• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean sure. It's kind of like re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic I guess. But I'd be shocked if those guys bring anything more than Lindblom is. They're not even good at the AHL level.
I would assume they would at least have their name mentioned once a game. I haven't heard Lindblom's name be called in several games.

Its also pretty hard not to do better than 1 assist and zero goals with a minus 9 in 19 games so i would think we would be getting a more comfy deck chair and get rid of the rusted one before the ship goes down.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean sure. It's kind of like re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic I guess. But I'd be shocked if those guys bring anything more than Lindblom is. They're not even good at the AHL level.
Sometimes when you rearrange the deck chairs you end up with a better view. Nothing can hurt at this point.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way they’re using Giroux on PP - he is basically a non threat to shoot. Makes no sense to me.
At this point you might as well put out Coots, Roo, Farabee, Risto and JVR. Put the 2 big pusses in front of the net and hammer away.!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume they would at least have their name mentioned once a game. I haven't heard Lindblom's name be called in several games.

Its also pretty hard not to do better than 1 assist and zero goals with a minus 9 in 19 games so i would think we would be getting a more comfy deck chair and get rid of the rusted one before the ship goes down.

I'm fine with doing it. At this point, why not? But I'm not expecting guys that are mediocre (or even bad) at the AHL level to be anything but bad at the NHL level. The Phantoms are 3-10-4, last in the league.

The Flyers organization has major issues right now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with doing it. At this point, why not? But I'm not expecting guys that are mediocre (or even bad) at the AHL level to be anything but bad at the NHL level. The Phantoms are 3-10-4, last in the league.

The Flyers organization has major issues right now.
I'm guessing your 1-2 years for the cup plan isn't still your stance.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing your 1-2 years for the cup plan isn't still your stance.
I don't think awaz was touting that line, he was a lot more realistic. Flyers brass screwed up by not bringing in younger guns when they've had their chances, instead they put a lot of their eggs in the Giroux- Voracek basket and tried to add aging veterans like they are now. At some point you have to get with the new generation of team building, we are sorely being left behind in this regard.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think awaz was touting that line, he was a lot more realistic. Flyers brass screwed up by not bringing in younger guns when they've had their chances, instead they put a lot of their eggs in the Giroux- Voracek basket and tried to add aging veterans like they are now. At some point you have to get with the new generation of team building, we are sorely being left behind in this regard.
Bacon i dont know how you missed so many 100's of posts he has put 1-2 years for this team to win the cup and my rebuttal was and has always been 4 to 7 years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it turns out that this crop can't get it together then Hextall's rebuild was a complete failure. The guys he drafted did not get good enough to make keeping Giroux/Voracek the right decision.

This league is all about home grown stars. It's the only way to compete for cups. And the Flyers haven't been bad enough to draft in the top 5 for a few years (because they kept G/Jake) and they didn't take homerun swings at the draft to make up for it. Hextall drafted high floor, low ceiling, guys and it hasn't worked out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bacon i dont know how you missed so many 100's of posts he has put 1-2 years for this team to win the cup and my rebuttal was and has always been 4 to 7 years.

Let's make this fun. If you can find a post where I said they'd "win a cup in 1-2 years", I won't post for a week. If you can't find one, you don't post for a week.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make this fun. If you can find a post where I said they'd "win a cup in 1-2 years", I won't post for a week. If you can't find one, you don't post for a week.
Well for starters post 83 in this thread is you making fun of my 4-7 year plan. Lets start with that.

Not to mention you dont post here anymore so what good is me wasting my time looking for your posts .

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters post 83 in this thread is you making fun of my 4-7 year plan. Lets start with that.

Not to mention you dont post here anymore so what good is me wasting my time looking for your posts .

Ok, so nothing on me saying they'd win a cup in 1-2 years then?

I don't post here as much because you annoy me.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im glad you dont post here anymore because you and your BS posts from the past annoy me.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im glad you dont post here anymore because you and your BS posts from the past annoy me.
You two are hilarious! I don't think there is such a thing as a certain year plan, take the Avs for example. They had Duchene and O'Reilly both and sucked balls. They traded both players and the Avs have flourished. Of course O'Reilly went on to win a cup with the blues, they just didn't fit in with the system or weren't the right chemistry guys. Our problem is we've had the same chemistry guys for years now and no one seems to be able to be the right fit. It needs to change badly. Also we need to quit the petty arguing, we're all frustrated as hell and have been wrong on a lot of shit we have all said lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on a side note, who do you target with Giroux at the deadline? It needs to happen for this team to move on IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two are hilarious! I don't think there is such a thing as a certain year plan, take the Avs for example. They had Duchene and O'Reilly both and sucked balls. They traded both players and the Avs have flourished. Of course O'Reilly went on to win a cup with the blues, they just didn't fit in with the system or weren't the right chemistry guys. Our problem is we've had the same chemistry guys for years now and no one seems to be able to be the right fit. It needs to change badly. Also we need to quit the petty arguing, we're all frustrated as hell and have been wrong on a lot of shit we have all said lol.

Me vs Awaz on this board. Of course i have the Flyers jersey on.:nod:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on a side note, who do you target with Giroux at the deadline? It needs to happen for this team to move on IMO.
We probably cant get anything good as far as draft picks for him at the deadline because all the teams will playoff teams looking to add Gee and the first round draft pick they would be willing to offer will be very low.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably cant get anything good as far as draft picks for him at the deadline because all the teams will playoff teams looking to add Gee and the first round draft pick they would be willing to offer will be very low.
Not so sure about that. He can still score and some one will over pay for him I guarantee.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they still look terrible come deadline time I think you have to move Giroux. Pure rental puts more teams in a position to acquire him and he's still producing. About the only skater on the team that is. Las has a good point that the only teams interested would return a low 1st rounder (if that's the return), but it's still worth it. Could probably extract a little more than just a 1st rounder too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about that. He can still score and some one will over pay for him I guarantee.
I agree they probably will be willing to overpay for Gee but what is over paying? 2 first rounders would be overpaying but 2 low first round selections wouldn't do us any good as we have a team full of low first round selections. We would need to find a playoff team that has a first round draft pick from a bad team that would be a high selection.

There is a story in the Philly Inquirer that says Its time to trade Gee and go into full rebuild mode.