• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, 5 more years at $10 million per season, but he is arguably well worth the money if he is happy where he lands. That and you'd much rather have him at that price than Giroux or Voracek at about $8.2 million each.
I would rather bring in 2-3 solid blue collar guys who have been part of a winning culture then to wrap up that much money in one guy. Unfortunately there is 3 immediate holes to fill and one guy isn't fixing that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Kraken take JVR instead of taking Ghost they would be just setting themselves up for failure.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Kraken take JVR instead of taking Ghost they would be just setting themselves up for failure.

Ha, came here to post this specifically and you set me up! 3 more writers (consensus for the article) that say JvR is the Seattle pick. Two neutral guys and Seattle’s beat writer for the athletic.

“arguably the most consistent top 6 forward they’ll have available to them”. Believe that guy is writing about the consistent point production year over year. Not game to game.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering about Matt Dumba today. Unless they ask someone to waive, they have Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin on NMC/NTC and have to protect them. So if they want to go 7-3-1, they’re risking Dumba for nothing. RH, top 4 guy, brings some physicality. Signed for 6M for 2 more seasons. Fletcher obviously has connections with Minnesota. Seems like a pretty logical fit.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha, came here to post this specifically and you set me up! 3 more writers (consensus for the article) that say JvR is the Seattle pick. Two neutral guys and Seattle’s beat writer for the athletic.

“arguably the most consistent top 6 forward they’ll have available to them”. Believe that guy is writing about the consistent point production year over year. Not game to game.
If JVR will be their most consistent top 6 forward available to them they have real problems and we wont have to worry about beating them twice a year.

Id rather have them take 7 million off of our books than just the 4.5 ghost makes

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering about Matt Dumba today. Unless they ask someone to waive, they have Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin on NMC/NTC and have to protect them. So if they want to go 7-3-1, they’re risking Dumba for nothing. RH, top 4 guy, brings some physicality. Signed for 6M for 2 more seasons. Fletcher obviously has connections with Minnesota. Seems like a pretty logical fit.
I read yesterday that Dumba was on our list of trade options. Id like to get him but what does he cost us to trade for and does he solve our defensive problems.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JVR will be their most consistent top 6 forward available to them they have real problems and we wont have to worry about beating them twice a year.

Id rather have them take 7 million off of our books than just the 4.5 ghost makes

I think it’s more that he’s more proven. If you remember the Vegas draft, they took a lot of younger guys and a lot of guys playing down the lineup and gave them a chance at bigger roles. William Karlsson, Reilly Smith, Jonathan Marchessault, etc. They thrived in the roles. JvR has the most pedigree though as a pretty consistent 60 pt player. We’ll see if the young guys Seattle takes supplant him as their true best forward.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read yesterday that Dumba was on our list of trade options. Id like to get him but what does he cost us to trade for and does he solve our defensive problems.

A good bit less than Jones I would think. IIRC, Minnesota is weak at C. Maybe Patrick is an attractive option to them as a reclamation project? Would have to sweeten obviously, but maybe not to the Sanheim/Konecny level.

May not solve the defensive problems by himself, but I think he’d certainly help. And leave more cap space and assets available to add more to the back end.

I wonder if there’s a 3 way trade to be had where Dumba ends up in Philly, Eichel ends up in Minnesota, and the Sabres get a bunch of draft picks, prospects, and young players from Minny/Philly. Seems like it could check a lot of boxes. 1st from Minnesota and Philly, Patrick, a highly touted young guy from Minnesota? Maybe still need more, but I feel like the foundation for a deal is there.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s more that he’s more proven. If you remember the Vegas draft, they took a lot of younger guys and a lot of guys playing down the lineup and gave them a chance at bigger roles. William Karlsson, Reilly Smith, Jonathan Marchessault, etc. They thrived in the roles. JvR has the most pedigree though as a pretty consistent 60 pt player. We’ll see if the young guys Seattle takes supplant him as their true best forward.
JVR has never been the best forward on his own line so for a player with a career average of 43 points a year to be your best forward at any point is just a recipe for disaster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good bit less than Jones I would think. IIRC, Minnesota is weak at C. Maybe Patrick is an attractive option to them as a reclamation project? Would have to sweeten obviously, but maybe not to the Sanheim/Konecny level.

May not solve the defensive problems by himself, but I think he’d certainly help. And leave more cap space and assets available to add more to the back end.

I wonder if there’s a 3 way trade to be had where Dumba ends up in Philly, Eichel ends up in Minnesota, and the Sabres get a bunch of draft picks, prospects, and young players from Minny/Philly. Seems like it could check a lot of boxes. 1st from Minnesota and Philly, Patrick, a highly touted young guy from Minnesota? Maybe still need more, but I feel like the foundation for a deal is there.
Id love to make this trade you are proposing. Please let that happen!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a story that says we should offer sheet a contract to Elis Pettersson of 5 years at 8.7 million and the writer is fine with giving up 2 firsts a 2nd and a 3rd round picks for him

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumba could make things interesting. Patrick, Myers and a 2nd could get it done so they don't lose him for nothing in the expansion draft. They could always expose Suter. If JVR goes, they could sign Ceci, Sanheim, Wennberg and a backup goalie with some money left over.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a story that says we should offer sheet a contract to Elis Pettersson of 5 years at 8.7 million and the writer is fine with giving up 2 firsts a 2nd and a 3rd round picks for him
I would love Petterson on the Flyers. I don't see anyway that Vancouver wouldn't match it though. He's by far one of my favorites in the NHL npw.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Petterson on the Flyers. I don't see anyway that Vancouver wouldn't match it though. He's by far one of my favorites in the NHL npw.
It would've been great if we picked him in the 2017 draft.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had an extra 18 million over the cap what players would you sign to add to this past years roster. It could be anyone in the NHL

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about signing Kyle Palmieri for next season. Hes good 23- 25 goals and 50 points a year.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had an extra 18 million over the cap what players would you sign to add to this past years roster. It could be anyone in the NHL
Nathan MacKinnon and Radko Gudas.