• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayo isn't going to panic, regardless of the score of any game. But.........................

Maye is getting 30% of all practice snaps. Brady took all practice snaps and Mac took 90%+.

When asked, Mayo said that he needs the reps to stay mentally and physically ready for any situation.

Brissett injury??
Not sure about any injury but at 30 percent sems his statement as it reads is true to itself. Staying ready seems to be about right

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_4409.jpeg

The man is a stud. These are stats when he’s covered that specific WR. Metcalf lit the Patriots up but his big yard/TD catch was credited to Dugger. He’s gone against some of the very best and did his job. Several of those wr’s made comments about how good he is.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez has only played in 6 games total. Hopefully he gets better and better.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez has only played in 6 games total. Hopefully he gets better and better.
The clincher against Seahawks was that broken coverage for a TD to tie, minutes after a Pats TD.
Gonzalez owned up to it.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clincher against Seahawks was that broken coverage for a TD to tie, minutes after a Pats TD.
Gonzalez owned up to it.
It was the hurry up offense that threw Pats off.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…. Now there is this. Brissett has had the 3rd most time to throw the ball so far this year. To me when I watch, it seems like he has no time to throw. Watching Brady for so long get rid of the ball so quickly has spoiled me I guess.

So, if the line is giving Brissett time to throw and he’s just holding on too long.. how does it get fixed?

IMG_4412.jpeg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…. Now there is this. Brissett has had the 3rd most time to throw the ball so far this year. To me when I watch, it seems like he has no time to throw. Watching Brady for so long get rid of the ball so quickly has spoiled me I guess.

So, if the line is giving Brissett time to throw and he’s just holding on too long.. how does it get fixed?

View attachment 374572
The problem with this stat is it doesn't take into account the # of times the Pats are in the jumbo package, which means they have at least one less receiver running routes. We know most the current WRs can't separate, thus limiting the QBs options.

Definitely need more dump offs, more Pop across the middle assuming the Oline can KEEP the DL out of the QBs face. Sneaking a TE or Wallace out should also be incorporated.

Could be all for not with Lowe and Sow out. This could be an ugly game. You can't just keep giving Arodg the ball.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easy way out is to continue blaming the O-line but that is not such a problem. It’s overrated.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easy way out is to continue blaming the O-line but that is not such a problem. It’s overrated.
It's easy because 95% of all NFL pass plays are a three step drop back and release. No one uses the five step because the edge rushers have become so quick and the tackles are taught to push them as hard as possible, beyond the pocket. If the tackles could hold their ground (without 'holding') for three seconds on a five steps drop back, The QB would have about 5-6 seconds to check down and pick the most open WR or TE. Let's not go there, because no one is willing to test a 6'7" 350 lb. OT against a 6'4" 245 lb Edge rusher.

That brings us back to decent WRs.

BB along with 32 other GMs just refused to select DK Metcalf because he was so big, muscle wise, and even Pete Carroll pased on him the first time around. The fact that he was so big, strong and fast (4.4) was irrelevant. Now after four years, how many of those coaches and GMs are still around?

The Patriots took Polk and Baker and kept both on the 53 man roster. The picked up Douglas last year. Who was Brissett looking for in his check downs? It had to be the biggest target he could see and early on, that was Hunter Henry. He became JB's first look from that point on. The Seahawks took him away in the second half and JB just couldn't make the adjustment.

On the first series JB was 7-7. He was 4-14 over the following five series. The defense made the correct adjustments and took away his lunch and lunch money. That shows us that JB cannot make adjusts well and that's why he's never been considered a solid go-to starter. Say what you will, but Maye has to start getting some snaps in real games so he can get the true sense of the speed of the game AND what has to be done in the middle of a play that breaks down.

Argue all you want about blowing up his confidence, but keeping him on the sideline for an entire season will only put him in the same situation next year. He'll be nothing more than a second year QB with zero game experience. Why will he have any more confidence or less confidence if he doesn't get on the field this year??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy because 95% of all NFL pass plays are a three step drop back and release. No one uses the five step because the edge rushers have become so quick and the tackles are taught to push them as hard as possible, beyond the pocket. If the tackles could hold their ground (without 'holding') for three seconds on a five steps drop back, The QB would have about 5-6 seconds to check down and pick the most open WR or TE. Let's not go there, because no one is willing to test a 6'7" 350 lb. OT against a 6'4" 245 lb Edge rusher.

