• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

24 Minute NBA Draft Chat

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still up for risking it in the play in the round for an extra first rounder.

But Im not up for playing a team that has two, or in UK's case 3, Of the Top Four Picks, when I have my normal lineup.

If there's an unfair advantage Id rather have it. Or have nobody have it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it fair to make the teams that didn't get a chance at MJ or Magic play a first round game? Trade ou spot after the draft doesn't work...

Like I said, you can play TLF instead of me, win and you get one of his guys. Smitty can ask TLF to switch, and y'all can play each other. With all the teams within 10 points, I will take my chances in round two.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'd be short of volunteers for this play in round if you get an extra player. One of the two winners would win this thing, no doubt in my mind.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, you can play TLF instead of me, win and you get one of his guys. Smitty can ask TLF to switch, and y'all can play each other. With all the teams within 10 points, I will take my chances in round two.

Im takin yer spot man.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I was trying to say, you can trade out of your spot if you switch first round picks with the person your changing spots with otherwise why would anyone change??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still up for risking it in the play in the round for an extra first rounder.

But Im not up for playing a team that has two, or in UK's case 3, Of the Top Four Picks, when I have my normal lineup.

If there's an unfair advantage Id rather have it. Or have nobody have it.

Ha, come on now, you're the one that traded me with me so I could pick up Wilt. And he didn't go at #2, he went at what, 5 or 6? And I have up 3 high picks to trade up. AND, Magic doesn't play for TLF, so I couldn't add him, even if I won. Nos can have my spot, I bet Smitty will have no trouble trading up too

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See in ya in the morning...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It simply comes down to the reason the top 4 teams are playing a play in game is because they got the advantage of picking early, I cant for the life me understand how it would be fair for those teams to get to add another top 4 pick before having to play the other teams.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I was trying to say, you can trade out of your spot if you switch first round picks with the person your changing spots with otherwise why would anyone change??

I'll do that if from now on, the person with the 1st pick gets the 1st pick in every round. As I said, I will take the 10 hole in every draft we play, gladly, to get 2 top 11 picks. That evens it out

Its an advantage to get a bye. It's an advantage to add a player. But at least you earn it
I say we ask WLK , Shane and TLF if they'd trade a first round game for a bye. I bet y'all both get to play:suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, come on now, you're the one that traded me with me so I could pick up Wilt. And he didn't go at #2, he went at what, 5 or 6? And I have up 3 high picks to trade up. AND, Magic doesn't play for TLF, so I couldn't add him, even if I won. Nos can have my spot, I bet Smitty will have no trouble trading up too

Take yourself out of the position of what you get out of this situation.

Do you really think its fair for a team with someone else's first rounder tacked on to face another team?

I had no problem with our deal. It was mutually beneficial, as all deals should be. It was fair. The play in with winners getting a bonus guy is not fair. It's a clear advantage.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime you get to add a player it's an advantage... It's a catch 22, if you get the bye you feel like your opponent gets an advantage but if you lose, you feel like the it's unfair for the bye team... I'd say to eliminate the add player because it's going to be a problem... I do however agree that picking 10th is not as bad as it would appear, you just have no room to mess up...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, here's a compromise. Y'all are worried about pairing all time greats like MJ and Magic...

In the 1st round, you can add/drop, but not the other teams 1st round pick....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused

HaHa, I'd imagine. Basically, to get down to an 8 team quarterfinal, the first 4 teams that picked have to play a wildcard game, the 2 winners join the 6 byes in the final 8

Before the mock started, we said after every round, the winning team could add/drop one player from the team they defeated

Nos and Smitty feel we shouldn't start the add/drop till round 2, since the two winners would have an advantage of adding someone's first pick

I feel playing an extra round is a disadvantage, and the add is fair in the wildcard round

I propose that in the wildcard round, the add can't be the losing teams 1st round pick

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa, I'd imagine. Basically, to get down to an 8 team quarterfinal, the first 4 teams that picked have to play a wildcard game, the 2 winners join the 6 byes in the final 8

Before the mock started, we said after every round, the winning team could add/drop one player from the team they defeated

Nos and Smitty feel we shouldn't start the add/drop till round 2, since the two winners would have an advantage of adding someone's first pick

I feel playing an extra round is a disadvantage, and the add is fair in the wildcard round

I propose that in the wildcard round, the add can't be the losing teams 1st round pick

Your points are valid in that it was the rule... Also don't like that I'd have to face Shane first to get the add because Shane is solid... I feel that compromise is pretty fair, but only if I win...:whistle:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I need to rank these teams (each player) and send to whom in a PM?

HOF = 10
Best of the best = 12

Sorry I have been busy and now back at work

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I need to rank these teams (each player) and send to whom in a PM?

HOF = 10
Best of the best = 12

Sorry I have been busy and now back at work

PM goes to Nos. How you decide to rank them is up to you, I went 12 for best ever, 11 for top 3 ever, 10 for top 10 ever, etc

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who could we add/drop then?