• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually if they have the frame of a 9th grader, or could double as Samuel L Jackson’s character from Unbreakable/Glass, it might be best to stay away.
So like, Mims. And Sharpe. And Nalen. And Schlereth. And TD.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like LGM like Bowers but I don't think it is what I am looking for in Round 1.

Also, he just had ankle surgery this week and not that it is a huge injury as it was just tight rope surgery but tired of TE's with ankle issues. ;)

I would be thrilled with many players who will likely be top 10 picks.

Right now I would rank for me personally

Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
Marvin Harrison Jr
Olu Fashnau
Dallas Turner
Joe Alt
Laiutu Latu

and after that it is a big cluster of really good including Bowers. I wouldn't complain one bit with Bowers but probably as bad as we are right now I am hoping for another position at the top.

Thats crazy talk if true

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like, Mims. And Sharpe. And Nalen. And Schlereth. And TD.
Mims is at least 5’11, Hamler is 5’9 and those 2 inches make a difference.

And guys today are just built different than those you mentioned, players bodies today seem more fragile and injuries happen more frequently across the league. Now maybe it’s a good thing that they’re not “toughing it out” anymore but injuries are way more prevelant today than in the era the guys you mentioned played.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is starting to be a bit of noise around Williams that warrants watching as that is an insane request for a rookie if true.
The NFL doesn’t allow it anyways so it’s a moot point. The Jets tried it with Rodgers and the league said no, they certainly won’t allow it for a rookie.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Williams needs to quit listening to some of the people in his circle before he gets too annoying.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Williams needs to quit listening to some of the people in his circle before he gets too annoying.
John Elway did the same thing - right?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway requested part ownership of a team that drafted him while playing for them before playing an NFL snap? News to me, if so.
No, but Elway tried to dictate who could draft him and got away with it.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but Elway tried to dictate who could draft him and got away with it.
Elway had real leverage (i.e. a legit baseball career waiting for him). I think with NIL college players have a little more leverage; however, with injury possibilities, and eventual loss of eligibility that leverage is limited.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway had real leverage (i.e. a legit baseball career waiting for him). I think with NIL college players have a little more leverage; however, with injury possibilities, and eventual loss of eligibility that leverage is limited.

I have no issue with Caleb Williams if he wants to use his extra year of eligibility because he doesn't like whoever is picking #1. He has that right like any player... I'm not a fan when he has no eligibility left barking out commands. (If it was the only thing he was barking about) I wouldn't care so much as it would all get worked out... However, it is more about the wanting part ownership with whoever drafts him, whining that EA sports should pay him more then other players on their video game because he is more "well known" and talking about what he expects a team to do that does draft him.. You aren't bigger then the game. Stop acting like Aaron Rodgers.

Talking about how he doesn't have to go Pro because his makes as much in NIL money. Yeah, we know you're rich... But stop talking about money.... Is it all about the money or do you love the game? I get squeezing money out but this kid seems a little greedy to me. I still love him as a player. He just needs to mature a little bit and being realistic. It's not like he is an idiot off the field.. He is just letting success get to him a bit and I think a lot of that has to do with what people in his corner right now are telling him. His dad seems a little douchey.

Play the game buddy! Go play a snap in the NFL before you start barking out commands.

That being said.... I would take him in a heartbeat.

Also, probably not the best timing after playing his worst collegiate game to talk about NFL ownership. ;)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How he handled the pressure packages in that loss to ND scares me a bit.

After this past week with him, I'm team Maye.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme either. We won't pick #1 so might as well be team Maye.

He has also been on my college fantasy team the last two years. Stole him last year and used him as my keeper this year. ;)

Honestly, I am more shooting for Maye, Harrison or Folu at this point because we won't pick #1 so I am just getting Caleb out of my head right now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to note that last year the 2023 NFL Draft Discussion had 401 replies. We didn't have a pick until Round 3 (until our trade)

We are already half way there.

The draft is back in business for us Bronco fans.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Broncos going to trade for picks? Simmons? Jeudy? Sutton? Jewell? Bolles?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the lack of love for Oregon WR Troy Franklin.

People are missing the boat on him right now. He will get his exposure soon though.

Ricky Pearson, Florida
Troy Franklin, Oregon

and although he gets his love... Texas WR Xavier Worthy!

3 dogs!

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Broncos going to trade for picks? Simmons? Jeudy? Sutton? Jewell? Bolles?
I would love to trade a few of these guys for picks, but other than Simmons I don't think you get anything better than 4th or 5th round picks for these guys. Even Simmons is a safety with a big contract so probably maxes out as a 3rd round pick in return.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to trade a few of these guys for picks, but other than Simmons I don't think you get anything better than 4th or 5th round picks for these guys. Even Simmons is a safety with a big contract so probably maxes out as a 3rd round pick in return.
Jeudy could net 2 picks, though anything more than a 3rd would be great. Simmons the same. The rest are day 3 picks, or pick swaps.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy could net 2 picks, though anything more than a 3rd would be great. Simmons the same. The rest are day 3 picks, or pick swaps.
I agree Jeudy would be like a 3rd and a 5th. Sutton a 4th -Simmons - a 3rd - everyone else a day three pick