BB along with 32 other GMs just refused to select DK Metcalf because he was so big, muscle wise, and even Pete Carroll pased on him the first time around. The fact that he was so big, strong and fast (4.4) was irrelevant. Now after four years, how many of those coaches and GMs are still around?

The Patriots took Polk and Baker and kept both on the 53 man roster. The picked up Douglas last year. Who was Brissett looking for in his check downs? It had to be the biggest target he could see and early on, that was Hunter Henry. He became JB's first look from that point on. The Seahawks took him away in the second half and JB just couldn't make the adjustment.

On the first series JB was 7-7. He was 4-14 over the following five series. The defense made the correct adjustments and took away his lunch and lunch money. That shows us that JB cannot make adjusts well and that's why he's never been considered a solid go-to starter. Say what you will, but Maye has to start getting some snaps in real games so he can get the true sense of the speed of the game AND what has to be done in the middle of a play that breaks down.

Argue all you want about blowing up his confidence, but keeping him on the sideline for an entire season will only put him in the same situation next year. He'll be nothing more than a second year QB with zero game experience. Why will he have any more confidence or less confidence if he doesn't get on the field this year??
BK, I am on board with most of this.

But, I can't see risking Maye at this point.

After camp, Mayo who saw every snap and has what the offensive coaches thought decided JB is the best choice at this point.

I think many of us were saying let's see where NE stands going into week 5.

JB had a decent 1st game. 2nd game not so much. Let's give it a chance. Game 2 should've been won even with JBs lack luster performance. Bad play calling and time management lost that game.

Now with Lowe and Sow out, I'm not sure this game will be a good game to evaluate where JB is at. Luckily the Yets are down a pass rusher.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I can't see risking Maye at this point.
My argument to that is that if he doesn't go against the best, he'll be in exactly the same position next year.

Not taking a risk never provides anything. He performed better against backups and wannabes during the preseason. JB was facing the exact same thing as was Joe Milton. No one faced starters on any team during the preseason.

What will be the difference in Games 5 or 6 or 7? He'll be facing the starters of the opponent the same as he would if he was playing tonight. Three or four more weeks on the sideline isn't going to do shit for him. He needs to play. So does Joe Milton. JB is not going to be on this team in 2025.

One other thing. During the preseason, the wannabes are going all out to make a team. They don't give a shit who they hurt or damage. While the regulars may be faster, they're not so inclined to smash people because they know that they could be smashing themselves with reckless tackle.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about getting Maye some playing time.

Last but not least. Don't bring him in to a game when they're down 17-0. He'll feel like he HAS to do something to make everyone feel that they can win the game. That's when a QB will step outside his comfort zone get really knocked around.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument to that is that if he doesn't go against the best, he'll be in exactly the same position next year.

Not taking a risk never provides anything. He performed better against backups and wannabes during the preseason. JB was facing the exact same thing as was Joe Milton. No one faced starters on any team during the preseason.

What will be the difference in Games 5 or 6 or 7? He'll be facing the starters of the opponent the same as he would if he was playing tonight. Three or four more weeks on the sideline isn't going to do shit for him. He needs to play. So does Joe Milton. JB is not going to be on this team in 2025.

One other thing. During the preseason, the wannabes are going all out to make a team. They don't give a shit who they hurt or damage. While the regulars may be faster, they're not so inclined to smash people because they know that they could be smashing themselves with reckless tackle.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about getting Maye some playing time.

Last but not least. Don't bring him in to a game when they're down 17-0. He'll feel like he HAS to do something to make everyone feel that they can win the game. That's when a QB will step outside his comfort zone get really knocked around.
I didn't say don't play him. I said let's see how it goes. To use your logic what does it hurt having him sit a couple more games? Will he get that much more expirence playing without his subpar left starting Oline?

SMH

I won't even get into some of your other logic.

Agree to disagree is all good.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know anybody here that is talking about keeping Maye out all season.
Ken, you are not known for your patience! Just sayin'

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken, you are not known for your patience! Just sayin'
I used up most of my patience a long time ago.

Sit on your hands for a period of time and they will be numb and useless until the blood is fully circulating in them once you stand on your feet.

I admit that I'm impatient, I don't apologize for it. To this day, when I make a decision, I do it. I may not be here tomorrow to make it again.
I don't know anybody here that is talking about keeping Maye out all season.
What difference is there between putting him in this week against the jets or Next week against the 49ers?

