• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$21 million was not enough with his deadline approaching

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's stop being so melodramatic. First I'm not here to ONLY attack Hawk fans. Stop being so angry for a minute. I already mentioned my first post was about the contract. I also admitted I shouldn't have gotten involved with the SB smack talk. But hey that wouldn't fit your story you like to write would it?
Naturally with the ball on the one yard line the Pats were LUCKY to escape with that victory. Seattle's luck ran out at the wrong time. The Kearse circus catch was LUCK. Otherwise the interception probably never happens.
I'm sorry it sounds like whining to me. Both teams were injured. The Pats had three players have off season shoulder surgery; Vollmer, Wendell and oh the guy who made the game saving tackle on the Beast, Hightower. Jones had calf surgery. The Pats played almost the entire season without their starting MLB and RB.
I'm sure I won't change your view of who was the better team, who controlled the ball, who got lucky, who's injuries were worse... Nor will you change mine.
Back on topic. I believe RW will sign with the Hawks. But it will hurt the teams future unless they have excellent drafts. Because it's either the tag which hurts the cap or what I "think" is what's holding up tge deal. RW wants it front loaded. With the cap you can't pay everyone.
Have a great night.
Right, I'm making up stories about you being here to talk smack... but you admit you shouldn't have talked smack. :L Which is it?
I said you wouldn't agree with my sense of reason and all you did was prove that right. I can take my homer hat off and you can't. That's ok. It's more common that people don't/can't. Just makes you normal.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I'm making up stories about you being here to talk smack... but you admit you shouldn't have talked smack. :L Which is it?
I said you wouldn't agree with my sense of reason and all you did was prove that right. I can take my homer hat off and you can't. That's ok. It's more common that people don't/can't. Just makes you normal.
You seem intelligent enough. Why do you continue to twist things? From the ONLY reason I'm here. Which way is it? I did admit I shouldn't have jumped into the SB debate going on. I then try to get it back on track and here you come again. The topic is RWs contract if you wish to continue debating. We've already determined we won't change each others perception. Seriously are you always this angry? :hug:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you always project things you can't possibly know as fact? Such as what my views of the GB game were (before I shared that) and what my actual state of mind currently is (entirely impossible to know just from text on a screen).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An additional 7 minutes of possesion does that equate to control? I don't think it's that important. It's just another stat of how the game went. Especially when you take into account which team is a running team. Or maybe you're just lumping ALL us Pats fans as one?

I was responding to you.

I though the game was a great game from a pure football perspective. The ending sucked for me but was still a great football game.

Had we won I certainly wouldn't have argued that it was some sort of dominant performance by the Hawks. Both teams were well matched and played a great game. I get some folks love to troll but objectively it was a close game that could have gone either way.

Super Bowl 48 is different matter entirely.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to you.

I though the game was a great game from a pure football perspective. The ending sucked for me but was still a great football game.

Had we won I certainly wouldn't have argued that it was some sort of dominant performance by the Hawks. Both teams were well matched and played a great game. I get some folks love to troll but objectively it was a close game that could have gone either way.

Super Bowl 48 is different matter entirely.
I realized you were talking to me. But you referred to ALL Pat Fans.
A great game in deed. I'm hoping for a SB 50 rematch.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the only info that has come out. I explained in my previous post that the Seahawks have offered 4/$84 mil & that that really isn't $21 mil per year like they would like you to believe when factoring in 2015 into the equation. In essence, if the reports are true, they are really only offering $17 mil a season.
In essence, they are offering $21M per as a reward for his outstanding play. They will steer millions of those dollars towards his 2015 wage if RW desires that.
He is under contract for $1.5M this year because he was a 3rd round pick. Feel free to look up the contracts approved by Kam, ET, Sherm, and KJ Wright.
All of those contracts were awards for playing above the level of their rookie contracts.
So no, Seattle is not offering $17M per. RW must fulfill his rookie contract and his reward is whatever guarantees his new contract spells out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for RW, I just don't get what he is trying to do here. If he doesn't sign this week, then he is essentially giving up 10-15 million in unrealized wages. If we assume a 4 year deal, that is a lot of cash he has to make up next year.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK maybe you watched a different game. The Pats had 227 of their 397 yards in the first half. I didn't look up the exact time Avril went out but I'm sure it wasn't the first play of the 3rd. I seem to remeber it was about half way thru? So actually the vast majority of yards came while Avril was still in the game. The Pats did have about 130 yards in that incredible 4th qtr. Give some credit where credit is due. Unlike the Pats being able to switch Browner to cover Matthews, Seattle just doesn't /didn't have the depth to overcome injuries.

I get it. So the good things, which is the passing yards apparently, is what count. The turnovers, which the Seahawks basically build their defense round, don't. Makes sense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. So the good things, which is the passing yards apparently, is what count. The turnovers, which the Seahawks basically build their defense round, don't. Makes sense.
Not neccessarily. But I feel the turnovers merely kept the Hawks in the game. Hawks got an int in the 1st. Another in the 3rd. Was Avril still in the game at that point? I already mentioned the Hawks were the top D in the league in many categories. Props to them. Brady threw 4 TDs and gets little respect. 2 on long drives in the 4th. Not to mention the first pick came on an 8 minute 80 yard drive.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not neccessarily. But I feel the turnovers merely kept the Hawks in the game. Hawks got an int in the 1st. Another in the 3rd. Was Avril still in the game at that point? I already mentioned the Hawks were the top D in the league in many categories. Props to them. Brady threw 4 TDs and gets little respect. 2 on long drives in the 4th. Not to mention the first pick came on an 8 minute 80 yard drive.

