• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

247Sports 15 Toughest Schedules

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed his first sentence. PAC has one extra conference game, yet 1 is more than 0.8. Why isn't it over 10?

When is your annual thread by the way? Did I miss it?

Annual? Bitch boy has gone to a weekly format.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that some fans of teams that play FCS opponents don't have an issue with it. It's a topic that won't be agreed upon. But at the very least get those games outta the way early in the season. Playing one of them late in the season is nothing more than a scrimmage before a big game the following week.
Agree. See my post about "grinds" and "stretches". Strategically placing byes and cupcakes provides advantages to some teams and not others. Very similar to crossover schedules. That shit ain't even close to equal sometimes.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that some fans of teams that play FCS opponents don't have an issue with it. It's a topic that won't be agreed upon. But at the very least get those games outta the way early in the season. Playing one of them late in the season is nothing more than a scrimmage before a big game the following week.

Who has a tougher November?

ALABAMA

LSU
UT Martin
Texas A&M
Auburn

OHIO STATE

Indiana
Illinois
Maryland
Michigan

LOL, is it even comparable?

September?

Bowling Green, Oregon, Buffalo, Rutgers or USC, Georgia State, Georgia, Kent State

Looks like a lot of cream to go around.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ALABAMA

LSU
UT Martin
Texas A&M
Auburn

OHIO STATE

Indiana
Illinois
Maryland
Michigan

September?

Bowling Green, Oregon, Buffalo, Rutgers or USC, Georgia State, Georgia, Kent State

The thing is I wasn't comapring schedules. And it's always fans of teams that play FCS teams that go on the defensive and have excuses. I haven't singled out Bama. I feel this way about all FBS teams that play FCS teams.

If Ohio State played an FCS team the week before the meeeechegan game I'd be disappointed. And spare me the conference schedule crap, heard it before. Conference schedule is predetermined. Playing an FCS team late in the season is hand picked.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ALABAMA

LSU
UT Martin
Texas A&M
Auburn

OHIO STATE

Indiana
Illinois
Maryland
Michigan

September?

You're wasting your time with @Wamu .

You could line up UMass, Akron, UTEP and ODU and he would think that's a harder set of games than playing North Dakota State, JMU, Montana and Montana State.

Also Bama's stretch is harder. Anybody with a brain can see it. Agree with you there.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I wasn't comapring schedules. And it's always fans of teams that play FCS teams that go on the defensive and have excuses. I haven't singled out Bama. I feel this way about all FBS teams that play FCS teams.

If Ohio State played an FCS team the week before the meeeechegan game I'd be disappointed. And spare me the conference schedule crap, heard it before. Conference schedule is predetermined. Playing an FCS team late in the season is hand picked.

It's always fans of teams with weak candy ass conference schedules that go after teams playing FCS teams.

Your last 3 Novembers have included two 2-10 BIG teams who suck at an FCS level and a mediocre Iowa team that clubbed you like a baby seal.

If I had to play in a conference where I had to defend my conference schedule because it was predetermined that I was going to play shit teams in November I would be disappointed. Shit, I get happy when we don't have to play 3 ranked opponents in November.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always fans of teams with weak candy ass conference schedules that go after teams playing FCS teams.

Your last 3 Novembers have included two 2-10 BIG teams who suck at an FCS level and a mediocre Iowa team that clubbed you like a baby seal.

If I had to play in a conference where I had to defend my conference schedule because it was predetermined that I was going to play shit teams in November I would be disappointed. Shit, I get happy when we don't have to play 3 ranked opponents in November.

So you're trying to compare the conference portion of a schedule to a hand picked late season FCS team. That's insane.

No team in the country determines their own conference opponents. But a team can hand pick out of conference opponents.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly recommended that you start with the following:
book-cover-level-b__03950.1559168880.1280.1280.gif

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team in the country determines their own conference opponents. But a team can hand pick out of conference opponents.
Conference affiliations are mandatory now? And the schools get no votes? Weird.

Welp, I guess Ohio State is stuck with a below average OOC schedule until 2025. Too bad.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference affiliations are mandatory now? And the schools get no votes? Weird.

Welp, I guess Ohio State is stuck with a below average OOC schedule until 2025. Too bad.

All I've said is I don't like it when FBS teams play FCS teams. Why is that so difficult to comprehend/understand? I haven't called out any teams. I haven't called out any schedules. And I haven't called conference affiliation.

This has nothing to do with Ohio State. You and rolltide94 want to make this about Ohio State/the conference for some bizarre reason. And are ignoring what I've said from the start. Read the first sentence again.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've said is I don't like it when FBS teams play FCS teams. Why is that so difficult to comprehend/understand? I haven't called out any teams. I haven't called out any schedules. And I haven't called conference affiliation.

This has nothing to do with Ohio State. You and rolltide94 want to make this about Ohio State/the conference for some bizarre reason. And are ignoring what I've said from the start. Read the first sentence again.
I didn't read what you wrote earlier. I just wanted to pick a fight. :D

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the "grind" or "stretches" of tough games are the issue. Those can be very inconsistent within conferences...again IMO. Where the byes/cupcakes are placed in stretches is more of a factor than if they are played early or late in the season. In looking at schedules of all conferences teams at the same time, it sure looks like some teams have tougher/longer stretches without a break than others.

Examples: Ole Miss has a three week stretch of Auburn, LSU and Bama back to back to back. LSU finishes the year Alabama, South Carolina, Auburn and Texas A&M. Can't find another SEC that has that kind of "grind" without either a bye week or a cupcake sandwiched in there somewhere.
With the way some teams have tougher cross-divison games than others and having multiple tough opponents in one division, some teams will just get the short end of the stick. I think for the SEC they try to give each team at-least 1 big game to have a bye/cupcake before hand. For most of the big rivalries they give both teams off the previous week and division deciding games like FL/GA (byes) and Bama/LSU are pretty even as far as who they play the week before.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way some teams have tougher cross-divison games than others and having multiple tough opponents in one division, some teams will just get the short end of the stick. I think for the SEC they try to give each team at-least 1 big game to have a bye/cupcake before hand. For most of the big rivalries they give both teams off the previous week and division deciding games like FL/GA (byes) and Bama/LSU are pretty even as far as who they play the week before.
I understand that. But I wasn't referencing just the week before a big game but looking more at stretches of games.

Looks like Bama and Auburn screwed the pooch this year the week prior to the Iron Bowl. Bama plays A&M and Auburn plays LSU. Auburn must have really pissed off the SEC offices...unless they don't think A&M or LSU will be good this year!

Again, while LSU does get a bye week prior to Bama, they still finish with a very difficult four game STRETCH.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curious why you don't like FBS teams scheduling FCS teams? I don't ever think I saw your reasoning.