• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the same cycle as the last few years, problem is those 2 don't show up for long stretches either. So tired of hearing Coots is a stud, he's a slightly above average player on a low average team. Leadership on this team is non existent, period!
Leadership has been non existent on this team for about 10 years.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saddest part is we have a very good Goalie who's best years are going to be behind a team rebuilding year in and year out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saddest part is we have a very good Goalie who's best years are going to be behind a team rebuilding year in and year out.
The messed up part about how good he is playing is we are now reliant on him waaaaay too much and he is facing so many shots that eventually he is going to get run down or hurt.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When McEwen is the best player on the ice for our team you know we played really bad.
The Flyers’ top players were largely pretty quiet in this one—Zack MacEwen led the team in high danger chances with three. And, of course, not to take anything away from his individual work, he was really the only skater we could say played well in this one, when your fourth line winger is your best player in a game, that’s a problem.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5v5-rank.png

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more depressing reason they aren’t good is that they just might not have enough talent. If it was as easy as changing leadership, there would be hope.

But at this point, I’m losing faith that Konecny, Farabee, and Lindblom aren’t the “solid top 6 guys” we thought we had and are more just “fine top 6 guys” or good 3rd liners. That won’t cut it when your top guys arent super stars. Same with Provorov and Sanheim. If they’re not star top 4 guys then you can’t really say they’re built to win because of an elite defense.

Honestly, in some ways the roster construction reminds me of the post-lockout year. They’ve got a slow ass team in a league built by speed and playing a fast game. Their entries on the PP and at 5 on 5 are completely crippling. And they can’t do it because none of them can skate.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more depressing reason they aren’t good is that they just might not have enough talent. If it was as easy as changing leadership, there would be hope.

But at this point, I’m losing faith that Konecny, Farabee, and Lindblom aren’t the “solid top 6 guys” we thought we had and are more just “fine top 6 guys” or good 3rd liners. That won’t cut it when your top guys arent super stars. Same with Provorov and Sanheim. If they’re not star top 4 guys then you can’t really say they’re built to win because of an elite defense.

Honestly, in some ways the roster construction reminds me of the post-lockout year. They’ve got a slow ass team in a league built by speed and playing a fast game. Their entries on the PP and at 5 on 5 are completely crippling. And they can’t do it because none of them can skate.
Do you mean our players got overrated ? No way that doesn't happen on this board. :dhd:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m depressed too. Didn’t watch last night was on the open highways headed north.

This is deja vu all over again and again and again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m depressed too. Didn’t watch last night was on the open highways headed north.

This is deja vu all over again and again and again.
OMG you are so lucky to have missed last nights game.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same to all

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly the case, we have been so guilty of building up players because they have done well in Lehigh etc. I think Farabee could be the only top 6 player out of our younger guys also. Other problem is bringing in aging vets instead of investing in youth and talent with those bigger contracts. I can think of a 100 plus players I'd rather give the money we have, JVR, Hayes and now Ellis. I also don't think we have the right coaching staff on any level. No way you start out the season hot and then just go that cold. Somewhere between coaches and the players on this team themselves, there Isa severe disconnect.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta beat a team like the Devils tonight in regulation or forget about it. Yes, we have a lot of critical injuries, but there are no excuses for this one. It's a big game against a big rival no matter how you slice it.