• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

247Sports 15 Toughest Schedules

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. But I wasn't referencing just the week before a big game but looking more at stretches of games.

Looks like Bama and Auburn screwed the pooch this year the week prior to the Iron Bowl. Bama plays A&M and Auburn plays LSU. Auburn must have really pissed off the SEC offices...unless they don't think A&M or LSU will be good this year!

Again, while LSU does get a bye week prior to Bama, they still finish with a very difficult four game STRETCH.
I hear what you are saying but I'm not sure what the conference can do to fix that. I bet we can find in each conference where someone has a tougher stretch than a division rival

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the SEC play the least amount of regular season P5 opponents on average year in and year out?

Because we play the hardest conference schedule and have for more than a decade.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we play the hardest conference schedule and have for more than a decade.
Is that what they tell you sheep. How about this .. the SEC refuses to play their own conference members because they lack testicles.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've said is I don't like it when FBS teams play FCS teams. Why is that so difficult to comprehend/understand? I haven't called out any teams. I haven't called out any schedules. And I haven't called conference affiliation.

This has nothing to do with Ohio State. You and rolltide94 want to make this about Ohio State/the conference for some bizarre reason. And are ignoring what I've said from the start. Read the first sentence again.

Well, I'm an Alabama fan and your an OSU fan, it would seem fairly natural to make the argument about those teams. I personally don't care if Alabama plays an FCS opponent. I find it levels the playing field by a minor degree for teams that have a plethora of shitty teams in their conference. Alabama's average Sagarin SOS rank for the last decade is 16th...there are 65 P5 teams. When the day comes that our SOS rank slips into the 40's for a few years, I will start to give a shit. but I find it difficult to care when we have an SOS rank that is typically better than almost 50 P5 teams, despite playing an FCS opponent.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what they tell you sheep. How about this .. the SEC refuses to play their own conference members because they lack testicles.

LOL, how about your conference sucks, and it's getting worse, which is why you manage to go 1-4 on average vs ranked opponents for the last 4 years.

It takes very little balls to play your own conference mates when you play in the Pac-12, because everyone sucks...EVERYONE.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, how about your conference sucks, and it's getting worse, which is why you manage to go 1-4 on average vs ranked opponents for the last 4 years.

It takes very little balls to play your own conference mates when you play in the Pac-12, because everyone sucks...EVERYONE.
Why do southerners hate college football tradition such as playing their own conference members?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do southerners hate college football tradition such as playing their own conference members?

Why do Washingtonians hate winning so much that they haven't beaten a ranked OOC regular season opponent in almost 19 years. I mean, you have the talent based on the NFL draft, you have the money and the facilities, you HAD the coach...is it apathy? Or is losing just so ingrained at this point you guys are unaware how to turn the corner?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Washingtonians hate winning so much that they haven't beaten a ranked OOC regular season opponent in almost 19 years. I mean, you have the talent based on the NFL draft, you have the money and the facilities, you HAD the coach...is it apathy? Or is losing just so ingrained at this point you guys are unaware how to turn the corner?
Unlike those chickenshit southern teams that hate college football tradition, the west coast teams actually play their own conference members.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike those chickenshit southern teams that hate college football tradition, the west coast teams actually play their own conference members.

Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't win any fucking games.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't win any fucking games.
What kind of conference refuses to play their own conference members .. a fake ass pseudo conference who hates college football.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of conference refuses to play their own conference members .. a fake ass pseudo conference who hates college football.

We all play 8 SEC teams a year...what kind of team are such pussies that they are the only Pac-12 team that doesn't have an SEC team on their future schedule...candy-assed Washington, that's who. Can you blame them, when you haven't beat a ranked OOC team in 19 years, you wouldn't want to play an SEC team.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all play 8 SEC teams a year...what kind of team are such pussies that they are the only Pac-12 team that doesn't have an SEC team on their future schedule...candy-assed Washington, that's who. Can you blame them, when you haven't beat a ranked OOC team in 19 years, you wouldn't want to play an SEC team.
SEC sets 12-year non-division rotation

:dhd:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are saying but I'm not sure what the conference can do to fix that. I bet we can find in each conference where someone has a tougher stretch than a division rival
No doubt we can find them in every conference. Even in one like the Big 12 where teams don't get to dodge anyone (weak or strong), the grind still isn't the same because of OOC quality, placement, the order a team plays conference opponents and the timing of when a team plays them. Some teams catch others on an upswing and some when injuries have riddled the common opponent. No way to account for some of them.

The discussion was around playing FCS teams early or late in the schedule. I was saying the use of cupcakes and/or bye weeks to break up difficult stretches is a bigger factor IMO...but I'm not a fan of them once conference play starts either. If a team is able to use those cupcakes/byes to break up brutal stretches, it is definitely an advantage. Again, that is JMO. A weak conference opponent can also serve to break up a difficult stretch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious why you don't like FBS teams scheduling FCS teams? I don't ever think I saw your reasoning.

I've explained why I don't like FBS teams playing FCS team countless times. But I'll explain for the 100th time. I just don't like those bigger programs beating up on far inferior teams from a smaller division.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm an Alabama fan and your an OSU fan, it would seem fairly natural to make the argument about those teams. I personally don't care if Alabama plays an FCS opponent. I find it levels the playing field by a minor degree for teams that have a plethora of shitty teams in their conference. Alabama's average Sagarin SOS rank for the last decade is 16th...there are 65 P5 teams. When the day comes that our SOS rank slips into the 40's for a few years, I will start to give a shit. but I find it difficult to care when we have an SOS rank that is typically better than almost 50 P5 teams, despite playing an FCS opponent.

I stopped reading after the first sentence because like I said yesterday I haven't singled out any team or any conference.

I didn't even mention Bama & you went on the defensive. Why mention Ohio State when I wasn't taking any shots at your team or your conference?

How many more times do I have to say that I don't like it when any FBS teams play FCS teams? What do you not understand about that?

For some bizarre reason you want to make this is about Ohio State and Bama. Which is just absurd.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after the first sentence because like I said yesterday I haven't singled out any team or any conference.

I didn't even mention Bama & you went on the defensive. Why mention Ohio State when I wasn't taking any shots at your team or your conference?

How many more times do I have to say that I don't like it when any FBS teams play FCS teams? What do you not understand about that?

For some bizarre reason you want to make this is about Ohio State and Bama. Which is just absurd.

I stopped reading after you wrote I stopped reading, because anything after that was just bullshit.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after you wrote I stopped reading, because anything after that was just bullshit.

Well that's original. The only one that's full of shit is you. No surprise. How dumb are you? I didn't take any shots at your team or your conference. And I haven't singled out any teams.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained why I don't like FBS teams playing FCS team countless times. But I'll explain for the 100th time. I just don't like those bigger programs beating up on far inferior teams from a smaller division.

Funny, but I don't ever remember Alabama beating an FCS team 73-14...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, but I don't ever remember Alabama beating an FCS team 73-14...

Your reading comprehension sucks. You're the only one trying to turn this into an Ohio State/Bama thing.

Since Saban got to Tuscaloosa his Tide are the best program in the country. There's no disputing that. Now tell me again how I'm trying to take shots at your team. There's something wrong with you. Get your head checked.