of the game than me.