• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to basketball Good Lord what a show those 2 point guards put on. Obviously the Wiz defense is terrible, not exactly news. But there seemed to be nobody on Earth who could have stopped Thomas last night. John Wall of course is tremendous but as I said in the Atlanta series thread his one wart is his inability to hit game winners, or even score on the final shot of the quarter/half. Us Wiz fans have seen that one on one jumper/miss at the buzzer a lot. I knew when Thomas went to the line down 2 we were looking at overtime, saw the Wall miss coming long before it happened.

WTF was up with Bradley Beal?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant imagine just how much IT's game continues to inprove. Last pick in the draft, no height, banged up, personal issues, it just dont matter.

I thought Wall's game which was out of this world would will them to the win. This is such a physical series, and it reminds me of East Coast basketball of old. The refs let them play pretty much. Rozier and Brown really have stepped up and Horford came to play.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just the 3rd 50-point playoff performance ever in the Garden.

- Havlicek scored 54 in an opening round game in 1973
- Jordan put up 63 in a losing effort back in 1986
- Isaiah scored 53 last night

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want food around here, it's either go get fast food, go to a sports bar, or go to a nice restaurant.

There's not much in between besides a few Tijuana flats

THAT'S ALL YOU NEED!!!!

You ever have their cookie dough flautas? Ermagherd!!!!

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roscoe's is overrated! I only like one thing from there. Can you guess what? I'll give you a clue: Im black!

:noidea: The only thing I ever have there is the chicken and waffles. Don't think I've even looked at the rest of the menu. lol

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to lose weight, had Slim Fast, oatmeal, and a few grapes for breakfast. All this food talk is not helping, fuck you all and stick to basketball.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the Wiz, I see them winning 2 at home and they showed they are pretty even with the Celtics while playing at the Garden. Why couldn't they have simply scored with 2 shots from their best players at the end of regulation? Why?????

I have no idea how they can stop Isaih but a few of the others are playing over their head and will come back to Earth. At least I hope.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the Wiz, I see them winning 2 at home and they showed they are pretty even with the Celtics while playing at the Garden. Why couldn't they have simply scored with 2 shots from their best players at the end of regulation? Why?????

I have no idea how they can stop Isaih but a few of the others are playing over their head and will come back to Earth. At least I hope.

Yeah I think they win the next 2

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure Trash from the Wizards. Two straight games they pissed away big leads multiple times. They should be up 2-0 going back to Washington to close this thing out.

And honestly they should be ashamed for letting a MIDGET light them up for 53. Ridiculous. Isiah is a good player but he shouldn't be putting up MJ playoff numbers

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
67 two weeks ago

Happy Belated, Kitten!

66df934d7710d95b8e076c28d4f010c2.500x273x6.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It amazes me that Thomas consistently gets to the basket going left...I know he's quick and he can shoot, but damn...if he puts the ball on the floor, jump on his left hand and force him right and see what happens...at least once?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me that Thomas consistently gets to the basket going left...I know he's quick and he can shoot, but damn...if he puts the ball on the floor, jump on his left hand and force him right and see what happens...at least once?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Or double him like they used to do with MJ. I mean the guy was scoring virtually every trip down for the entire 4th quarter and OT, take it out of his hand and force someone else to hit some shots.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Or double him like they used to do with MJ. I mean the guy was scoring virtually every trip down for the entire 4th quarter and OT, take it out of his hand and force someone else to hit some shots.

.......and here come the Iverson comparisons.

The little guy is amazing.

He's a force and a much better shooter.

But, Iverson?

Yeah, I'm gonna need a bigger sample size.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF was up with Bradley Beal?
The C's got physical with him. Beal was definitely rattled, it showed.

The Wizard's coach even b!tched about it after the game... kinda "Fred Hoiberg"-esque. Stated that the Celtics were doing things that "are not allowed" and they need to adjust to that type of defense.

Welcome to the playoffs, Coach Whine-baby.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big problem that Washington faces is that they are a poor(er) defensive team, and it really doesn't appear they are stepping up their game in the playoffs on that end.

As a C's fan, I can tell you: I recognize a night and day difference in the defensive intensity that Chicago showed for the majority of last round and what I'm seeing out of the Wiz this round.

The Celtics might not have stars up and down their roster, but they have constructed a line-up of at least decent shooters everywhere to spread the floor for IT... if the Wiz keep conceding so many open shots, don't be surprised if the C's keep hitting a good number of them.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never expect a good dfenesive effort from a Brook's team, but shit. At least try.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brooks throwing shade on 90's basketball. It's the playoffs. Physicality should be one of the main priorities. Dude still doesn't get it.

IT4 is a midget and he's going whatever he wants.