• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God the flyers suck. They have no shot against the 8 teams that have played so far.

they are physically soooooooo outmanned.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God the flyers suck. They have no shot against the 8 teams that have played so far.

they are physically soooooooo outmanned.
I was thinking the same thing. Watching these teams fly around the ice and hitting the way the do every team is better than us. We may win a game or two if we made the playoffs but we would never survive 4 best of 7 series to win a cup. If we have dreams of winning a cup any time soon forget it unless we make major roster changes and im talking major changes.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. Watching these teams fly around the ice and hitting the way the do every team is better than us. We may win a game or two if we made the playoffs but we would never survive 4 best of 7 series to win a cup. If we have dreams of winning a cup any time soon forget it unless we make major roster changes and im talking major changes.
Can someone remind me why Gudas is not a Flyer ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone remind me why Gudas is not a Flyer ?
Because we just had to have Braun instead. People on here think its because we traded him for Nisky but i say because they fell in love with the idea of having Braun and made Gudas expendable because they found his replacement in Braun. We wasted about 2K posts on this and still is unresolved.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we just had to have Braun instead. People on here think its because we traded him for Nisky but i say because they fell in love with the idea of having Braun and made Gudas expendable because they found his replacement in Braun. We wasted about 2K posts on this and still is unresolved.
Oh yeah. Now I remember.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we get the privilege of retaining part of his salary too?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we get the privilege of retaining part of his salary too?

The Flyers retained 30% of the final year of Gudas' contract.

I'd love to have Gudas back and liked him while he was here. Would've supported them signing him last summer instead of Gustafsson to 'replace' Niskanen. But the deal ended up being 1 year of Gudas (who was UFA at the end of the year) for 1 year of Niskanen. And Niskanen was a great 1st pair dman for the Flyers. I'd do that trade 1,000 times over.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to have Gudas back and liked him while he was here. Would've supported them signing him last summer instead of Gustafsson to 'replace' Niskanen. But the deal ended up being 1 year of Gudas (who was UFA at the end of the year) for 1 year of Niskanen. And Niskanen was a great 1st pair dman for the Flyers. I'd do that trade 1,000 times over.
Oh yeah - this too. I always liked Gudas.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch any playoff hockey tonight? Boston vs Craps was a good one, so happy the Craps lost.
Then the Avs killed the Blues, another Binnington cry fest was epically hilarious. Talk about an over rated dude with a huge ego! And then to watch a real Captain play and lead the way, includinga Brayden Schenn beat down! Loved it!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why in the world would you do that trade over? We could still have Gudas playing for us, this years hits leader and you could never have Nisky again. Yes thats right we could still have this years NHL hits leader on our team instead we traded for a player who played 1 year and retired on us.

Totally dumb trade.

Dont forget we got saddled with Braun because of that trade.

A terrible trade for us and we would do it again cmon man

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch any playoff hockey tonight? Boston vs Craps was a good one, so happy the Craps lost.
Then the Avs killed the Blues, another Binnington cry fest was epically hilarious. Talk about an over rated dude with a huge ego! And then to watch a real Captain play and lead the way, includinga Brayden Schenn beat down! Loved it!
When you said a real captain i dint even have to look down at the video to know it wasn't ours.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would you do that trade over? We could still have Gudas playing for us, this years hits leader and you could never have Nisky again. Yes thats right we could still have this years NHL hits leader on our team instead we traded for a player who played 1 year and retired on us.

Totally dumb trade.

Dont forget we got saddled with Braun because of that trade.

A terrible trade for us and we would do it again cmon man

Gudas had 1 year left on his deal. He was a free agent last summer. The fact that Gudas had a good year 2 years after the deal is irrelevant to the trade because his contract wouldn't have kept him a Flyer anyway. Unless they chose to sign him in Free Agency last summer. Which they could have regardless of the trade, they just didn't. Not signing him last summer can be viewed as a mistake, but it's irrelevant to the trade.

And you attaching Braun to that trade is asinine. I'm not going to dive down that rabbit hole again, but the Flyers didn't trade for Niskanen, a 1st pairing dman, so they could sign a 3rd pairing defenseman. They could have signed Braun and kept Gudas if they wanted to. That trade was because Niskanen was a 1st pair dman and the Caps needed to clear space. The Flyers took advantage of having cap space available to acquire the superior player.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudas had 1 year left on his deal. He was a free agent last summer. The fact that Gudas had a good year 2 years after the deal is irrelevant to the trade because his contract wouldn't have kept him a Flyer anyway. Unless they chose to sign him in Free Agency last summer. Which they could have regardless of the trade, they just didn't. Not signing him last summer can be viewed as a mistake, but it's irrelevant to the trade.

And you attaching Braun to that trade is asinine. I'm not going to dive down that rabbit hole again, but the Flyers didn't trade for Niskanen, a 1st pairing dman, so they could sign a 3rd pairing defenseman. They could have signed Braun and kept Gudas if they wanted to. That trade was because Niskanen was a 1st pair dman and the Caps needed to clear space. The Flyers took advantage of having cap space available to acquire the superior player.
First off Gudas had a fabulous year the year he played for Washington and Nisky played for us. If we had not traded Gudas we had a great shot to sign him as our own free agent. Once he was traded he was not signing back with us.

Attaching Braun to this trade is 100% on the money as we out smarted ourselves thinking we could give up our best defenseman and replace him with the great Braun.

Assinine is wanting to do this trade 1000 times over. What did Nisky do for us get us one round of playoff win. Now hes gone forever. If he won us a cup i could see wanting to do this trade again.

Its incredible how we love to celebrate mediocrity on this board.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Gudas had a fabulous year the year he played for Washington and Nisky played for us. If we had not traded Gudas we had a great shot to sign him as our own free agent. Once he was traded he was not signing back with us.

Attaching Braun to this trade is 100% on the money as we out smarted ourselves thinking we could give up our best defenseman and replace him with the great Braun.

Assinine is wanting to do this trade 1000 times over. What did Nisky do for us get us one round of playoff win. Now hes gone forever. If he won us a cup i could see wanting to do this trade again.

Its incredible how we love to celebrate mediocrity on this board.

I'm not arguing with you. Your statements are completely illogical.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing with you. Your statements are completely illogical.
Nisky did nothing for us but win one round and you want to do this trade 1000 times over. Thats illogical.

Why let facts get in the way of a good story.

We love to celebrate mediocrity on this board!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nisky did nothing for us but win one round and you want to do this trade 1000 times over. Thats illogical.

Why let facts get in the way of a good story.

We love to celebrate mediocrity on this board!

By your logic, every single trade, signing, and draft pick the Flyers have made since 1975 has been bad.