• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a story that says Patrick wants out of Philly and changed agents to help that happen because he doesnt like the coach.

Side note: his third agent in three years

Seems almost inevitable that Patrick gets moved this summer. I just hope it's not for scraps like mid-round picks. Please be as part of a bigger deal, or for another 'change of scenery' guy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be gone with him then, problem is he won't bring back anything worth a fuck in return. Also fuck these crybaby athletes who won't play for coaches who won't coddle them.

I'm skeptical of that report tbh. Not that he doesn't want out or want a change of scenery, but that he doesn't like AV. Sure AV can be kind of harsh in press conferences and stuff, but Patrick was trash this year and AV kept trying him with skilled players. He kept him on the PP. Used him in SO's. It's not like he was being benched and playing 4 minutes a night.

So maybe he doesn't like AV's system because it doesn't suit his playing style. Or he just doesn't think the fit is good and he can thrive elsewhere. Or wants to be closer to home. Those are reasonable conclusions. But I have a hard time believing he wants out because AV is a hard ass. In terms of playing time, AV basically did coddle him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be gone with him then, problem is he won't bring back anything worth a fuck in return. Also fuck these crybaby athletes who won't play for coaches who won't coddle them.
I guess accountability is frowned upon in this day and age.

We dont have any luck drafting in the two spot im glad we got 13th this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm skeptical of that report tbh. Not that he doesn't want out or want a change of scenery, but that he doesn't like AV. Sure AV can be kind of harsh in press conferences and stuff, but Patrick was trash this year and AV kept trying him with skilled players. He kept him on the PP. Used him in SO's. It's not like he was being benched and playing 4 minutes a night.

So maybe he doesn't like AV's system because it doesn't suit his playing style. Or he just doesn't think the fit is good and he can thrive elsewhere. Or wants to be closer to home. Those are reasonable conclusions. But I have a hard time believing he wants out because AV is a hard ass. In terms of playing time, AV basically did coddle him.
If its true that he wants out but not because he doesn't like AV he should come out on record and say that. This way there is zero misconception as this could be a locker room killer if he doesn't get traded.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it's all media hype so who knows. I would def like to see the kid get a fair shake in Philly, which I believe he has considering how they let him heal and rehab, he didn't have any off season training last year and came into camp like a month before the season started. Would def like to see him going into next season in better overall shape and a decent set of linemates. If not then like you said, hope he's part of a bigger deal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its true that he wants out but not because he doesnt like AV he should come out on record and say that. This way there is zero misconception.

As a Flyers fan I'd rather it be all media speculation tbh. If he comes out and says he wants to be traded or demands a trade, the Flyers are the ones that lose. His value may be down, but I'm sure there are still a few teams willing to give up a decent asset for a 2nd overall pick that's only played 200 games. If he demands a trade publicly, the Flyers aren't going to get anything for him. They'll have 0 leverage.

Also I can't imagine he wants to be labeled as a player that demands trades after shit seasons. That won't help him negotiate with teams in the future if he does start to rebound.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's all media hype so who knows. I would def like to see the kid get a fair shake in Philly, which I believe he has considering how they let him heal and rehab, he didn't have any off season training last year and came into camp like a month before the season started. Would def like to see him going into next season in better overall shape and a decent set of linemates. If not then like you said, hope he's part of a bigger deal.

Agreed. I think the Flyers have treated him more than fairly in his career to date. He's one hell of a prima-donna if he doesn't think they have. I'd love to see him get one more kick at the can with the Flyers to see if he can put it together. But it definitely doesn't seem to be heading that direction.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Flyers fan I'd rather it be all media speculation tbh. If he comes out and says he wants to be traded or demands a trade, the Flyers are the ones that lose. His value may be down, but I'm sure there are still a few teams willing to give up a decent asset for a 2nd overall pick that's only played 200 games. If he demands a trade publicly, the Flyers aren't going to get anything for him. They'll have 0 leverage.

