• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even that, I'd rather have the 2nd rounder than Fields. Not like Fields is some missing piece for us.

Shit, I'd take JJ McCarthy or Michael Penix in the 2nd straight up than get Fields.

Yup, not going to make a difference getting the Steelers over the hump, just really prefer someone that can sling it….,need to open up this prehistoric offense…..

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, not going to make a difference getting the Steelers over the hump, just really prefer someone that can sling it….,need to open up this prehistoric offense…..
Yeah, I think the Ravens are proving it over and over with Lamar, you need that passer vs runner if you want to win it all.

All the regular season accolades mean nothing in the end.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also argue that Fields is not an upgrade over Pickett. Neither to me is the answer, and wasting a 2nd on Fields just creates holes elsewhere on top of keeping the gaping hole at QB.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am glad about this one. Not sure a random 3 game stretch and a playoff loss was going to resurrect anything here in Pittsburgh.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields rumors are on fire.......schefty just dropped a ton of hints

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields rumors are on fire.......schefty just dropped a ton of hints
Just after AR2 stated they won't be doing any big trades at the QB position. Not sure I'm buying what Schefter is selling. He has a track record of producing false narratives.

If the asking price comes down to a 2nd or 3rd then maybe I'd entertain the trade discussion. Still don't think he's going to be the cure to everything that ails this offense, nor do I think he is that much better than Pickett. For those reasons alone I'd hate giving up anything more than a 3rd Rd pick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am glad about this one. Not sure a random 3 game stretch and a playoff loss was going to resurrect anything here in Pittsburgh.
Bye Felecia. Why this fanbase became so enamored with him last season is still beyond me. He was the same guy from 2019, but this time he had the benefit of a top tier rushing game to hide behind. He made a couple of decent throws per game, but nothing that Kenny wasn't also doing. Kenny just didn't have the consistent run game supporting him like Mason did.

I don't care if Mason wants to test the waters. Tomlin already said Kenny would be viewed as the starter. I don't think its bitterness so much as its just a smart business decision, but I'd laugh if anyone threw an abundance of money at him to be anything more than a backup. Steelers should still make an offer to retain him as a backup (~$6-8m) given their situation now that Trubisky is gone. If he gets a similar offer elsewhere then I think he does pack his bags, like Terrell Edmunds did with wanting a fresh start. Definitely don't need to overpay Mason just to keep him around though. I think there are plenty of serviceable FA's that could provide the same level of play that Mason did, if not better.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Felecia. Why this fanbase became so enamored with him last season is still beyond me. He was the same guy from 2019, but this time he had the benefit of a top tier rushing game to hide behind. He made a couple of decent throws per game, but nothing that Kenny wasn't also doing. Kenny just didn't have the consistent run game supporting him like Mason did.

I don't care if Mason wants to test the waters. Tomlin already said Kenny would be viewed as the starter. I don't think its bitterness so much as its just a smart business decision, but I'd laugh if anyone threw an abundance of money at him to be anything more than a backup. Steelers should still make an offer to retain him as a backup (~$6-8m) given their situation now that Trubisky is gone. If he gets a similar offer elsewhere then I think he does pack his bags, like Terrell Edmunds did with wanting a fresh start. Definitely don't need to overpay Mason just to keep him around though. I think there are plenty of serviceable FA's that could provide the same level of play that Mason did, if not better.
That is the thing I swear most don't understand. If Pickett was the QB during that stretch, they would have had the same outcome, with a loss to the Bills in the first round.

And for the warm bodies I would take any of these players over Rudolph:

Assuming, Cousins and Mayfield won't be around.
Wilson, Tannehill, Wentz, Minshew, Bridewater, Darnold, Brissett, Taylor or Winston.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing I swear most don't understand. If Pickett was the QB during that stretch, they would have had the same outcome, with a loss to the Bills in the first round.

And for the warm bodies I would take any of these players over Rudolph:

Assuming, Cousins and Mayfield won't be around.
Wilson, Tannehill, Wentz, Minshew, Bridewater, Darnold, Brissett, Taylor or Winston.
All that said, I still wouldn't put it past this FO to overpay to retain Mason. Hearing AR2's comments about "not seeing Mason's ceiling yet" has me concerned that this very well could happen lol.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that said, I still wouldn't put it past this FO to overpay to retain Mason. Hearing AR2's comments about "not seeing Mason's ceiling yet" has me concerned that this very well could happen lol.
Yep and if any of those other QB's signs elsewhere for less money than the Steelers pay Rudolph then it is failure. I hope Khan puts his foot down here on this one.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph tried to play the field last year too, and came back on a min deal.

Someone going to overpay him for 3 middle of the pack regular season performances and a failed playoff game? Doubt it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph tried to play the field last year too, and came back on a min deal.

Someone going to overpay him for 3 middle of the pack regular season performances and a failed playoff game? Doubt it.
Weren't there other (similar) offers on the table for Rudolph last year? Maybe he just wanted to stick around given the uncertainty at the QB position here (there was "supposed to be a competition last year"), but now he knows it will never equate to anything more than a backup.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't there other (similar) offers on the table for Rudolph last year? Maybe he just wanted to stick around given the uncertainty at the QB position here (there was "supposed to be a competition last year"), but now he knows it will never equate to anything more than a backup.
I'm not aware of him getting any offers.

He came back to a clear #3 role here, behind both Pickett and Trubisky. No reason to believe he was going to get to actually play barring injury.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not aware of him getting any offers.

He came back to a clear #3 role here, behind both Pickett and Trubisky. No reason to believe he was going to get to actually play barring injury.
Pretty sure it was a camp soundbyte where Mason mentioned other offers... But I found this from last offseason:
After free agency was slow and other teams filled their needs, Rudolph’s best opportunity — not his only opportunity — was to return to the Steelers. He will be listed as the No. 3 quarterback, but there is a chance that because both Mitch Trubisky and Rudolph will be free agents next March and Trubisky has a cap hit over $10 million, Rudolph could slide into the No. 2 spot as a cheaper option and a long-term backup. — Kaboly
Maybe I'm thinkin about 2021 when there was the competition.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad we ran with Mason to close the year. It's not like the Steelers view Pickett as their guy or anything and could have benefited from more data w/o Canada's involvement. That would have been crazy.

The simplest things seem to evade this staff. It's so frustrating.