• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$21 million was not enough with his deadline approaching

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would completely agree with this. Part of RGIII's issue is that the blow to his leg took away his greatest weapon in his threat to run. Teams don't have to respect that part of his game as much because of the loss of speed and quickness. Now just look at Brady in he suffered a leg injury back in 2008 but obviously that hasn't hurt his ability to play QB because his legs are not a huge part of his game other than for throwing. So while I agree that any QB heck any player is one hit away from having their career ended there are some players that have more types of hits that can end their career prematurely than others.

As for this thread I haven't read all 9 pages but I would guess somebody has brought up that really the $21 million a year part of the contract really means jack squat. Why do people continue to only care about the yearly average when in the long run most players don't even see that number because the last 2 or so years of the deal have been inflated and are non-existent. True Guaranteed money is what matters in these deals. The bigger the percentage of the contract is guaranteed the better it is for the player to have long-term protection. So while yes he hasn't accepted a deal that pays him annually $21 million that shouldn't have people all up in arms. Until we know what kind of guaranteed money they are offering then we can't really know what this deal is actually worth.

The hit was to his leg. The way the hit affected him though was to his head (confidence).

I don't see that as being an issue for Wilson. The mental part of his game is strong.

The rest of the post, bravo.

I read a bit the other day that pointed out that the Hawks are still shy of what the Panthers guaranteed for Superman, so when they bring that up (thurs or friday) then the deal will get done. imo

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit was to his leg. The way the hit affected him though was to his head (confidence).

I don't see that as being an issue for Wilson. The mental part of his game is strong.

The rest of the post, bravo.

I read a bit the other day that pointed out that the Hawks are still shy of what the Panthers guaranteed for Superman, so when they bring that up (thurs or friday) then the deal will get done. imo

I somewhat agree in yes it mentally affected him but there is also the physical side in he just doesn't have the speed or more importantly his quickness that he had preinjury. While I do expect Wilson would handle that type of injury better than RG3 I do think it would still affect his game physically for a while. Also would depend on the type of injury to the leg. If it is achilles then I would bet he loses some of his speed and ability to escape. If it is his ACL or MCL then I don't doubt that he would come back just fine.

As for the guaranteed money if it is below what Superman got then yeah there is no way he should accept that type of deal. He has done so much more in his short time in the league and is definitely deserving of more guaranteed. Plus throw in just speaking of injuries Newton has already shown his body physically has broken down some with already having to have some surgeries. Wilson to my knowledge has had none of that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree in yes it mentally affected him but there is also the physical side in he just doesn't have the speed or more importantly his quickness that he had preinjury. While I do expect Wilson would handle that type of injury better than RG3 I do think it would still affect his game physically for a while. Also would depend on the type of injury to the leg. If it is achilles then I would bet he loses some of his speed and ability to escape. If it is his ACL or MCL then I don't doubt that he would come back just fine.

As for the guaranteed money if it is below what Superman got then yeah there is no way he should accept that type of deal. He has done so much more in his short time in the league and is definitely deserving of more guaranteed. Plus throw in just speaking of injuries Newton has already shown his body physically has broken down some with already having to have some surgeries. Wilson to my knowledge has had none of that.

The problem is that Newtons deal screwed up the QB market, similar to what Megatrons deal did with WRs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that Newtons deal screwed up the QB market, similar to what Megatrons deal did with WRs.

How so? I guess I am not seeing what you are seeing. At this time he is the 3rd highest paid QB on a yearly basis and 4th in guaranteed money. Not seeing how this one broke the market. Megatrons on the other hand nearly doubled the guaranteed money of the 2nd highest paid WR and jumped the market by about $5 million a year.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new CBA made it all but impossible to hold out. The fines that are handed out are huge. Kam has 3 years left on his deal....he was the first guy extended... i guess its a damned if you do or damne if you dont for the hawks.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read a report that said the problem is the upfront money, and according to that report , it said that Seattle is offering below the now norm 20mil for a franchise QB....
I guess to guys like me, it don't seem like a big enough difference to stop the train over because becoming an multimillionaire over nite would work for me.....
But I at least see his gripe if this is correct...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes keep them in the game. Without those two picks the Pats at a minimum put up an additional 6 points. They were well within FG range for at least the first pick. It also kept them in the game because until around the 20 min mark RW hadn't completed a pass. Three punts on the first three drives. Seattle drew even at the end of the half. Seattle had a better 3rd qtr. Pats had a better 4th. Sorry that to me says the picks kept them in the game not only did the Pats not score, it gave RW two additional possessions.

So is it a fair to compare Brady to Sherman for their unlikeability?

