• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait....i can hear it

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1175796.jpg

Who here expected the Raptors to really do anything? *Reference aforementioned image*

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dante Jones did what he was supposed to do as well...lol....everyone has a role.

I thought LeBron was obviously amazing. Tristan was the best rebounder on the floor with a lot of good rebounders tonight. Love, LeBron, Ibaka, Valunciunas-- freaking Tucker played a great game...and Tristan came away with 11 points, 14 boards, 2 steals, 2 assists. I thought he played a very prominent role in tonights win that could get overlooked. I thought Love played okay--- hes playing solid ball but his shot just doesnt look right yet...he needs a big game where he kind of busts out...not that 18 and 9 are anything to sneeze at. Spurs would kill to see Aldridge go for 18 and 9- SOOO SOFT.

Only 22 points from the bench- but on a night like tonight when the Big 3 combine for almost 70 points- and Tristan goes for double digits- you dont really need the bench to have a big night.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dj why you are broke on SportsHoopla dollars? what happened?

want a loan? the juice will be running though....

I have a bunch of bets outstanding.....and I've been on a losing streak lately......:pound:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait....i can hear it

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1175796.jpg

Hear what? I think outside of turnup everyone picked Cleveland to win the series. Pretty sure everyone on here expected this result.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dante Jones did what he was supposed to do as well...lol....everyone has a role.

I thought LeBron was obviously amazing. Tristan was the best rebounder on the floor with a lot of good rebounders tonight. Love, LeBron, Ibaka, Valunciunas-- freaking Tucker played a great game...and Tristan came away with 11 points, 14 boards, 2 steals, 2 assists. I thought he played a very prominent role in tonights win that could get overlooked. I thought Love played okay--- hes playing solid ball but his shot just doesnt look right yet...he needs a big game where he kind of busts out...not that 18 and 9 are anything to sneeze at. Spurs would kill to see Aldridge go for 18 and 9- SOOO SOFT.

Only 22 points from the bench- but on a night like tonight when the Big 3 combine for almost 70 points- and Tristan goes for double digits- you dont really need the bench to have a big night.
Dude, the Cavs were smart to bring in a goon.

Having Bron bait Draymond is not wise. He can't be the guy to retaliate when Tucker or Ibaka lay the wood on him either.

As long as everyone chips in for Jones' fine, it's all good.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bunch of bets outstanding.....and I've been on a losing streak lately......:pound:
That's what you get for betting on the fucking Clippers.

What.

Were.

You.

Thinking/Drinking?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers deliver a championship caliber performance -- Terry Pluto (photos)

from the great Terry Pluto- says how the Cavs had a really nice plan to deal with DeRozan defensively:

The game wasn't even that close. After three quarters, the Cavs had made only four turnovers. They had a 22-point lead, and were dominating the backboards.

It was a reminder to the Cavs and the rest of the Eastern Conference that the defending NBA champions are still in Cleveland.

Think of Kyrie Irving scoring 24 points and passing for 10 assists. Irving had only 12 total assists in the four-game sweep of the Pacers.

Think of Tristan Thompson with 14 rebounds, LeBron James with 10 and Kevin Love with 9 -- demonstrating that rebounding can be a team effort.

Think of James scoring 35 points to accompany those four assists and 10 rebounds.

Think of the Cavs shooting 24-of-29 (83 percent) at the free throw line. They were 14-of-27 in the opener of the Indiana series.

Think of ball movement and a commitment to defense.

Think of what this team can do when it plays ... well ... like a team with one goal in mind.

"Our guys came out with the mindset to push the basketball and a defensive mindset," said Lue. "They know what is at stake."

The Cavs continually ran two defenders -- called "blitzing" -- when Toronto star DeMar DeRozan had the ball. He scored 19 points, but was 7-of-16 shooting.

He made four turnovers and never could make a big impact on the game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

set the tone.

Unbelievable. I thought Kyrie made kind of a shitty pass off the glass too....LeBron had to go get it to a certain extent.

That really got the crowd going. LeBron with plenty of rest is a dangerous dangerous thing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear what? I think outside of turnup everyone picked Cleveland to win the series. Pretty sure everyone on here expected this result.

I picked the Raptors sarcastically.
Do I really think they can beat LeBron 4 times?
Hell no.

As far as expected, everyone I know including me has predicted Cavs vs Warriors III since the day last season ended.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Raptors sarcastically.
Do I really think they can beat LeBron 4 times?
Hell no.

As far as expected, everyone I know including me has predicted Cavs vs Warriors III since the day last season ended.

Yeah his post was so stupid like we expected Cleveland to lose this game

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

set the tone.

Unbelievable. I thought Kyrie made kind of a shitty pass off the glass too....LeBron had to go get it to a certain extent.

That really got the crowd going. LeBron with plenty of rest is a dangerous dangerous thing.

How many fucking times can you repeat the same garbage?
Let us know when you'll take the Cavs to win it all.
You wouldn't even give me 4-1 vs Raptors after you said Cavs would win 90-95% of the time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many fucking times can you repeat the same garbage?
Let us know when you'll take the Cavs to win it all.
You wouldn't even give me 4-1 vs Raptors after you said Cavs would win 90-95% of the time.
please eshow me where i talked about the alley oop or kyrie having not a great pass

i mean did you watch that play? the funniest part is- if you watch that replay-- LeBron is calling for the alley-oop off the glass almost as soon as they pass half court.

That was unbelievable. No one who watches this guy can say he has lost anything yet. That was a lot of fun.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah his post was so stupid so we expected Cleveland to lose this game

Same old hyperbowl.
Let's just once again say the Cavs are fortunate to be in the East.
NBA needs to seed all playoff teams 1-16 to make these 2 months more interesting.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TL;DR

June is coming.