• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this.........................

Teams were willing to give up a lot. So many teams, that the Patriots decided that trading the pick might be giving away the next Mahomes, Allen or worse, Brady. Better to keep the pick and take the guy that so many others wanted.
Thanks. I mean it. I forgot to turn on my heat and this hot air is bringing the room temperature up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this.........................

Teams were willing to give up a lot. So many teams, that the Patriots decided that trading the pick might be giving away the next Mahomes, Allen or worse, Brady. Better to keep the pick and take the guy that so many others wanted.
I really hope so.

Dan Marino 2.0... with a better coached team?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel like Maye is the Anti Mac Jones Pick.

Maye strength is he has a big arm while Jones weakness was he did not possess a big arm.
Jones strength was his decision making and was the most NFL ready while Maye has questions and a "really high ceiling".
Jones came from one of the biggest, most successful football programs while Maye came from...North Carolina??? Have they ever won anything??
Jones was surrounded by weapons, O Line, Defense...1st round picks from both sides every year while Maye had...? Who?

This pick is either a great pick that if everything works out, in a few years the Pats may be good again or this is a pick that will set the Pats back a few years and they'll be picking Top 5 again.

And again.
Hmm...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure if you feel compelled to search for a silver lining or have to have that glass half full feel.

I feel one of two things are true. The Pats locked in at getting a QB and were never really considering offers, if true I think that is a horrible approach. Two, the Pats valued that pick a lot more than other teams because there was a lot of depth at the position.

Either way as it turned out with five QBs going in round one Penix or Nix would not have been there in round two so selecting Maye was quite possible the best thing the Pats could have done. It was graded as a B+ which seem low based on the fact Penix and Nix both went in round one.
Was it graded by Nostradamus? The pick was the one 90% of anyone who follows football had expected. Does that warrant a B+? The green comment just means we won't know for 3 years.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest it will be a few years before the Patriots are "competitive" again so getting Maye wasn't that bad of a thing. Would have loved MH Jr or Nabers as I think for one year Brissett could do well with them but it didn't work out that way.

Hope the Patriots get a decent WR though... Wonder if they will trade for Deebo since there is trade talk about him, no?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest it will be a few years before the Patriots are "competitive" again so getting Maye wasn't that bad of a thing. Would have loved MH Jr or Nabers as I think for one year Brissett could do well with them but it didn't work out that way.

Hope the Patriots get a decent WR though... Wonder if they will trade for Deebo since there is trade talk about him, no?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it graded by Nostradamus? The pick was the one 90% of anyone who follows football had expected. Does that warrant a B+? The green comment just means we won't know for 3 years.

Ya, I don’t know how you grade a pick EVERYBODY expected less than an A but whatever.

The Pats desperately needed a QB and picked the best available QB.

Two months ago all the talking heads had Maye going #2.

Additionally, and in hindsight, if the Pats traded back they might not have gotten a QB with solid potential.

That pick gets an A until proven otherwise.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO They need to draft youth and speed

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they will trade for Deebo since there is trade talk about him, no?
Shaq No GIF

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an A- as well. Think it was nfl.com
Definitely a position of need. Now get him some receivers, beef up the O line and maybe a runner or 2?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adonai Mitchell - 6-foot-2, 205 pounds, 4.34 40-yard dash

Ladd McConkey - 6-foot, 186 pounds, 4.39 40-yard dash

We already have Douglas and Bourne for the shifty stuff.

Gimme Mitchell.
I think the Bills grab him

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bills grab him

Dude on nfl.com has the Pats taking a CB. Can't say I agree but the dude is really solid.