• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the Lions in Nos’ Mock Draft

1705437717567.jpeg

DETROIT LIONS (Smitty)
1.29 : Graham Barton - C - Duke
2.29 : Adisa Isaac - DE - Penn St.
3.9 : Mike Sainristil - CB - Michigan
5.32 : Cornelius Johnson - WR - Michigan
6.1 : Sione Vaki - S/RB - Utah
6.25 : Trevor Keegan - OG - Michigan
6.37 : Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint - WR - Georgia
6.41 : Evan Williams - S - Oregon
7.29 : Zion Logue - DT - Georgia

TRADE: 164 to Minnesota for 167 & 177
TRADE: 205 to L.A. Rams for 213 & 217

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham Barton (T) Duke.

Our (C) of the future.

Had the Lions in Nos’ Mock Draft

1705437717567.jpeg

DETROIT LIONS (Smitty)
1.29 : Graham Barton - C - Duke
2.29 : Adisa Isaac - DE - Penn St.
3.9 : Mike Sainristil - CB - Michigan
5.32 : Cornelius Johnson - WR - Michigan
6.1 : Sione Vaki - S/RB - Utah
6.25 : Trevor Keegan - OG - Michigan
6.37 : Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint - WR - Georgia
6.41 : Evan Williams - S - Oregon
7.29 : Zion Logue - DT - Georgia

TRADE: 164 to Minnesota for 167 & 177
TRADE: 205 to L.A. Rams for 213 & 217

What Do We Have Here Season 2 GIF by Martin

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 week till the draft. Time is flying.

Starting to wonder if we trade up or back too. We usually trade up but from this spot it makes sense to go back.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely need a Safety big time now. Apparently Kerby Joseph had hip surgery and might be out till pre season.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were so many safeties in FA and all going cheap. I know we found "our guy" in like the last 3-4 games of the season. But I didn't understand why we didn't bring one of those guys in?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were so many safeties in FA and all going cheap. I know we found "our guy" in like the last 3-4 games of the season. But I didn't understand why we didn't bring one of those guys in?

Could be with veteran depth available the Lions feel less pressure to wrap up a player before seeing how the draft plays out. Or it could be there is a reason the FA’s are ‘cheap’ with other teams sitting on the sidelines, too. We’ll find out within a week or so.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be with veteran depth available the Lions feel less pressure to wrap up a player before seeing how the draft plays out. Or it could be there is a reason the FA’s are ‘cheap’ with other teams sitting on the sidelines, too. We’ll find out within a week or so.
Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft week!!!! @Gulf of Brazil and @Mebert need to put their differences aside and get in here for a week

3 centers worth picking early. We might trade back if more than 1 is still available at our spot. Or if all of them are gone. I think Kool Aid might be in the mix too.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've a sneaking suspicion we might go WR.

Typical that the year the draft is in Detroit is the only year we pick at #29. I guess Brad Holmes says he doesn't feel pressured to make a pick on day one to keep the crowd happy (ie he might trade down).

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping they add to the D-line or O-line I round one. Supposedly not a great defensive draft. Looking better for a top notch Center or Guard.

At least they’re not drafting from desperation. Feels unnatural drafting outside the top twelve.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typical that the year the draft is in Detroit is the only year we pick at #29. I guess Brad Holmes says he doesn't feel pressured to make a pick on day one to keep the crowd happy (ie he might trade down).
I wouldn't be opposed to WR. Looking at the roster, #2 or #3 wr would be a starter I believe. Only other spots on the roster I see where a rookie can walk right into a starting role without having to prove himself or anything is K and CB. First round is too early for K and not sure how well pick #29 matches up with the CB's.

Safety probably wouldn't start. LB might beat out Barnes possibly ultimately it would be to replace Anzalone but I don't think that would happen yet. DT probably rotates with Reader at best. DE is a popular pick, but with Houston coming back and signing Davenport I don't think anyone walks into camp as a starter. O-Line might be primary backup at 3 or even 4 spots, but I'd be surprised if anyone was a day 1 starter. No QB obviously. We just had the best rookie TE ever, so not taking his spot. Although if Bower fell they might go 2 TE instead of 3 WR. No to RB too. Don't need a punter.

