• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cherry picking LOL

lets look at the playoff stats vs. the regular season stats FOR THE TOTAL of the playoffs- all 9 games

Regular season averages with the Wizards:

12.7 pts, 3.1 rpg, 0.8 apg, 45.7% shooting from the field, 39.1% from 3

Postseason averages

8.5 pts, 4.0 rpg, 0.3 apg, 39.1% shooting, 33.3% from 3

is that cherry picking? just asking...let me know when you can get back to me lol in the words of the great Tom Hamilton: BALL GAME

Kyrie Irving had a game against the 76ers this year where he scored 11 points.
Tristan Thompson had a game where he scored 0 points and had 6 rebounds.
Lebron had a game where he only scored 18 in 40 minutes and took an L.

No one is here claiming those games are indicative of the skill of those guys.

You pointing out a single game, where as @bksballer89 was preceded by 5 double digit games is the definition of cherry picking.

Dude give it up.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I only like the chicken. Im not a big waffle guy.
The chicken and ALL the sides. My goodness that is some good macaroni & cheese...and those greens too!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I only like the chicken. Im not a big waffle guy.

That chicken is good. I like to put a little Louisiana style hot sauce on the chicken and then put maple syrup over the waffle and chicken. That mix of savory and sweet with some heat from the hot sauce is awesome.

I even make chicken and waffles at home sometimes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving had a game against the 76ers this year where he scored 11 points.
Tristan Thompson had a game where he scored 0 points and had 6 rebounds.
Lebron had a game where he only scored 18 in 40 minutes and took an L.

No one is here claiming those games are indicative of the skill of those guys.

You pointing out a single game, where as @bksballer89 was preceded by 5 double digit games is the definition of cherry picking.

Dude give it up.

And to make the situation worse, we're comparing 9 games to a 82 game regular season.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i totally agree--- thats why i responded by posting the averages.

Especially on a team so devoid of bench help- i think its a pretty strong indicator of how much Brooks thinks the guy can help/how he is playing that he got 8 minutes. ESP. when they have a starter like Morris suffer an injury.

did you take a look at those averages i posted?

He's a bench player? Those guys tend to get rotated based on how they're playing. That's like saying Kyle Korver is hot buttered garbage because one game he might not shoot well and coach plays him just a few minutes. Same with Channing Frye, etc, etc.

Like it's not hard to grasp. Bodgan isn't a starter, he's a reserve and he's there for offense. If it's not clicking on a particular night, he gets a shorter leash because again, he's a reserve and a role player.

Expecting a role player to be spectacular and holding him to a standard that isn't really attainable is just strange. Like, I'm 100% sure you know more about basketball than to try to go after this as one of your main points.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That chicken is good. I like to put a little Louisiana style hot sauce on the chicken and then put maple syrup over the waffle and chicken. That mix of savory and sweet with some heat from the hot sauce is awesome.

I even make chicken and waffles at home sometimes.
hot sauce and maple syrup?

interesting....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i totally agree--- thats why i responded by posting the averages.

Especially on a team so devoid of bench help- i think its a pretty strong indicator of how much Brooks thinks the guy can help/how he is playing that he got 8 minutes. ESP. when they have a starter like Morris suffer an injury.

did you take a look at those averages i posted?

why burn hte first round pick if you were just gonna play Oubre anyway? I thought it was stupid at the time and time is vindicating that opinion- as usually happens.

esp. when Lou Williams and PJ Tucker were out there- guys who i think are far superior players

They obviously needed help with their bench so there was never a thought in my mind that Bojan was coming to replace Oubre. He came to help a shitty bench and he has done that for the most part.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bench player? Those guys tend to get rotated based on how they're playing. That's like saying Kyle Korver is hot buttered garbage because one game he might not shoot well and coach plays him just a few minutes. Same with Channing Frye, etc, etc.

Like it's not hard to grasp. Bodgan isn't a starter, he's a reserve and he's there for offense. If it's not clicking on a particular night, he gets a shorter leash because again, he's a reserve and a role player.

Expecting a role player to be spectacular and holding him to a standard that isn't really attainable is just strange. Like, I'm 100% sure you know more about basketball than to try to go after this as one of your main points.

