• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Training Camp stuff

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we're lucky, he'll bring production similar to Hurst. I'm not expecting a pro-bowl year. it seems people overhype new free agents every f'n year.
FWIW - If Hudson had played 17 games last year instead of just 12 - he would have been on pace for more receptions than Hurst.

I think Gesicki will be in that area - probably 50-60 receptions...and that's about what you need from him...again, this isn't a guy coming in to be an All-Pro/Pro-Bowl TE that is going to help carry this offense. They don't need that. They already have Chase, Higgins, Burton, Moss, Brown, and Burrow...

What this offense has needed is someone that can settle in the middle of that field to help take advantage of when defenses are going to load up the back end and take away the deep balls. Someone that can just find the open spots and settle in. Much like Hurst was able to do, and much like Hudson was able to do.

I don't think I see anyone out there advocating that Gesicki is going to be a Kelce or Kittle type of TE. First, he's not in that mold. Secondly, this offense does not need that kind of production out of the TE. They just need a guy who is going to be a competent safety valve.