Think it will be any easier Week 5 against the Texans? Or Week 6 in London against the Jaguars. Week 7 at Home against the Jets.

Or how about we wait until Week 8 when he'll have the easiest opponent on the schedule, the Titans in Nashville??

In my opinion, he needs to start playing as soon as possible because it isn't going to get any easier overall. Or hold him out until they play the Rams who appear to be much worse than the Patriots. Week 11?

Final question. Do we hold him back if Brissett gets injured and sacrifice the potential of Joe Milton? Or risk the possibility of finding out that Milton is the QB of the future and everyone missed the call??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sit on your hands for a period of time and they will be numb and useless until the blood is fully circulating in them once you stand on your feet.

I admit that I'm impatient, I don't apologize for it. To this day, when I make a decision, I do it. I may not be here tomorrow to make it again.

What difference is there between putting him in this week against the jets or Next week against the 49ers?

Think it will be any easier Week 5 against the Texans? Or Week 6 in London against the Jaguars. Week 7 at Home against the Jets.

Or how about we wait until Week 8 when he'll have the easiest opponent on the schedule, the Titans in Nashville??

In my opinion, he needs to start playing as soon as possible because it isn't going to get any easier overall. Or hold him out until they play the Rams who appear to be much worse than the Patriots. Week 11?

Final question. Do we hold him back if Brissett gets injured and sacrifice the potential of Joe Milton? Or risk the possibility of finding out that Milton is the QB of the future and everyone missed the call??
Tale of two QB's, maybe the best two to ever play the game.

Peyton Manning started his first year and holds the record for interceptions.

Tom Brady did not start his first year and he has never thrown the most INT's.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

!) the difference is that he is still practicing with 1st team and learning daily
2) The O-line might be improved
3)He is currently QB2 and if Brissett is injured, that will force our hand.

Like you, I have no patience. I pretend to be patient and it fools some people. When I was in business for myself, I might have been mistaken for "the alien" I have learned to "use" patience, even though it's not my nature.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you, I have no patience. I pretend to be patient and it fools some people.
I've pretty much lost my patience with Wolfe and his refusal to go after experienced, YES, OLDER O-Linemen.

Jets exploited the O-Line last night and exposed it for what it really is. Sending seven after Brissett once, should have woken up Mayo and Van Pelt. Their answer was sending in an extra OL as an eligible receiver to block the edge. Didn't work.

Every team they play from now on will do exactly the same thing.

Question. Why didn't Mayo and Covington send seven after Rogers???

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've pretty much lost my patience with Wolfe and his refusal to go after experienced, YES, OLDER O-Linemen.

Jets exploited the O-Line last night and exposed it for what it really is. Sending seven after Brissett once, should have woken up Mayo and Van Pelt. Their answer was sending in an extra OL as an eligible receiver to block the edge. Didn't work.

Every team they play from now on will do exactly the same thing.

Question. Why didn't Mayo and Covington send seven after Rogers???
Come on Ken the left side were not the normal starters. Of course they got exposed. No team losses their starting LT and LG and doesn't struggle. Especially when the starters aren't that great.

Send 7 after Rodgers so he could pick them apart even more? No Barrmore, no Bentley... Two of their best pass rushers.

The game plan on both sides of the ball was pathetic. They fell into the desires of uneducated fans and the media of getting the WRs more involved. While they did need to do that they didn't need to go away from the run heavy offense that had worked in game one and two. Put your players in the best position to win. The Jets have a good D. Our Oline is in shambles. Run it to set up the pass. Not the other way around. Geeze, I thought you coached for 40 years. Your disdain for Wolfe because he didn't sign a FA from your want list is overwhelming.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Oline is in shambles.
It's been that way since 2020. Starter of farters, doesn't matter, they suck. This team has done nothing to improve it.

Injuries are common thing in the NFL, There is zero excuses for not having someone ready and able to assume any position. To be in that position is piss poor management, nothing else.

I gave you a list of experienced free agents that would be ten time better than what is on this team. Not a single one has been brought in for a tryout or even an interview. Same reason BB wouldn't do it. If he brought in someone better, then he didn't do his job properly the first time around.

Excuses are not acceptable. They are a hope by the person telling them, that you will not see their weaknesses.