• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Morin with a knee injury. Can't seem to find an article.
Hate to hear this. But if true, time for him to move on to his backup career.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per Sam Morin himself, he is good.

The Flyers rookies beat the Rangers rookies 6-3 in game one and lost 2-3 in game two exhibitions. Foerster, Frost, Allison, Laczynski and Ersson were several guys that stood out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anxious to hear about Allison's injury. He's had some shit injury luck too, hopefully it's nothing too serious.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anxious to hear about Allison's injury. He's had some shit injury luck too, hopefully it's nothing too serious.
AV addresses the media tomorrow and will probably give the status.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayes out 6-8 for abdominal surgery
Allison out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain
Morin out 6-8 for knee surgery

Not a great start!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a great start!
Unfortunate, but we'll get past these particular injuries. There's a lot of depth and versatility on this roster, especially at the forward position. Also, Morin wasn't going to make the top 6 on defense anyway. Allison could've made the team, but it's not like we were counting on him to play a big role.

Like AV is saying, we just need to become tough to play against. The revamped defense should help a lot in that area.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a great start!
I may be ignorant, by why wait until a couple of days before training camp to have surgery. Article said he recovered from surgery in May (5 weeks). That makes it mid - end of July. He just figured out he need more surgery now ?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be ignorant, by why wait until a couple of days before training camp to have surgery. Article said he recovered from surgery in May (5 weeks). That makes it mid - end of July. He just figured out he need more surgery now ?
He "felt something in his groin" while skating with teammates on Monday (insert sarcastic, witty comment here) and had surgery on Tuesday. So, I'd say they rushed this particular process along fairly quickly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate, but we'll get past these particular injuries. There's a lot of depth and versatility on this roster, especially at the forward position. Also, Morin wasn't going to make the top 6 on defense anyway. Allison could've made the team, but it's not like we were counting on him to play a big role.

Like AV is saying, we just need to become tough to play against. The revamped defense should help a lot in that area.

Yep, aside from feeling bad for the guy the Morin injury doesn't really impact the team. I was/am expecting some big things Allison this year. He's a style of player that they've sorely missed. It's a lot to put on a guy with what 15 NHL games? But I was expecting some pretty legit production from him this year.

But Hayes is a significant loss IMO. They have options for 2C, but none of them are great options IMO. Frost coming out hot is the ideal scenario, but a couple days ago the question was "can he make the team out of camp". That's a pretty big jump to "can he be the 2C". The most obvious solution is to move G to 2C, but he's not an ideal C anymore and you're moving your best winger to an inferior position to get it done.

It doesn't sink the season by any means, but the Hayes loss is a big one IMO. And even though he's only slated to miss 10 or so games due to this, it is very concerning that he already needs another core surgery after getting it done in May originally. A lot of guys have down years after one core muscle surgery, so having two like this doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies that Hayes is going to be a legit 2C at any point this seasons. Maybe that's "sky is falling" mentality, but I'm definitely concerned.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is mornonic in my opinion. He had all summer off and now he feels something all of a sudden. This should've been taken care of before now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, aside from feeling bad for the guy the Morin injury doesn't really impact the team. I was/am expecting some big things Allison this year. He's a style of player that they've sorely missed. It's a lot to put on a guy with what 15 NHL games? But I was expecting some pretty legit production from him this year.

But Hayes is a significant loss IMO. They have options for 2C, but none of them are great options IMO. Frost coming out hot is the ideal scenario, but a couple days ago the question was "can he make the team out of camp". That's a pretty big jump to "can he be the 2C". The most obvious solution is to move G to 2C, but he's not an ideal C anymore and you're moving your best winger to an inferior position to get it done.

It doesn't sink the season by any means, but the Hayes loss is a big one IMO. And even though he's only slated to miss 10 or so games due to this, it is very concerning that he already needs another core surgery after getting it done in May originally. A lot of guys have down years after one core muscle surgery, so having two like this doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies that Hayes is going to be a legit 2C at any point this seasons. Maybe that's "sky is falling" mentality, but I'm definitely concerned.
Hayes will be missing 9 to 10 games to start the season that is huge. We already dont have much depth at center and obviously hes one of our best PKers so this one hurts

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, there aren't a lot of options at 2C right now, but we have a lot of extra centers that could potentially step up, even without moving Giroux back. Laughton and Brassard are the first couple that come to mind and meanwhile youngsters like Frost, Laczynski and Foerster will be eager to take their spots on the 3rd or 4th line too. There are Nhl veterans and perhaps Nhl-ready youngsters waiting to take these roster spots, certainly at least in the short term. The depth is there.

Also, a lot of guys will be looking to bounce back this season. There's huge motivation for people like Atkinson, Konecny, Lindblom, Provy, plus everyone we acquired and everyone we re-signed. Add Giroux, NAK and Frost too given they are playing for new contracts. That's most of the team right there.

There should be an absolute ton of positive energy, enthusiasm and competition throughout training camp this season.

Last edited: