• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mostly just meant i hadnt heard any whining about the defense for a span of a few hours and it was nice.

I didn't watch the 2nd half of the game but in the 1st half, I don't think their defense was that great. Toronto missed a lot of quality looks. The issue for Toronto was Cleveland got any and everything they wanted on offense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please eshow me where i talked about the alley oop or kyrie having not a great pass

i mean did you watch that play? the funniest part is- if you watch that replay-- LeBron is calling for the alley-oop off the glass almost as soon as they pass half court.

That was unbelievable. No one who watches this guy can say he has lost anything yet. That was a lot of fun.

I was out until mid 3rd qtr. didn't see it live but saw the replay.
Raptors are a very tough team to figure. They won't get swept, but they aren't winning 4 games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the 2nd half of the game but in the 1st half, I don't think their defense was that great. Toronto missed a lot of quality looks. The issue for Toronto was Cleveland got any and everything they wanted on offense.

The Cavs D is still not good, but it's not a big deal against these teams so far because they just ourscore them.
My guess is they'd lose to these Rockets, and Warriors will expose them in every way possible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knid of thought the opposite. I think the Cavs had a great scheme to slow down DeRozan- and- despite Toronto actually shooting 85% from the free throw line and 39% from 3--- still beat them up pretty good- on a final score that really didnt indicate how the Cavs controlled the game for the most part.

Good to see Thompson especially kick ass. The guy always seems to step up when the lights are the brightest. Heard JR sprained his thumb-- hope its not serious. They took x rays and i heard some people were kind worried on the psot game radio

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs D is still not good, but it's not a big deal against these teams so far because they just ourscore them.
My guess is they'd lose to these Rockets, and Warriors will expose them in every way possible.

Only way Toronto can honestly make this interesting is if Carroll and Patterson can produce more and hit open looks in addition to Lowry and DeRozan playing well.

This was just one game so let's see how they perform in game 2. Would be nice to see them actually go toe to toe with Cleveland for once in a playoffs game away from Toronto

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mostly just meant i hadnt heard any whining about the defense for a span of a few hours and it was nice.

It would be pretty stupid to nit pick the Cavs D when they're blowing out the other team.
Game wasn't as close as the final score.
As @bksballer89 stated, I think people only would be surprised if the Raptors would have been ahead or won.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way Toronto can honestly make this interesting is if Carroll and Patterson can produce more and hit open looks in addition to Lowry and DeRozan playing well.

This was just one game so let's see how they perform in game 2. Would be nice to see them actually go toe to toe with Cleveland for once in a playoffs game away from Toronto

That's just usually how they don't roll.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this had to be my favorite play of the night though----

Kyrie Irving- best handle in the game. holy shit man......Jefferson's face when they go to the bench is priceless.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this had to be my favorite play of the night though----

Kyrie Irving- best handle in the game. holy shit man......Jefferson's face when they go to the bench is priceless.

hamada+no+one+cares.gif

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knid of thought the opposite. I think the Cavs had a great scheme to slow down DeRozan- and- despite Toronto actually shooting 85% from the free throw line and 39% from 3--- still beat them up pretty good- on a final score that really didnt indicate how the Cavs controlled the game for the most part.
Good to see Thompson especially kick ass. The guy always seems to step up when the lights are the brightest. Heard JR sprained his thumb-- hope its not serious. They took x rays and i heard some people were kind worried on the psot game radio

I'm not sure they had a bulletproof scheme -- but it was interesting to watch how they were prepared to double-team and get the ball out of DeRozan's hands. (and Lowry some) Patterson & JV were weak.

Lebron hinted they would do a different Defensive scheme in playoffs and they did double on the ball -- then the other guys protected the paint -- they showed more focus on D than 2nd half of season. There was one regular season game where DeRozan dominated them at crunch time. It looks like they remember that one.

Plus JV did not bully them down low. It also made sense that Cavs will play Shumpert at select times to stop top guards when they get rolling. (or to slowdown someone like DeRozan)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone expected Cleveland to win this series but the way the defense had been playing they didnt expect them to blow them out like this. Of course it is one game but for the last month and a half they hadnt blown out anyone. I think everyone and myself is realzing this team can turn it on when they want, I'm not going to jump to that right now, but they could be that team. Only time will tell but this core just knows how to win games and get to the Finals. The thing we will have to find out for ourselves is if they can step it up the another notch to beat a team like GS.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cRaps are scared, this is over in 4 or 5

Cavs looked great and did their D

Haters gonna hate

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, if the team misses shots they suck. Every team misses shots. I honestly thought that 1st quarter defense was great, 2nd quarter they werent as aggressive and let them back into the game. It wasnt their best but if you watched the 1st quarter than you know they looked good

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson sucks, he aint gonna help. Too many inconsistent role players. I love Ibaka and what he brings but JV looks soft. Love is looking like a much tougher player than JV

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the key to this series for Toronto is Carroll and Patterson playing well, Toronto is royally fucked.