Also I can't imagine he wants to be labeled as a player that demands trades after shit seasons. That won't help him negotiate with teams in the future if he does start to rebound.
I want him to come out and deny that he doesnt like AV not that he wants to be traded. He could do both with the following

Hi Philly fans there is no truth to the rumor that i want to be traded or that i dont like AV. Tha'ts all he has to do is tweet that out and there would be zero misconception.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to come out and deny that he doesnt like AV not that he wants to be traded. He could do both with the following

Hi Philly fans there is no truth to the rumor that i want to be traded or that i dont like AV. Tha'ts all he has to do is tweet that out and there would be zero misconception.

Oh, I'm definitely good with that route. Just not how I read you.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bit of news from yesterday. Sounds like Sandstrom signed with a team in Finland for next year. And from last week, Ersson signed his ELC.

So presumably Ersson replaces Sandstrom in the AHL. Do they go Ustimenko and Ersson for the Phantoms? Two young guys battling it out? I would imagine they'd want to sign a more veteran guy in case an NHL goalie gets hurt. But I guess we'll see.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bit of news from yesterday. Sounds like Sandstrom signed with a team in Finland for next year. And from last week, Ersson signed his ELC.

So presumably Ersson replaces Sandstrom in the AHL. Do they go Ustimenko and Ersson for the Phantoms? Two young guys battling it out? I would imagine they'd want to sign a more veteran guy in case an NHL goalie gets hurt. But I guess we'll see.
Errsson had great season i think its time he comes up to the Phantoms

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesnt hold any leverage. Flyers hold his rights and i dont believe they will trade him this summer.

Trading a player with 9 points in 50 plus games as well as being minus 30 is hard. I think we keep him one more season and have faith that he can put up better numbers than he did last season and get his value up before we trade him.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems almost inevitable that Patrick gets moved this summer. I just hope it's not for scraps like mid-round picks. Please be as part of a bigger deal, or for another 'change of scenery' guy.
Laine is a change of scenery guy. Both are RFA's. Not sure how that works when trading RFA's but we would have to do Patrick plus. Also have to be careful with Laine's next contract after the season he had.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laine is a change of scenery guy. Both are RFA's. Not sure how that works when trading RFA's but we would have to do Patrick plus. Also have to be careful with Laine's next contract after the season he had.
Imagine getting Seth Jones and Laine in the same trade. Not sure we have the assets to do it but that would clean house and start over as well as give us high draft choices for a couple of years until we are ready to win a cup..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Laine would definitely fit the bill. I would imagine both teams would be open to that, and to letting eachother negotiate with the player prior to the deal.

And to las' point, a deal for Laine and Jones, involving Patrick, could make a lot of sense. Would be tough to cobble together the right deal for that I expect, but I would definitely consider it. Building on Meltzer's hypothetical from last week, would TK, Patrick, Sanheim, and a 1st be enough for Laine and Jones? Would you do that deal? What if CBJ wanted Farabee, Patrick, Sanheim, and a 1st? ? I expect they'd want Provorov coming the other way. Would a 1st, Provorov, and Farabee or TK get it done? Would you do it?

I don't expect CBJ would have any interest in Giroux, Hayes, Voracek, or JvR going into a rebuild.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a story that says Patrick wants out of Philly and changed agents to help that happen because he doesnt like the coach.

Side note: his third agent in three years
Bye bye Nolan. Hope it works out for you.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Sandstrom signed with the Flyers last night. So looks like he actually is staying in North America. Finland contract was a 'just in case' contract apparently.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laine would definitely fit the bill. I would imagine both teams would be open to that, and to letting eachother negotiate with the player prior to the deal.

And to las' point, a deal for Laine and Jones, involving Patrick, could make a lot of sense. Would be tough to cobble together the right deal for that I expect, but I would definitely consider it. Building on Meltzer's hypothetical from last week, would TK, Patrick, Sanheim, and a 1st be enough for Laine and Jones? Would you do that deal? What if CBJ wanted Farabee, Patrick, Sanheim, and a 1st? ? I expect they'd want Provorov coming the other way. Would a 1st, Provorov, and Farabee or TK get it done? Would you do it?

I don't expect CBJ would have any interest in Giroux, Hayes, Voracek, or JvR going into a rebuild.
I would do TK, Patrick, Sanheim our 13th pick this year and a 7th round pick next year we got from St Louis.

That still may not be enough.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Sandstrom signed with the Flyers last night. So looks like he actually is staying in North America. Finland contract was a 'just in case' contract apparently.
He was bluffing all along.