• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the entire league may be shutting down tomorrow

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the life of a Browns fan. They lose, but cover. So had I bet against them, I would have lost the bet, plus they lose the game which definitely puts a nail in the playoff coffin.
I was rooting for your Browns. What a heart breaker.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for your Browns. What a heart breaker.
...just another one in the long list of let downs. Progressive Insurance runs a series of ads with Baker Mayfield - maybe you've seen them. The latest one also has Bernie Kosar in it.. talk about dredging up all the old wounds....

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas everyone.... Flyers off until the 29th vs. Kraken (at the earliest)..... and no Olympics either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do about Risto?

Do we resign him now? If so he makes 5.4 million now how much of a raise does he get.?

Do we trade him at the deadline? If so what can we get back for him ? We traded the number 13 pick in last years draft and a high second rounder this year.

Do we just let him play out the year and risk losing him for nothing?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do about Risto?

Do we resign him now? If so he makes 5.4 million now how much of a raise does he get.?

Do we trade him at the deadline? If so what can we get back for him ? We traded the number 13 pick in last years draft and a high second rounder this year.

Do we just let him play out the year and risk losing him for nothing
He’s at the cusp of my age barrier for the rebuild - but I would try to resign him. I don’t think he gets much of a raise based on his stats this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s at the cusp of my age barrier for the rebuild - but I would try to resign him. I don’t think he gets much of a raise based on his stats this year.
If he doesn't get enough of a raise he will just play out the year and go into free agency and test the market.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do about Risto?

Do we just let him play out the year and risk losing him for nothing?

I wouldn't sign him now. If the playoff chances are looking bleak at the deadline, move him as a rental. Might not be able to recoup the full 1st and 2nd, but should be able to get a decent haul for big RHD rental at the deadline. Teams overpay at the deadline all the time.

He had a crap November, but his December has been a little better so maybe he can get on a run towards the deadline and they could even get a 1st rounder back. Particularly if the Flyers eat 50% of his salary the rest of the year. A pro-rated 2.7M should be affordable to most teams at the deadline, get them bidding against each other.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't sign him now. If the playoff chances are looking bleak at the deadline, move him as a rental. Might not be able to recoup the full 1st and 2nd, but should be able to get a decent haul for big RHD rental at the deadline. Teams overpay at the deadline all the time.

He had a crap November, but his December has been a little better so maybe he can get on a run towards the deadline and they could even get a 1st rounder back. Particularly if the Flyers eat 50% of his salary the rest of the year. A pro-rated 2.7M should be affordable to most teams at the deadline, get them bidding against each other.
I agree with all of this. My problem is we will have traded a high/mid first rounder and a high second rounder for a low first rounder for him and that's IF we get a first rounder back. This was a debacle unless we resign him and he turns out to be a top pair defenseman which i dont think will happen.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this. My problem is we will have traded a high/mid first rounder and a high second rounder for a low first rounder for him and that's IF we get a first rounder back. This was a debacle unless we resign him and he turns out to be a top pair defenseman which i dont think will happen.
It is a debacle, so far with the exception of Atkinson, every trade and signing was a debacle. No way they should re sign him, he sucks! Take what they can get and move on. We need better players not so- so players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a debacle, so far with the exception of Atkinson, every trade and signing was a debacle. No way they should re sign him, he sucks! Take what they can get and move on. We need better players not so- so players.
I agree with this as well.

It looks like most want him gone and get what we can for him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this as well.

It looks like most want him gone and get what we can for him.
Be the best thing IMO. He's had a few good outings but overall hasn't been anywhere near consistent in good play. It's going to be interesting to see who goes at the deadline and what is gotten in return.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be the best thing IMO. He's had a few good outings but overall hasn't been anywhere near consistent in good play. It's going to be interesting to see who goes at the deadline and what is gotten in return.
It will be interesting to see if Fletcher just cleans house or doesnt do much at the deadline but unload Gee and Risto.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know why Vegas and TB played last night and we didnt.