• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest factor that stuck out to me in game 1 was Washington's poor defense. Especially after watching the Chicago series... the Bulls were scrapping (aside from game 6), they usually made matters tough for Boston.

However, in Game 1 vs the Wiz.... the C's were getting a lot of open shots.

I don't expect the C's to hit 18 3's often... but if the Wiz don't pick up the defensive intensity, it's not so wild to predict that Wash will continue to get burned like they did today.

It's the Eastern Conference Semi's, guys. Time to wake up.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy with todays result. The best thing for the Celtics is getting Brad more chances as coach to gain playoff experience and learn how to read and make team adjustments. Today he did that in buckets.

You can never take much from one game. It takes 3 or 4 to see the theme of the match up. The Celtics are deeper but the Wizards may have a better starting 5. Wizards had no fouls called against them in second half until the very very end. Thats concerning

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Shane answer my question yet?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like you fucking know everything dude. Morris is a huge part of this team, shows you dont watch the Wizards, when he plays good, they win. They had all momentm, Morris goes out and it kills their good run. Yes, it does make a difference. So again you are not right.

It's hilarious you say Boston was going to win this "no matter what" bc you picked the Wiz in 6. You literally change up your story every fucking time and act like you knew what was going to happen. Keep bullshitting man, everyone has caught on by now.

th

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still waiting for him to tell me the post # of where I supposedly change my story on my prediction of Wiz in 6. He disappeared on me lmao

All I stated is that with or without Morris, Boston would have won today due to how crazy they were shooting from 3.....Somehow he took it as me changing my prediction for this series lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for him to tell me the post # of where I supposedly change my story on my prediction of Wiz in 6. He disappeared on me lmao

All I stated is that with or without Morris, Boston would have won today due to how crazy they were shooting from 3.....Somehow he took it as me changing my prediction for this series lol

Well, to be fair, Cavs fans aren't exactly eaten up with intelligence.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has nothing to do with the prediction. I say the Morris' injury is definitely a game changer if he cant play and you act like he isnt. He their 3rd option, Porter is the 3 and guy but Morris the guy that has an entire game, when he plays good they flow. Then you say the C's always had this series and it was never in question and you predicted the Wiz.
So why does bullshit need to be explained? You will just say were right and we move on. The point is you are wrong about Morris, he is a huge part of this team.

The end.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, Cavs fans aren't exactly eaten up with intelligence.

That's funny bc most Laker fans on this board are basically a joke, not talking about you. You basically just lead a bunch of idiots and stick for them lol. CL is cool, though I just like to give him a hard time. So many Laker fans troll it's hilarious.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny bc most Laker fans on this board are basically a joke, not talking about you. You basically just lead a bunch of idiots and stick for them lol. CL is cool, though I just like to give him a hard time. So many Laker fans troll it's hilarious.

Nonsense. Lakers fans aren't trolls. Also, Lebron isn't a Top 10 player and the Cavs are gonna lose to the Raptors

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect the C's to hit 18 3's often... but if the Wiz don't pick up the defensive intensity, it's not so wild to predict that Wash will continue to get burned like they did today.

It's the Eastern Conference Semi's, guys. Time to wake up.

this has been the knock of the wizards all season ... hell, going back a couple years. Its what got the last coach fired because he would not stop yelling at them to play more defense.

I think everyone, fans & players, have come to the understanding that they're either going to out score an opponent or not win the game.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this has been the knock of the wizards all season ... hell, going back a couple years. Its what got the last coach fired because he would not stop yelling at them to play more defense.

I think everyone, fans & players, have come to the understanding that they're either going to out score an opponent or not win the game.

Bold prediction . . . but I agree that the Wizards will not win any games where they don't outscore their opponent.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with the prediction. I say the Morris' injury is definitely a game changer if he cant play and you act like he isnt. He their 3rd option, Porter is the 3 and guy but Morris the guy that has an entire game, when he plays good they flow. Then you say the C's always had this series and it was never in question and you predicted the Wiz.
So why does bullshit need to be explained? You will just say were right and we move on. The point is you are wrong about Morris, he is a huge part of this team.

The end.

Point is the Wizards offense wasn't an issue yesterday. Their role players played well. They scored 111 points. They win the series pretty easily if they're scoring 111 PPG in this series.

Defense was the issue and Boston was on fire.....it happens

I'm not shitting on Morris or anything. I just think with the way Boston were shooting yesterday that they win this game even if Morris doesn't get hurt.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One interesting piece to the game was the addition of Terry Rozier early in the game. The kid is fearless and he delivered numerous rebounds an assists with his energy. Terry is coming of age this year

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol @you of all people claiming any other fan is a joke or troll. You literally just post bullshit that you don't/can't back up and when it's shown you were wrong and just made shit up, you just stop responding.

The best part is, you think everyone is laughing with you...:pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an interesting series.

If I am the Cavs I think I would rather face the Celtics- as the Cavs have proved they can handle them relatively easily--- of course- the Cavs would have home court against the Wiz.

the Wiz are more talented at the top of the roster- i dont think anyone would dispute that---- but the Celtics are deeper and mentally tougher/prepared for the playoffs.

Its a really even matchup. I hope it goes 7 and wouldnt be surprised if it went 7. Seems like Boston has some momentum/good feelings going on after coming back against the Bulls and they are riding an emotional wave right now.

We will see what Wall and Beale are really made out of very soon. They need to be leaders and elevate everyone- more so than just put up stats if the Wiz are going to win.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as a Cavs fan, I don't have an opinion on who I want to win the series. Cavs would either get the slightly better matchup, or they'd get homecourt advantage.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that Brandon Jennings move. Sneaky little devil