Kept them in the game? They were up by 10 in the 4th quarter. And the reason Brady doesn't get respect is because he's a raging douchebag and a cheat on top of it. People don't like him because he's unlikable.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for RW, I just don't get what he is trying to do here. If he doesn't sign this week, then he is essentially giving up 10-15 million in unrealized wages. If we assume a 4 year deal, that is a lot of cash he has to make up next year.

Which is what I have been saying the entire time.

I called it earlier in this thread, but reposting. I say the deal gets announced tomorrow.

Hawks camp starts Friday. The deal leaks earlier in the day tomorrow (thurs), and they have a Presser to announce at around 3pm pst....... .

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW and his agent are morons if they don't take the deal. The Hawks will just franchize him next year and he will be out millions for this year. And he is one good hit away from being RG3'd

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kept them in the game? They were up by 10 in the 4th quarter. And the reason Brady doesn't get respect is because he's a raging douchebag and a cheat on top of it. People don't like him because he's unlikable.
Yes keep them in the game. Without those two picks the Pats at a minimum put up an additional 6 points. They were well within FG range for at least the first pick. It also kept them in the game because until around the 20 min mark RW hadn't completed a pass. Three punts on the first three drives. Seattle drew even at the end of the half. Seattle had a better 3rd qtr. Pats had a better 4th. Sorry that to me says the picks kept them in the game not only did the Pats not score, it gave RW two additional possessions.

So is it a fair to compare Brady to Sherman for their unlikeability?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the better team lost due to injuries and a bad play call. We sure do all know what happened.

This sounds exactly like the game the Seahawks had the week before this one being talked about

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW and his agent are morons if they don't take the deal. The Hawks will just franchize him next year and he will be out millions for this year. And he is one good hit away from being RG3'd
The tag sounds great but it's fully guarenteed. So injury plays into it as well. The cap is also greatly effected by it. Imagine if they tagged him for say 21 million and he got hurt? You can't replace that talent (or anything close)even if someone was available because you no longer have the cap space.

As a scrambling QB he's smart to fight for a front loaded deal for two reasons; First injury like we already mentioned he gets whatever he was guarenteed. Second teams always back load the deal then pull out of them or make the player restructure.

Do I think any sports player is worth 21 million? NO not even Tom Brady:-) But, in RWs case I think he's doing the right thing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds exactly like the game the Seahawks had the week before this one being talked about
Not exactly. It wasn't injuries that killed that game for GB. There were a whole set of near miracle plays by Seattle down that last couple of minutes, any one of which if prevented by GB would have been game over. That on sides kick was the nail in that coffin and how many times out of 100 would that play go Seattle's way? One? Two? maybe.

That was a total melt down. There's a reason why MM is no longer calling your plays. That conservative shit killed them dead. The prevent defense prevented the win. The gaffs and blunders ended the season.

GB very much lost that game far more than Seattle won it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true of any QB. Maybe no QB's ever should negotiate for what they want?

Not sure I would completely agree with this. Part of RGIII's issue is that the blow to his leg took away his greatest weapon in his threat to run. Teams don't have to respect that part of his game as much because of the loss of speed and quickness. Now just look at Brady in he suffered a leg injury back in 2008 but obviously that hasn't hurt his ability to play QB because his legs are not a huge part of his game other than for throwing. So while I agree that any QB heck any player is one hit away from having their career ended there are some players that have more types of hits that can end their career prematurely than others.

As for this thread I haven't read all 9 pages but I would guess somebody has brought up that really the $21 million a year part of the contract really means jack squat. Why do people continue to only care about the yearly average when in the long run most players don't even see that number because the last 2 or so years of the deal have been inflated and are non-existent. True Guaranteed money is what matters in these deals. The bigger the percentage of the contract is guaranteed the better it is for the player to have long-term protection. So while yes he hasn't accepted a deal that pays him annually $21 million that shouldn't have people all up in arms. Until we know what kind of guaranteed money they are offering then we can't really know what this deal is actually worth.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly. It wasn't injuries that killed that game for GB. There were a whole set of near miracle plays by Seattle down that last couple of minutes, any one of which if prevented by GB would have been game over. That on sides kick was the nail in that coffin and how many times out of 100 would that play go Seattle's way? One? Two? maybe.

That was a total melt down. There's a reason why MM is no longer calling your plays. That conservative shit killed them dead. The prevent defense prevented the win. The gaffs and blunders ended the season.

GB very much lost that game far more than Seattle won it.

Well Rodgers was limping around the whole game to so there was some injuries. But I appreciate your thoughts as not many Seattle fans seem to feel the same way from what I have seen.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rodgers was limping around the whole game to so there was some injuries. But I appreciate your thoughts as not many Seattle fans seem to feel the same way from what I have seen.
:pizza::martini::pop2: