• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this. My problem is we will have traded a high/mid first rounder and a high second rounder for a low first rounder for him and that's IF we get a first rounder back. This was a debacle unless we resign him and he turns out to be a top pair defenseman which i dont think will happen.

It was a lot to give up in the first place. No question about it. I'll be interested to see what they can get back for him, if they do indeed move him. The story at the time was there were other teams willing to pay a similar price so the Flyers upped the anti with the 2nd. So hopefully that was, and remains, true.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know why Vegas and TB played last night and we didnt.

I didn't follow it closely, but I think the Caps had 2-3 additional guys get pulled for COVID in their morning skate. I don't know what that brought their total too, but that seemed to be the reason.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if Fletcher just cleans house or doesnt do much at the deadline but unload Gee and Risto.

Typically teams aren't able to really clean house at the deadline. The deadline is all about short term cap management. Summer would be the time to make drastic changes.

If they do sell, I expect Gee, Risto, and Braun would be the departures. Brassard and Yandle would be rentals too, but Brassard can't seem to get healthy and Yandle shouldn't be on the ice in the first place.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically teams aren't able to really clean house at the deadline. The deadline is all about short term cap management. Summer would be the time to make drastic changes.

If they do sell, I expect Gee, Risto, and Braun would be the departures. Brassard and Yandle would be rentals too, but Brassard can't seem to get healthy and Yandle shouldn't be on the ice in the first place.
Maybe we can get a taker for JVR at the deadline as well. That GM would have to be really dumb but maybe. Hopefully Hayes starts playing better and we can get rid of that contract over the summer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't see Fletcher going in to a rebuild though. I think he'll continue to re-tool. Sell Giroux, Risto, Braun at the deadline. All signs seem to point to Gaudreau signing in Philly this summer. That would essentially be a "like for like" with Giroux. I think he's part of Hayes' crew too, so it'll really be their team at that point.

Then they'll have to remake the defense again. Provorov, Ellis, Sanheim, signed through next year. York and Zamula would presumably be internal options. Couple decent free agent names out there, Klingberg, Manson, Rutta, Maata. So maybe they could piece something together.

Still looks like a team stuck in no mans land without Provorov, Sanheim, TK, and Lindblom really breaking out. Going to need to find some money too because Couturier+Farabee raises eat up all the savings of moving Risto's 5.4. And more actually. So you'd have to think moving JvR would become a serious priority also. Plan on Noah Cates or Allison there instead.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get a taker for JVR at the deadline as well. That GM would have to be really dumb but maybe. Hopefully Hayes starts playing better and we can get rid of that contract over the summer.

I think JvR's extra year will cause a problem at the deadline. But in the summer they can sell him like they sold Ghost. Maybe even to the Coyotes too since that seems to be their only purpose in the league.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be the best thing IMO. He's had a few good outings but overall hasn't been anywhere near consistent in good play. It's going to be interesting to see who goes at the deadline and what is gotten in return.
Not sure for how much, but I’m against the grain here and think he’s a positive force

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is highest on my list - that’s why I say put him on top line and PP1 to boost his stats - maybe someone would fall for it and take him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is highest on my list - that’s why I say put him on top line and PP1 to boost his stats - maybe someone would fall for it and take him.
This would be a dream scenario. It was so depressing when the Kraken wouldnt even take him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a dream scenario. It was so depressing when the Kraken wouldnt even take him.

JvR decision aside, I'm still waiting for Seattle to do stuff that makes sense. What was the point of drafting a bunch of guys on the cheap if you're not going to use the cap space to take bad contracts for draft picks? Does spending less on the cap also help the environment or something? Are they protesting athlete salaries by not spending money?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure for how much, but I’m against the grain here and think he’s a positive force
Meh like I said, he's shown up in some games but overall he isn't worth continuing with if your gonna go after a few up and coming elites. Why big down that type of cash in him when he'll be looking to get paid. Get a good deal like awaz said, return will be higher at the deadline IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JvR decision aside, I'm still waiting for Seattle to do stuff that makes sense. What was the point of drafting a bunch of guys on the cheap if you're not going to use the cap space to take bad contracts for draft picks? Does spending less on the cap also help the environment or something? Are they protesting athlete salaries by not spending money?
Seattle shouldve taken a page from Vegas playbook. Looking at how successful Vegas is i wouldve copied exactly what they did.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need around 67 points in our last 53 games to make the playoffs. Is this possible?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need around 67 points in our last 53 games to make the playoffs. Is this possible?

Breaks down to about 5 points from every 4 games. 2-2-1. Crazy path to get there, but it's almost exactly what they've done to date at 12-12-5.

They might need a little more than 96 points given the strength of the Metro this year, but I don't think that's out of the question to be honest. Especially if they can avoid another 10 game losing streak. Ellis coming back someday would also be helpful.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaks down to about 5 points from every 4 games. 2-2-1. Crazy path to get there, but it's almost exactly what they've done to date at 12-12-5.

They might need a little more than 96 points given the strength of the Metro this year, but I don't think that's out of the question to be honest. Especially if they can avoid another 10 game losing streak. Ellis coming back someday would also be helpful.
I say we either squeak in or just miss out. History is on our side though. The last two times we had 10 game losing streaks we made the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have three players playing. Last WJC i watched Andrae and he was terrible. I hope he made some big strides because he could be another high pick that doesn't work out

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we either squeak in or just miss out. History is on our side though. The last two times we had 10 game losing streaks we made the playoffs.
I'd rather just miss out, why cause if we make it and lose in the 1st round makes it harder to get value for Gee and Ristolainen. Just my opinion.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather just miss out, why cause if we make it and lose in the 1st round makes it harder to get value for Gee and Ristolainen. Just my opinion.
Gee and Risto will probably be gone at the deadline so us making the first round wouldnt affect their trade value. If we dont move them at the dead line it would hinder their trade value but i suspect they will both be long gone.