• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

247Sports 15 Toughest Schedules

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State would be ridiculed (and rightfully so) if they played an FCS cupcake late in the season. Why don't these teams that insist on playing FCS teams play lower caliber FBS team instead?

In most instances playing an FCS or bottom 1/4 of FBS isn't much difference. Plus, scheduling FCS teams is cheaper.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh ... playing tough games early can cause attrition, and put you behind the 8 ball early. Acting like have a pre-season while others are actually playing tough teams is disingenuous. And, again, your school and conference controls it ... they could do the same thing if they thought it was such an advantage.
Lol. Yeah. Ok. You obviously don't know what attrition means or just acting so you can try to make and scense of an argument .
And yeah USC could stop scheduleing Notre Dame and schedule North Texas especially when also playing Texas or Ohio State also that season but they don't because while they obviously want to win thats just a pussy way to do it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, but would take it one step further. Why play low caliber FBS teams instead of high caliber FBS teams? The crappy teams are also pretty much a guaranteed win as well.

I'm thinking later on in the season it might be more difficult to get two top tier teams to play. Not sure if the conference portion of the schedule would get in the way. The only exception is the N.D./USC rivalry that I can think of. When they play @ USC isn't that game laetr in the season? Too lazy to look anything if. If I'm wrong about that my bad.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most instances playing an FCS or bottom 1/4 of FBS isn't much difference. Plus, scheduling FCS teams is cheaper.

I doubt big time programs have to worry about money. This should be about eliminating all FCS oppenents from FBS schedules.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your basic math is wrong then, not everyone can play Oregon St, and Oregon St doesn't want to play everyone.
well i named more than 1 school and could have added a few more

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny, because those are the schools that have manned up with their OOC scheduling. Below are their OOC schedules for the next decade+. Look closely, the best teams actually schedule the best teams OOC. Some of us already play 2 P5 teams and will have 3 on our schedule in some years ... we have Texas, FSU and GaTech / Texas, Clemson, GaTech / Clemson, tOSU, GaTech / tOSU, Oklahoma, GaTech / in 4 of the next 10 years.

USC:
Bama
ND
ND
ND/BYU
ND
ND/OleMiss
ND/OleMiss

Pac 12 doesnt count BYU as P5

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt big time programs have to worry about money. This should be about eliminating all FCS oppenents from FBS schedules.

I don't understand that line of thinking? FCS programs need these games to fund their other sports. It's really a great benefit for all involved. It's cheaper for the FBS team to schedule them and the FCS teams desperately need the cash.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand that line of thinking? FCS programs need these games to fund their other sports. It's really a great benefit for all involved. It's cheaper for the FBS team to schedule them and the FCS teams desperately need the cash.

I don't like that way superior FBS beat up on inferior FCS teams. And for the teams that schedule these games at the end of the season, like one week before a rivalry game. I think it's BS. But if it has to be done play teams like that at the start of the season. Don't give a team what's basically a week off before they play a rival.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that way superior FBS beat up on inferior FCS teams. And for the teams that schedule these games at the end of the season, like one week before a rivalry game. I think it's BS. But if it has to be done play teams like that at the start of the season. Don't give a team what's basically a week off before they play a rival.
in most cases, both teams in the rivalry schedule this way. So who’s at the disadvantage?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make scence if football wasn't a game of attrition. Acting like a freebe two weeks before the season ends isnt a huge advantage is disingenuous.

What exactly is stopping the Pac from Doing this? Shit, I wish the B12 would do this. It’s one thing to not play an FCS and complain about others that do. It’s a completely different thing to complain when it’s played. Like the 8 game conference schedule the SEC is smart and playing this thing to their advantage. Kudos

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Yeah. Ok. You obviously don't know what attrition means or just acting so you can try to make and scense of an argument .
And yeah USC could stop scheduleing Notre Dame and schedule North Texas especially when also playing Texas or Ohio State also that season but they don't because while they obviously want to win thats just a pussy way to do it.
I know what attrition means ... but it doesn't make "scense" in your argument and my response. You believe that having an easy win toward the end, when attrition over the season has worn down your team is an advantage. I am countering that having a harder schedule earlier subjects you to injuries, and will begin the attrition process faster, and perhaps put you behind the 8 ball with a loss. In other words, it's a push. Having an easier schedule early, or a bye week toward the end, both provide advantages. Pick which one you want, but don't whine that someone else is doing one when you are doing the other.

Look at my post above. Don't act like you have this tough schedule and no one else does. You play in the weakest conference, and the top teams all play touch OOC.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, take the one reference to BYU out. Point still stands ... the best college teams have scheduled the toughest OOC schedules.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in most cases, both teams in the rivalry schedule this way. So who’s at the disadvantage?

I'm just not a fan of it. Like I said I don't like seeing FBS teams beat up on smaller FCS teams.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this decade, PAC 12 will be playing BYU something like 30 times, with five times in a season. Which is the same as Notre Dame and the ACC.

2021, BYU first three games are PAC 12, then they play Wash State and USC

2021 BYU Football Schedule - FBSchedules.com

2022, BYU plays Oregon and Stanford

2023 Byu plays USC

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this decade, PAC 12 will be playing BYU something like 30 times, with five times in a season. Which is the same as Notre Dame and the ACC.

2023 Byu plays USC

ND is playing 50 games against the ACC in the next decade. Not 30.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2023 Byu plays USC
that doesnt change the fact that the Pac 12 doesnt include them as P5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is stopping the Pac from Doing this? Shit, I wish the B12 would do this. It’s one thing to not play an FCS and complain about others that do. It’s a completely different thing to complain when it’s played. Like the 8 game conference schedule the SEC is smart and playing this thing to their advantage. Kudos
I dont know. Pride maybe. Who in the hell wants to see their team play some no name school. At the end of tbe season and pay for it. I actually go to games and I wouldn't want to see that shit.
I'm sure there's a lot of things conferences could do to help teams get better records. Like if somehow USC never played Oregon and Washington for 5 or 6 years or the other way around. But that's bullshit pussy scheduling. I'd rather lose a few games playing a decent schedule then go for that crap

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2023 Byu plays USC
So, by his own admission, they play more than 30 non-P5 teams. Ouch, the burn.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. Pride maybe. Who in the hell wants to see their team play some no name school. At the end of tbe season and pay for it. I actually go to games and I wouldn't want to see that shit.
I'm sure there's a lot of things conferences could do to help teams get better records. Like if somehow USC never played Oregon and Washington for 5 or 6 years or the other way around. But that's bullshit pussy scheduling. I'd rather lose a few games playing a decent schedule then go for that crap
So, you like going to see the following play:

New Mexico
San Jose State
Fresno State (many times)
Rice
Nevada (multiple times)
Hawaii
Arkansas State
Utah State
Western Michigan

Because that's the "no name" teams you've played or will play OOC.

And, our pussy scheduling, as you put it, still ends up with most of our teams having the toughest SOS, which is what the thread addresses.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again I’m not criticizing you if you are complaining about people playing them. But complaining about when people play them Regardless of if you are a season ticket holder or not is BS. I hate that WVU plays any FCS team but I’m sure as shit not going to complain about the SEC playing them in November while my team plays them in September.