So WR makes a lot of sense from a need standpoint. And there will be a guy on the board when we pick who will be a superstar somewhere. Not sure which one it will be, but there's depth, talent, and diversity at the position.

There's also several CB's that will be drafted near where we are picking. I see Wiggins dropping more and more lately. The dude gave up 1 catch over 20 yards last year. He might not be a 100% culture fit, but you can't have all Deion Sanders. You gotta admit though having that one diva with all the meat eaters sometimes works even better.

Were a couple days away and I still have no idea.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many options of how I’d be happy with what we do on Thursday. And I’m completely planning on not seeing a starter taken.

We could see a starter, which would be awesome. But as mentioned, that’s a tough objective.

Now, while my draft outlook is very positive. I have an issue with the black unis. They stink. And I hate em. Millen era shit. Not pleased. The unis with words on the front should be for High Schools and bad Browns jerseys. The Blue I’m cool with. No issue there.

Officially wanting the Silver Surfer unis back though. Just making it known.

Also like to add that Mebert smells like a Long John Silvers with a broken air conditioner.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am OK with that especially if several of their targets are still there. Of course if somehow someone who should be drafted top 10 is still there then I dont mind using the pick on BPA even if we dont need the position.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be opposed to WR. Looking at the roster, #2 or #3 wr would be a starter I believe. Only other spots on the roster I see where a rookie can walk right into a starting role without having to prove himself or anything is K and CB. First round is too early for K and not sure how well pick #29 matches up with the CB's.

Safety probably wouldn't start. LB might beat out Barnes possibly ultimately it would be to replace Anzalone but I don't think that would happen yet. DT probably rotates with Reader at best. DE is a popular pick, but with Houston coming back and signing Davenport I don't think anyone walks into camp as a starter. O-Line might be primary backup at 3 or even 4 spots, but I'd be surprised if anyone was a day 1 starter. No QB obviously. We just had the best rookie TE ever, so not taking his spot. Although if Bower fell they might go 2 TE instead of 3 WR. No to RB too. Don't need a punter.

So WR makes a lot of sense from a need standpoint. And there will be a guy on the board when we pick who will be a superstar somewhere. Not sure which one it will be, but there's depth, talent, and diversity at the position.

There's also several CB's that will be drafted near where we are picking. I see Wiggins dropping more and more lately. The dude gave up 1 catch over 20 yards last year. He might not be a 100% culture fit, but you can't have all Deion Sanders. You gotta admit though having that one diva with all the meat eaters sometimes works even better.

Were a couple days away and I still have no idea.
Thing with safety is we have zero depth now and tend to play a lot of 3 safety. Still worth it to me. I think you are right about CB. That is pretty deep this year even if there are not many superstars. There are some jewels later in the draft.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many options of how I’d be happy with what we do on Thursday. And I’m completely planning on not seeing a starter taken.

We could see a starter, which would be awesome. But as mentioned, that’s a tough objective.

Now, while my draft outlook is very positive. I have an issue with the black unis. They stink. And I hate em. Millen era shit. Not pleased. The unis with words on the front should be for High Schools and bad Browns jerseys. The Blue I’m cool with. No issue there.

Also like to add that Mebert smells like a Long John Silvers with a broken air conditioner.
That was my thought exactly. Not to mention that Black is overdone in the NFL

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seem to be a few people talking about Zach Frazier to the Lions.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my original prediction but I am OK with any of the 3 centers or BPA if a good one falls. I think trading out either way would work too depending on the situation. For me the best scenario would be trading back and still landing one of the centers. We could use a 4th round pick this year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft week!!!! @Gulf of Brazil and @Mebert need to put their differences aside and get in here for a week

3 centers worth picking early. We might trade back if more than 1 is still available at our spot. Or if all of them are gone. I think Kool Aid might be in the mix too.
Ok, for the draft.

You stop paying me to send you rags soaked in my long John's scented essence and I start bathing regularly

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very much against Frazier, I would not even love him with our second-round pick. I think you could take Van Pran in the third and get equal results you would get from Frazier