• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bojan had one game where he played limited minutes and all of sudden he is struggling to get off the bench?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have played two games, both in Boston and both could have gone either way, and some of you are already throwing dirt on the Wiz as if they got destroyed at home twice? Come on now, they played great in Washington all year and in a few days this could look like a completely different team and a completely different series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have played two games, both in Boston and both could have gone either way, and some of you are already throwing dirt on the Wiz as if they got destroyed at home twice? Come on now, they played great in Washington all year and in a few days this could look like a completely different team and a completely different series.
I think the Wiz should bounce back and play well in Washington--- obviously they need more from their bench though- esp. if Porter and Morris have any lingering injury issues. Oubre seems to be getting the biggest share of PT off the bench- and he has been playing decently enough- but after that its kinda been a black hole from the bench.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that based on those two games Washington is having trouble sustaining their level of play through 4 quarters. That doesn't usually bode well when the goal is to win the series.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that based on those two games Washington is having trouble sustaining their level of play through 4 quarters. That doesn't usually bode well when the goal is to win the series.

If we only judged teams by how they played on the road in front of playoff crowds it wouldn't be much of an evaluation right? Just sayin'. Wall or Beal hit that last shot and they go home 1-1 despite an insane night by Thomas and this series is looked at completely differently.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we only judged teams by how they played on the road in front of playoff crowds it wouldn't be much of an evaluation right? Just sayin'. Wall or Beal hit that last shot and they go home 1-1 despite an insane night by Thomas and this series is looked at completely differently.
Its def. not over.

the Wiz can build up big leagues but having such a shallow bench really hurts them at times. Wall and Beale both need to have great games- as well as getting solid efforts out of Morris and Gortat.

Porter has been okay- i dont want to blast him too much because of his ankle issues- but they might need more out of him.

the Boston front court has been their weakness for the most part---- the Wiz need to win the rebounding battle decisively--- and that means more production from Gortat. Being +3 in rebounds over 2 games is okay rebounding wise- but that could be a way for the Wiz to gain an advantage....with Morris being kind of an undersized 4 and dealing with injury issues- it would be nice if Mahimi was healthy and able to play- but it doesnt look like that is happening. Jason Smith isnt a great answer.

Gortat avergaging 15 and 12 over the first two games is encouraging- they just need more help to exploit bostons weakness in the front court rebounding wise....I mean horford is a solid rebounder but hes more of a skill guy than a brawler. Same with Olnyk.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its def. not over.

the Wiz can build up big leagues but having such a shallow bench really hurts them at times. Wall and Beale both need to have great games- as well as getting solid efforts out of Morris and Gortat.

Porter has been okay- i dont want to blast him too much because of his ankle issues- but they might need more out of him.

the Boston front court has been their weakness for the most part---- the Wiz need to win the rebounding battle decisively--- and that means more production from Gortat. Being +3 in rebounds over 2 games is okay rebounding wise- but that could be a way for the Wiz to gain an advantage....with Morris being kind of an undersized 4 and dealing with injury issues- it would be nice if Mahimi was healthy and able to play- but it doesnt look like that is happening. Jason Smith isnt a great answer.

Gortat avergaging 15 and 12 over the first two games is encouraging- they just need more help to exploit bostons weakness in the front court rebounding wise....I mean horford is a solid rebounder but hes more of a skill guy than a brawler. Same with Olnyk.

As a Cavs fan who do you not want to see advance? I mean I can't believe you would be worried about either team but which one would you rather not face?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cavs fan who do you not want to see advance? I mean I can't believe you would be worried about either team but which one would you rather not face?
its kind of equal to be honest- plusses and minuses to both.

the Celtics- if the Cavs face them--- the Celtcs would have home-court- and the Celts do seem to have some good team chemistry/momentum going right now. They are riding an emotional wave from Isiah Thomas and his sisters unfortunate untimely death. Sometimes a team just needs something like that to happen to be instilled with purpose and camaraderie- to give them a rallying point. That worries me a little bit.

On the other side- the Wiz have better high end talent- which is usually the best trump card in the playoffs. wall is definitely better than anyone the Celts have. Beale is easily the 3rd best player in the series--- the Wiz showed they arent afraid to play very physical and tough in that atlanta series- which is a pre-requisite if you want to try and beat LeBron James.