Whatever dude. I could just as easily say that Brady got lucky throwing the 2 TD's against the best passing defense in the NFL. They picked him twice because that's what they do. If you go into a game planning on throwing the ball 40+ times against them then they're going to get theirs, which is what happened. They were up by 10 in the 4th. It didn't keep them in the game. It should have won them the game. But it didn't.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude. I could just as easily say that Brady got lucky throwing the 2 TD's against the best passing defense in the NFL. They picked him twice because that's what they do. If you go into a game planning on throwing the ball 40+ times against them then they're going to get theirs, which is what happened. They were up by 10 in the 4th. It didn't keep them in the game. It should have won them the game. But it didn't.
Or maybe the Pats had mismatches they were taking advantage of. Why not throw it all over the place? I've said numerous times the D was top notch. But still had no answer for Gronk and Edelman. Maybe just maybe that was the best O that Seattle faced? Pats fans know all about being up in the last minutes of SBs just to lose. 60 minutes.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe the Pats had mismatches they were taking advantage of. Why not throw it all over the place? I've said numerous times the D was top notch. But still had no answer for Gronk and Edelman. Maybe just maybe that was the best O that Seattle faced? Pats fans know all about being up in the last minutes of SBs just to lose. 60 minutes.

Yeah, because people were constantly being carted off on stretchers for an already banged up defense. And what does this have anything to do with the picks keeping the Seahawks in the game? You're talking like it's luck when there's 4 years of data that they're pretty good at getting to balls. The mismatch they worked on was against the guy who was like 3rd on the depth chart because everybody else was getting carted off.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because people were constantly being carted off on stretchers for an already banged up defense. And what does this have anything to do with the picks keeping the Seahawks in the game? You're talking like it's luck when there's 4 years of data that they're pretty good at getting to balls. The mismatch they worked on was against the guy who was like 3rd on the depth chart because everybody else was getting carted off.
Not sure how more ways I can explain it to you? Here the Seattle D is the most awesome D ever assembled. The entire D banged up and all should be put in the HOF today. Come on I've given them credit. Because they intercepted the ball twice and didn't let the Pats score that kept them in the game. Otherwise the Pats are up anywhere between 6 and 14 points.

Please stop with all the boo boo comments we're heard them ALL. Pats were beat up as well. They actually had more off season surgeries to their starters. The mismatches were there all game. Don't blame the Pats because Seattle wanted to over pay so many players and have little to no depth. Deal with it. It looks like it could get worse before it gets better now with Wilson, Wags, Bennet, Cam all complaining or waiting on new deals. Sorry you can't keep them all.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i was Seattle i'd offer 25 million 125 million over 5 years and say take it or leave it. I believe that deal would be more than fair AND make him the highest paid QB in the game. He just went to two straight Super Bowls winning one and was one play from winning two.

This deal sounds good to me. However, in this day and age players want more and more money, especially with the way owners are throwing away money

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how more ways I can explain it to you? Here the Seattle D is the most awesome D ever assembled. The entire D banged up and all should be put in the HOF today. Come on I've given them credit. Because they intercepted the ball twice and didn't let the Pats score that kept them in the game. Otherwise the Pats are up anywhere between 6 and 14 points.

Please stop with all the boo boo comments we're heard them ALL. Pats were beat up as well. They actually had more off season surgeries to their starters. The mismatches were there all game. Don't blame the Pats because Seattle wanted to over pay so many players and have little to no depth. Deal with it. It looks like it could get worse before it gets better now with Wilson, Wags, Bennet, Cam all complaining or waiting on new deals. Sorry you can't keep them all.

Stop with the hyperbole. You claimed that the int's "kept them in the game". They got picks because they forced them. They were up 10 late. Stay on point.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is @NWPATSFAN STILL carrying on about the SB in this thread? :L :tsk:

Damn dude. We get it. Your team won the SB. Congrats. Go pound sand somewhere about it because this thread isn't about that ffs.

3866155-9151858680-

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the hyperbole. You claimed that the int's "kept them in the game". They got picks because they forced them. They were up 10 late. Stay on point.
So are you saying those forced picks didn't keep them in the game?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if Brady didn't throw the 2 int's, you have no way of knowing that the Pats would go up 6 to 14 pts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is @NWPATSFAN STILL carrying on about the SB in this thread? :L :tsk:

Damn dude. We get it. Your team won the SB. Congrats. Go pound sand somewhere about it because this thread isn't about that ffs.

3866155-9151858680-
Your boy husk brought it up today. Typical tactic if I don't respond I'm dodging, deflected...Do you need a tissue again tonight?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if there are any threads that you don't feel the need to badger people about a game that ended 6 months ago on. Seems like a no so far.