Give it up. Makes no sense to have this discussion. He clearly expects Bojan to be a star

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im not saying he has to be spectacular

im just not surprised AT ALL that his averages have substantially fallen from the regular season--- and i thought it was interesting on a night where Morris is playing through an injury- AND they go to overtime- the guy has his ass nailed to the bench---- probably - my guess would be- becuase his shooting has gone to shit once the playoffs started. Can you play a guy that is there primarily for offense- when your defense is struggling and the guy is shooting like shit? REALLY? burned a first round pick o nthat?

Lou Williams, PJ Tucker- both were dealt for worse compensation. Ill guarantee you right now the Wizards would INSTANTLY take either one for him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chicken and ALL the sides. My goodness that is some good macaroni & cheese...and those greens too!

Love a good mac and cheese and some greens too. May have to change up my order next time. Although that will be difficult.

Reactions: LAD

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it up. Makes no sense to have this discussion. He clearly expects Bojan to be a star

Ok, well take a look at these two players. Who would you rather have?

Here are two trade acquisitions that happened this year. I'll give you a hint, one of them is Bojan. Can you guess who the other is? Both were also traded for protected 1st round picks, scheduled to be in the early to mid 20's.

Playoff averages: 17 mpg, 5.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.6 spg

Playoff averages: 19 mpg, 8.5 pts, 4.0 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.6 spg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, well take a look at these two players. Who would you rather have?

Here are two trade acquisitions that happened this year. I'll give you a hint, one of them is Bojan. Can you guess who the other is? Both were also traded for protected 1st round picks, scheduled to be in the early to mid 20's.

Playoff averages: 17 mpg, 5.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.6 spg

Playoff averages: 19 mpg, 8.5 pts, 4.0 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.6 spg
Player A was traded for to spread the floor. If not for him- the Pacers series would have at least gone 5 games....that same player is shooting OVER 40% from 3 in the playoffs- and is a guy the other team HAS to be attention.

Player B?--- plays on a team with a garbage bench and cant get off it- since the one thing he supposedly does well- SHOOT- he is doing like dog shit.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player A was traded for to spread the floor. If not for him- the Pacers series would have at least gone 5 games....that same player is shooting OVER 40% from 3 in the playoffs- and is a guy the other team HAS to be attention.

Player B?--- plays on a team with a garbage bench and cant get off it- since the one thing he supposedly does well- SHOOT- he is doing like dog shit.

So because player A isn't asked to do nearly as much, he should be rewarded with his less than stellar production? Makes no sense. So the fact that Bojan has to do more is a detriment here? How does that make any sense?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because player A isn't asked to do nearly as much, he should be rewarded with his less than stellar production? Makes no sense. So the fact that Bojan has to do more is a detriment here? How does that make any sense?
well- i mean look at the benches here.

I would hope a guy that plays on a really crappy bench - and was traded for because the bench was shallow and shitty could playhimself into a larger role instead of playing himself into a smaller role once the playoff started.

I mean- wouldnt you think it would be easy to get PT if you were playing with a bunch of garbage?

Plus- i mean- PJ Tucker is averaging 4 pts a game- but i would say he has been more valuable than either of your Player A or Player B.

Role has a lot to do with it- I would think thats just common sense. I mean- correct me if i am wrong here---- but i think its PROBABLY a little harder to get PT and shots- on Team A- when you have LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, TT, Smith, Shumpert, Jefferson, Deron williams, Frye, then it is to get PT on Team B- when you have Wall, Beale, Gortat, Morris (who has dealt iwth injury issues), Oubre, Jennings, Porter(who has dealt with injury issues). and Jason Smith ....I mean call me crazy---- but Id think there is PROBABLY a better opportunity to find minutes and shots on Team B rahter than Team A. lol.

I mean- it should be god-send to the guy getting PT when you have wings like Porter and Morris suffering injuries when you are supposdely the #1 wing off the bench--- only to have that positon usurped by the Great Oubre of 21 years of age.

Its why i think Tucker would have been the better fit in the first place- let alone Lou Williams who could have been a real idfference maker.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggy is an idiot. We all know that

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love a good mac and cheese and some greens too. May have to change up my order next time. Although that will be difficult.
I don't know why but I could eat greens everyday. LOL