Its tough--- i have gone back and forth since they are so evenly matched. At first i said i would rather play Boston- but with Porter and Morris being slowed by injuries--- and the momentum that boston has- im kind of starting to go the other way.

not a lot separate these two teams. thats for sure. I just hope it goes 7 games.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, however, we can't live by the "what if" factor, but instead should evaluate based on facts. And the facts are so far the Wizards have been unable to put the Celts away in either game. Simple as that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... in fairness, neither team is heads-and-tails better than the other... so there is room for interpretation/opinion.

Wash's starting 5 is money and their offense can hum at times. However, their negatives (bench, defense, toughness) stand out to me in a big way this series... even when Boston has been down, I haven't had the feeling Washington has had their number... rather, I suspected Boston would be right back in it as soon as they started hitting some of the open shots that the Wiz give away like candy.

My take:

Washington's starters totally dominate Boston's. Boston's bench dominates Washington's.

In theory, the edge should favor Washington because the starters play more minutes, but Stevens vs. Brooks is the difference. The biggest knock on him has always been inability to make adjustments, and that was painfully evident last night. Switching pick and roll is not going to work. It shouldn't take IT4 scoring 53 and Boston going over 120 2 straight games to figure that out.

I think Washington is the better team, but I think Boston will win the series. I hope I am wrong.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, however, we can't live by the "what if" factor, but instead should evaluate based on facts. And the facts are so far the Wizards have been unable to put the Celts away in either game. Simple as that.

This is also true, but again so is the fact that teams play better at home.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- it should be god-send to the guy getting PT when you have wings like Porter and Morris suffering injuries when you are supposdely the #1 wing off the bench--- only to have that positon usurped by the Great Oubre of 21 years of age.

role does have alot to do with it ...

Bobo is the best scoring option from the 2nd unit ... but Brooks has been utilizing Oubre because of his defense.

Brooks also mentioned in his presser he should have given Bobo more minutes.

i think he is dealing with a neck injury that nobody is talking about

my 2 cents :2cents:

verdict still out on Nets trade.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington is the better team, but I think Boston will win the series. I hope I am wrong.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree on this part. I'd say:

In a "star" league, Washington has the better players... especially at the top end of their roster. But Boston is the better team.

Lunchpale guys like Bradley and Smart are playing better, more complete games than a "star" like Beal. Frankly, I'm watching this series and wondering why Beal can't/won't scrap on defense the way the C's perimeter players are.

Why can't the Wizards as a whole play better defense? Guys like Wall, Beal, Porter and Morris are all athletic and versatile... what gives?

Yeah... I'm questioning their will to win. Roll up the sleeves, fellas... play some damn D.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,847.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE MITCH KUPCHAK!!!!!

Why?

Because Isaiah Thomas wanted to play for the Lakers.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roll up the sleeves, fellas... play some damn D.

its like this generation is scared of playing defense because they dont want to get "posterized"

i think this is why i like Oubre so much.

he plays with no fear

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this is why i like Oubre so much.

he plays with no fear
Oubre definitely looks like he has potential as a 3 and D guy... with some crafty lefthandedness thrown in.

He's a little young to make a huge impact in this series, and needs to hit the gym. But he has got potential.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kieff has out performed himself in this series and I give him a standing ovation for playing through that injury.

He was worth the first round pick we gave to the Suns ... first round picks are over rated

Kieff was an upgrade over Nene who could NOT stay on the court & wanted to play a different style game then Wall

but Kieff is not elite

so he is my fall guy ... & Mahinmi ... fuck him too

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre definitely looks like he has potential as a 3 and D guy... with some crafty lefthandedness thrown in.

He's a little young to make a huge impact in this series, and needs to hit the gym. But he has got potential.

right ... i think 5 years from now, he puts some meat on his bones, he might turn into somebody

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not always....

Here are this year's final standings. Find me one team that had a better road record than home in the entire league this year because I'll be damned if I could find one. Then look at the record of the teams we are discussing:

Washington: Home:30-11 Away: 19-22

Boston: Home:30-11 Away: 23-18

NBA Regular Season Standings