• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying Belichek's frustration - LOL.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers Texans Minn Clev Pats Raiders are maybe's. teams will not care by then so Broncos will steal one.
Maybe we beat the Packers and Texans
Minnesota boat races us.
Cleveland beats us. They have a legit D.
New England is a toss up.
Las Vegas is a loss. Crosby owns us.

I see us winning 3 games.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers Texans Minn Clev Pats Raiders are maybe's. teams will not care by then so Broncos will steal one.
Using your logic, you realize Denver won't care by then either, right? If not earlier. ;)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say in Week 5. A lot of things change over the course of the season. Injuries, improvements, dysfunction (like us right now)

One week at a time. RIght when you think there is a reward for sucking you will set yourself up for failure.

Games aren't played on paper.
Lies. Tons of games are played on paper.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams care... Players care, coaches care... You're fighting for jobs.

GM's and owners may tank but players and coaches have to care. Their job is on the line.

If we bench Russ for DiNucci you will know we are officially tanking. ;)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams care... Players care, coaches care... You're fighting for jobs.

GM's and owners may tank but players and coaches have to care. Their job is on the line.

If we bench Russ for DiNucci you will know we are officially tanking. ;)
Might as well

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hesitate to say "devil's advocate" here because I know we all want this team to be good .. and perhaps I am competing with Mingo as far as biggest Orange And Blue Glasses ..

The Broncos have played five games ... In four of those games, the outcome came down to the final possession ... I know it is impossible to disregard that historic loss at Miami, as that, more than any game, put the spotlight on our weaknesses ..

But having the opportunities to win games when the clock is under 2 minutes in the 4th quarter is not awful at this point ...

What we are seeing is the polar opposite of what we've watched over the past few years ... In the past, the anemic offense put so much pressure on the defense - it really is incredible that our defenses of the previous 5 years or so were ranked as high as they were .. The terrible field position, the turnovers, the demoralizing 3 and outs that the offense put the defense in were crippling ...

Now, we have an offense that is pretty good .. Overall, Russ - declared dead by many pundits - looks like Russ ... Our top RB has been a non factor due to injury .. Our top pass catching TE - a guy who was dubbed a special weapon - has not played down ... My favorite player in Tim Patrick hasn;t been on the field .. He was a difference maker in that he was improving every year and was the only clutch WR on the roster ...

Somehow - whether it is on field or sideline personnel, this defense needs to improve .. and when that happens, I think there will be a drastic and immediate improvement ...

The Broncos have been in every single game but one ... and that might become "but two" Thursday night, but this is the best "worst" team in the NFL ..

I'm onboard to trade Jeudy, and as much as it pains me, Justin Simmons ... Simmons trade value will never be higher, and I think he has peaked with this team ...

Build around PSII .... I can imagine that Minkah Fitzpatrick might be a bit regretful for asking out of Miami right now, and Surtain will be in his prime when Sean Payton gets the organization back on track ..

It ain't THAT bad !!!!!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck, this works in a draft thread

- Justin Simmons to the Eagles for a 3rd ... would we need to toss in a late rounder ? .. maybe not

- Courtland Sutton and a 5th rounder to the Texans for a 3rd

- Jerry Jeudy to the Lions for a 2nd round pick

Untouchables are Pat Surtain and Quinn Meinerz

In the unlikely scenario that this would happen, our 2024 draft would then look like this:

Round 1 - our pick
Round 2 - pick via Lions
Round 3 - our pick via Saints
Round 3 - pick via Texans
Round 3 - pick via Eagles
Round 4 - pick via Dolphins
Round 5 - pick via Jets (we have two 5ths, and we'd probably send our 5th to the Texans along w/ Sutton )
Round 6 - pick via 49ers

Three third round picks can be used in many ways

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point of contention:

Whether we lose by 5 or 50, its still losing. And even if they come down to the final drive, we still find ways to lose. Last year we lost because of our offense and inept HC. This year were losing because of our defense and inept DC.

Its the culture of losing that has to go. VJ has it, and a number of other players have it.

The easiest way to get sand out of a jar of water isn't to pick out the sand, its to flush the jar.

There's some pieces worth saving, but this year we're going to find out just how many and likely see the rest get flushed.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ftr, while Russ has played better this year, he's not playing up to his expectations, or his contract. And all these memes showing his stats up against Mahomet this year is upsurd. Mahomet is having a statistical down year so far with bad protection and injuries.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he keeps starting Mac Jones he is obviously tanking for Caleb. ;)
Gregory said Denver is in a rebuild and he asked to be released as he’s not part of next year.

i like it. trade JJ and Sutton to get them out of the building.

Bolles is an above average LT so I keep him for now.

Trading Simmons right now makes this terrible D even worst as he’s the only one who can make a tackle.

for talkathon trade him because they have no one to replace him.

Pat stays and is reevaluated after the season to see where they are in the draft order.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory said Denver is in a rebuild and he asked to be released as he’s not part of next year.

i like it. trade JJ and Sutton to get them out of the building.

Bolles is an above average LT so I keep him for now.

Trading Simmons right now makes this terrible D even worst as he’s the only one who can make a tackle.

for talkathon trade him because they have no one to replace him.

Pat stays and is reevaluated after the season to see where they are in the draft order.

Agree with Sutton. Simmons is tough. He is the team leader and great in the community. He is tough to trade away. However, our lock room is probably already dysfunctional since the play on the field is so maybe we do him a favor and free up money.

Sutton has to go but we won't get much in return. If anything would just be nice to get rid of his contract. Jeudy's contract is much easier to move.

Bolles won't be traded. You can't trade your starting LT with a year left on his contract with nothing to back him up. You might as well put Wilson on IR if you trade Bolles.

As far as the comment of Simmons is the only guy who can tackle on D... Our D is awful and you are close to correct but Josey Jewell actually hasn't missed a tackle on the season. He isn't making the same type of tackles he made last year likely because of the new scheme being cruddy but he hasn't missed one all year. He is rated the #12 ILB by PFFT.

Alex Singleton has been probably our biggest letdown player of the season, IMO. After a great season last year he has been HORRIBLE. Mathis who was actually a very good tackler last year has suddenly become a poor tackler as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens are the team I would really be trying to move a WR to.

They have some upside there with Flowers but Odell and Bateman can't stay healthy and Bateman drops a lot of passes. They have had to rely more on Nelson Agohlor then they probably had thought they would.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that Odell contract isn't aging well. Sutton to the Ravens for a 4th round pick makes some sense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell might be the most overrated WR in my time. I mean yeah he was solid at one point and flashy and made all the plays. However, the last 4 years or so I have never seen such a average, injury prone WR get so much hype as to "WHO IS GOING TO SIGN HIM", almost like a top recruit in HS football. Every year we go through it with Odell. He was decent for awhile but never really great like people make him out to be and now he is basically hanging around off his name.

I could see Sutton to the Ravens. Just not sure we even get a 4th for him at this point.