• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Ghost for the cap space would be worth it. We have too many 3rd pairing dmen that don't play D.
I would love to trade Ghost for cap space but nobody wanted him for free why would they want to trade an asset for him

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Seth Jones should be a priority target, not sure how we're going to stop gap an already struggling defense with just a somewhat decent player. Not sure how you lure him without breaking the bank though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Seth Jones should be a priority target, not sure how we're going to stop gap an already struggling defense with just a somewhat decent player. Not sure how you lure him without breaking the bank though.
Its impossible to get a player of his caliber without giving up a nice haul and then we have to keep him happy enough to resign him to a multi year deal for over 8 million per year

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its impossible to get a player of his caliber without giving up a nice haul and then we have to keep him happy enough to resign him to a multi year deal for over 8 million per year
Yep, be nice if we could do 2-3 years now and 5 later lol.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to trade Ghost for cap space but nobody wanted him for free why would they want to trade an asset for him

I don't think they'll get an earth shattering return, but I do think they could move Ghost if they wanted to. During the season, right near the trade deadline, very few teams had the cap space to add him when he was on waivers.

I think it'd be like a 4th or 5th round pick, or some long shot prospect. Or, the more likely avenue IMO, would be that he gets moved for another similar paid player that fits differently. A defense first, d-man. Or a relatively overpaid bottom 6 forward. Something to change the mix, but not really make you any better off on the cap.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meltzer referenced an Edmonton article that speculated they might be interested in Patrick and the Flyers would be interested in a young d-man in return. Bill thinks Ethan Bear is not enough and Edmonton wouldn't move Evan Bouchard, but a couple of interesting names to add to the list. Could always be a bigger package put together on either side.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll get an earth shattering return, but I do think they could move Ghost if they wanted to. During the season, right near the trade deadline, very few teams had the cap space to add him when he was on waivers.

I think it'd be like a 4th or 5th round pick, or some long shot prospect. Or, the more likely avenue IMO, would be that he gets moved for another similar paid player that fits differently. A defense first, d-man. Or a relatively overpaid bottom 6 forward. Something to change the mix, but not really make you any better off on the cap.
I hope so but Fletcher is going into this off season with one leg in an ass kicking contest.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This and he started playing better towards the end of the season. I think York can fill his spot and play better D.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so but Fletcher is going into this off season with one leg in an ass kicking contest.

He's definitely got a challenge in front of him. But I would say most teams do this offseason. The GM's are going to have to get creative to make it work. Waiting for the perfect trade isn't going to fly this summer, particularly for Fletcher and some of his counterparts in similar situations.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This and he started playing better towards the end of the season. I think York can fill his spot and play better D.

Ghost definitely makes the most sense to move, if they can find a partner. The Flyers barely used him in his best role (PP1) last year. If they're not going to use him there, he's a total drag at 4.5M.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman's 31 Thoughts today

3. Still hearing a lot of Philadelphia and Jones. The Flyers are definitely working at it.

He's been hard on this one. Seems like it may be the Flyers first choice at this point.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman's 31 Thoughts today

3. Still hearing a lot of Philadelphia and Jones. The Flyers are definitely working at it.

He's been hard on this one. Seems like it may be the Flyers first choice at this point.
I think if we can free up JVRS salary it will make it much more easier to sign Jones.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, if Jake and Gee are here when their contracts end, would you resign them with a NMC clause? Me personally, No.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, if Jake and Gee are here when their contracts end, would you resign them with a NMC clause? Me personally, No.

I definitely wouldn't give them NMC's. At this stage in their career they don't really deserve it. I'm curious to see how they handle Couturier and Giroux being up next summer. Technically they can re-sign them any time starting this summer. I expect they'll re-sign Couturier before next season starts, but it would be interesting if they opted not to re-sign Giroux this summer and see how the season played out.

It doesn't really inject a lot of positivity, but it would be nice to have G on an expiring contract come deadline time if the Flyers end up sellers again. If you eat half his contract, he'd be a heck of a rental for someone going for a cup.

I'm sure Fletcher has absolutely no designs on selling at the trade deadline next season though. So it will be interesting to see what they do with Giroux. If they do end up re-signing him this summer, I'd expect his next deal to be around Couturier's 4.3M and Couturier to be close to G's 8.75M. Basically just flip their cap hits.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we can free up JVRS salary it will make it much more easier to sign Jones.

I think the real question is whether or not Jones is serious about testing free agency regardless of where he goes. TBH, I almost prefer that. The assets they give up to get him would be less, since it's only one year. Plus you're not locking into a crazy contract after a couple down years from Jones.

If things go great next year, chances are Jones plays well and likes it in Philly. So they'd still have the inside track to extend him next summer. If they go poorly, you're not locked in to something.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real question is whether or not Jones is serious about testing free agency regardless of where he goes. TBH, I almost prefer that. The assets they give up to get him would be less, since it's only one year. Plus you're not locking into a crazy contract after a couple down years from Jones.

If things go great next year, chances are Jones plays well and likes it in Philly. So they'd still have the inside track to extend him next summer. If they go poorly, you're not locked in to something.
If we trade for him without a guarantee that he will be signing with us that would be foolish.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely wouldn't give them NMC's. At this stage in their career they don't really deserve it. I'm curious to see how they handle Couturier and Giroux being up next summer. Technically they can re-sign them any time starting this summer. I expect they'll re-sign Couturier before next season starts, but it would be interesting if they opted not to re-sign Giroux this summer and see how the season played out.

It doesn't really inject a lot of positivity, but it would be nice to have G on an expiring contract come deadline time if the Flyers end up sellers again. If you eat half his contract, he'd be a heck of a rental for someone going for a cup.

I'm sure Fletcher has absolutely no designs on selling at the trade deadline next season though. So it will be interesting to see what they do with Giroux. If they do end up re-signing him this summer, I'd expect his next deal to be around Couturier's 4.3M and Couturier to be close to G's 8.75M. Basically just flip their cap hits.
If Gee gets offered an 4.3 million deal by us id assume he will go straight to free agency and get at least 5.5 per season.