• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Training Camp stuff

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will joe burrow play in pre season?
Yes.

How much...dunno...but that is the plan this year - to get more of the starting guys some reps to be better ready to start the season. Bengals first quarter record under Taylor is no bueno, and many feel it's because pre-season has been too hands-off for the starters.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone saw some of the fights that broke out at camp yesterday...best thing I saw was towards the end of one scuffle BJ HIll had taken Teddy's helmet and was about to chuck it and from behind Mims grabs the helmet and BJ kind realizes who has it and just lets go of the helmet and walks away...

Even veteran guys know that is one MASSIVE human being - and you do NOT want to piss him off....

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

How much...dunno...but that is the plan this year - to get more of the starting guys some reps to be better ready to start the season. Bengals first quarter record under Taylor is no bueno, and many feel it's because pre-season has been too hands-off for the starters.
thanks.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner was more my line of thinking, but some folks still have a candle in their window for dede dorsey.

I don't know if people are still going to demand we start AJ McCarron every time Joe Burrow throws an interception. but I know some people on that hype train as well.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner was more my line of thinking, but some folks still have a candle in their window for dede dorsey.

I don't know if people are still going to demand we start AJ McCarron every time Joe Burrow throws an interception. but I know some people on that hype train as well.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hudson and gesicki will probably share targets, by the end of the year, should have a combined performance that is pretty good. I like Hudson, but we will give the new guy a chance to regain his Miami form.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch Chuck Simmer off your 2024 contributor list.

SI is the worst..."Key" piece?

I mean - he's the 1st team returning - and I've been high on him coming along this year, for certain - but losing Jones is a bit like losing Sample...maybe a bit more impactful because of the return game, but offensively you have Chase, Higgins, Burton, Yoshi, Gesicki and both Moss/Brown coming out of the backfield...that's not mentioning guys like Irwin, Pryor, Hudson, and others who flash....

But, I saw that above about SI because EVERY move I see on an article from this is this massive headline grab to get you to click when it's usually not close to the actual truth....just a pet peeve of mine, so I digress....

Looks like Jones dodged a bullet but we'll have to wait and see what the final word is: Good news Charlie Jones tapping it up with teammates, apparently escaped significant injury and will be OK.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was doing some research for a fantasy football league.

I noticed Gisecki is listed as Q for Questionable, I'm not sure why, as I haven't read anything about the injury. I don't see any news about it on google search.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw some drivel on a Chase trade to SD. for a bunch of picks ala tyreek Hill and KC. anyone hear this?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Media is so dumb...the moment a player holds out they go rampant with trades when players rarely get traded. Not saying they don't happen, but look how long they've been talking about Higgins being traded....he's going nowhere. They did it with Williams last year. Went nowhere. Did it with Bate before. Went nowhere.

Clickbait bullshit.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Media is so dumb...the moment a player holds out they go rampant with trades when players rarely get traded. Not saying they don't happen, but look how long they've been talking about Higgins being traded....he's going nowhere. They did it with Williams last year. Went nowhere. Did it with Bate before. Went nowhere.

Clickbait bullshit.
Not to mention all of the fake J-Jets trades out of Minny.

If you think Mike Brown (or anyone with his DNA) is trading a talent like Chase when still controlling 3 more years of his career, you simply don't pay attention to the Bengals. Honestly, no team would do it..... You trade guys when you run out of options. With Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs did not have him on his original rookie deal and were faced with escalating cap hits, a franchise tag year and expenses in other places. They made a bet that their offense would go on without him and they won two super bowls. Are they as explosive as they were? No. But, hard to argue with their results.

With Chase, the guys is still on a rookie deal for 2 more years. Then you have a FT possibility. He'll be a Bengal for a long time.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI is the worst..."Key" piece?

I mean - he's the 1st team returning - and I've been high on him coming along this year, for certain - but losing Jones is a bit like losing Sample...maybe a bit more impactful because of the return game, but offensively you have Chase, Higgins, Burton, Yoshi, Gesicki and both Moss/Brown coming out of the backfield...that's not mentioning guys like Irwin, Pryor, Hudson, and others who flash....

But, I saw that above about SI because EVERY move I see on an article from this is this massive headline grab to get you to click when it's usually not close to the actual truth....just a pet peeve of mine, so I digress....

Looks like Jones dodged a bullet but we'll have to wait and see what the final word is: Good news Charlie Jones tapping it up with teammates, apparently escaped significant injury and will be OK.

It will be interesting to see what happens with returns. Given the rules and early results from preseason, it will go one of two ways..... One, it will just be too damn hard to generate a significant return. Defenses are too good in short spaces and no lanes can be created. This is what has happened so far in the first preseason games - No significant returns yet. The alternative is that the new scheme favors returners, and NFL coaches don't want to deal with the risk so they tell their kicker to put it in the endzone and give the offense the ball at the 30. If they are interested in making teams bring it out, they should change the touchback to the 35.