• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fletcher said they would be by the start of the season. Sounded like they had 1 or 2 that were 1 shot in at his pre-season press conference a week or two ago.
Thats good because they wouldn't be able to play in any games in NY. Lets go bring on the season!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tanner Laczynski and Wade Allison out, I still think they will keep Thompson as forward #13. Cates or Bunnaman may have a shot. I think Frost will get 3C with Brassard at 2C while Hayes is out. Seeler looking like 7D at this point.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tanner Laczynski and Wade Allison out, I still think they will keep Thompson as forward #13. Cates or Bunnaman may have a shot. I think Frost will get 3C with Brassard at 2C while Hayes is out. Seeler looking like 7D at this point.
Man we are running out of depth fast . No more injuries please.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with all of this. Except I think Thompson will be on the 4th line. Bunnaman maybe as the #13 instead. I think he pretty much is what he is at this point, so press box time wont' really hinder him.

The point i've seen made on twitter is that Thompson was signed on Day 1 of free agency. They probably didn't prioritize that signing with the expectation of him sitting in the press box all year.

To this point, AV has been committed to

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Brassard-Atkinson
JvR-Frost-Farabee
Laughton-Thompson-NAK

up front. That obviously may change and he said he'd stick to the same lineup for the first part of camp. But based on how that lineup looks, he probably started with that group for a reason. And I'm fine with that group TBH. When Hayes comes back, that's when Thompson's spot in the lineup becomes a question IMO. And even more so when Allison comes back after that. I would think Thompson/NAK would be the two to make way for those guys, but we'll see if that's true and what order it's in.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Don't at all be discouraged by the 2-4 preseason loss to Boston tonight. They dressed arguably their opening night squad minus just 2-3 players. Meanwhile, we sat Couturier, Giroux, Atkinson, Konecny, Lindblom, Brassard, Provorov, Ellis, Braun, Yandle and Hart (or about 60% of our starters).

This was like the Phantoms plus JvR, Farabee, Laughton, Risto and Sanheim (one Nhl line and d-pairing) vs. the Bruins at 90% power, possibly even higher. Looking at the rosters now, there are only two Bruins that I don't recognize.

Farabee, JvR and York looked good, but I wish we would've dressed a more competitive roster. What can we really learn from this one, if anything!?

Perhaps just that JvR still looks great, Farabee might have an enormous season and also York could probably play full-time in the Nhl right now.

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this. Except I think Thompson will be on the 4th line. Bunnaman maybe as the #13 instead. I think he pretty much is what he is at this point, so press box time wont' really hinder him.

The point i've seen made on twitter is that Thompson was signed on Day 1 of free agency. They probably didn't prioritize that signing with the expectation of him sitting in the press box all year.

To this point, AV has been committed to

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Brassard-Atkinson
JvR-Frost-Farabee
Laughton-Thompson-NAK

up front. That obviously may change and he said he'd stick to the same lineup for the first part of camp. But based on how that lineup looks, he probably started with that group for a reason. And I'm fine with that group TBH. When Hayes comes back, that's when Thompson's spot in the lineup becomes a question IMO. And even more so when Allison comes back after that. I would think Thompson/NAK would be the two to make way for those guys, but we'll see if that's true and what order it's in.
I was pleasantly surprised last night that Thompson looked faster then I remembered.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that jones dude sucks donkey balls.

Heh. Disheartening appearance from Jones for sure. Like Mav said, the Flyers mostly dressed Phantoms or 4th liners last night. So a 4-2 loss to a pretty NHL-level Bruins roster isn't too bad.

But I was hoping for better from Jones. The 3rd Bruins goal, even if deflected, should've been stopped.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Don't at all be discouraged by the 2-4 preseason loss to Boston tonight. They dressed arguably their opening night squad minus just 2-3 players. Meanwhile, we sat Couturier, Giroux, Atkinson, Konecny, Lindblom, Brassard, Provorov, Ellis, Braun, Yandle and Hart (or about 60% of our starters).

This was like the Phantoms plus JvR, Farabee, Laughton, Risto and Sanheim (one Nhl line and d-pairing) vs. the Bruins at 90% power, possibly even higher. Looking at the rosters now, there are only two Bruins that I don't recognize.

Farabee, JvR and York looked good, but I wish we would've dressed a more competitive roster. What can we really learn from this one, if anything!?

Perhaps just that JvR still looks great, Farabee might have an enormous season and also York could probably play full-time in the Nhl right now.

Yep. I was hoping to see more from Frost. He was pretty invisible aside from one good PP shift. But it's preseason, and that line wouldn't get a lot of Bergeron in a normal NHL vs NHL matchup, like they probably did last night.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I was hoping to see more from Frost. He was pretty invisible aside from one good PP shift. But it's preseason, and that line wouldn't get a lot of Bergeron in a normal NHL vs NHL matchup, like they probably did last night.
It's tough when he's essentially on our top line and on the road against a pretty deep Bruins squad that was only lacking Coyle (returning from surgery), Nosek, arguably a 3rd D-pairing and starting netminder.

They literally dressed at least 15 of their top 18 healthy skaters and we sat 10 of our top 18, including all of our best players except arguably Farabee (who is still only 21 years old)...Lol We better start giving that kid some serious minutes. He's going to be an absolute star and the extension he just signed is going to look better with each passing day.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why they had one maybe just to get some work in but we even lost the shootout.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Disheartening appearance from Jones for sure. Like Mav said, the Flyers mostly dressed Phantoms or 4th liners last night. So a 4-2 loss to a pretty NHL-level Bruins roster isn't too bad.

But I was hoping for better from Jones. The 3rd Bruins goal, even if deflected, should've been stopped.
Yep that 3rd goal was just Jones pretty much watching it go by him lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow we played with our full starting team last night. I hope we do it again tonight its on the NHL channel.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re only three games into the preseason, but before we go, it’s worth dipping into the slightly more imprecise, because this team just feels different. An image that haunts us a bit from last season is that of Oskar Lindblom, freshly back after his cancer treatments, getting cross checked to all hell right in front of the bench to something of a nothing response, and in a season where just about everything was going wrong, the lack of response to, well, that sort of thing was a real complaint. But already we’re seeing things are different this year. When Garnet Hathaway went after Ivan Provorov last night and tried to drag him into a fight, Derick Brassard was flying in there at warp speed as if to say “absolutely not.” Then when a scrum broke out behind the net and someone was trying to mix it up with Joel Farabee, Rasmus Ristolainen was right in there to intervene and pull him out.

This is very very very encouraging news!!