• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think a bowl of soup would be enough.....

DUDS

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster
We don't want to pile on the guy but... c'mon.

He's comfortably been the least-impactful receiver during camp, and was demoted to the second field during one of the competitive team periods -- where he repped with Bailey Zappe and Joe Milton III. He did get a few reps with Drake Maye, but fell on his only target before the ball even got to him.
Maybe Just a bowl without soup?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read an article saying Ju Ju is "on the bubble"

That bubble burst weeks ago.........
No, I won't post it!
hate bubble GIF

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NFL.com, the 49ers have deals to trade Brandon Aiyuk to either the Browns or the Patriots.

The deal with the Browns is for Amari Cooper plus and the deal with the Patriots is for Kendrick Bourne plus.

The 49ers have left it up to Aiyuk to decide which team has a better deal for him and he can choose.

That is all.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I not enthused about this?

A couple of theories on my lack excitement:
1) A QB cannot throw from his back. If a QB, whether Rookie Drake or Vet Brissett is constantly scrambling the team is not going far.
2) If a "Star" WR is demanding a trade and getting his way, he's a malcontent. A potential locker room cancer. Don't want him with a good O Line.
3) Combine a malcontent WR with a bad O Line and it just seems a recipe for disaster that the Pats end up trading him away next year for a loss.

Just no.

I'd rather see Gilmore on defense, but that's a different story.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever Aiyuk chooses, he'll be a happy camper when he suits up. His pockets will be full of that cash that he so desires and he'll do everything he can to prove he's worth it. Having him with NE could also crank up offensive production because the defenses would have to plan part of their game against him, giving someone like Douglas just a bit of extra space.

I'm in. I think he'd help bring out the best in Maye.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever Aiyuk chooses, he'll be a happy camper when he suits up. His pockets will be full of that cash that he so desires and he'll do everything he can to prove he's worth it. Having him with NE could also crank up offensive production because the defenses would have to plan part of their game against him, giving someone like Douglas just a bit of extra space.

I'm in. I think he'd help bring out the best in Maye.
Polk seems to be lighting it up in OTAs, Pop Douglas added a spark last year,and Javon Baker will turn some heads. I can't see wasting money on a position I don't feel we need to. Ink Judon and get a LT if we have money to toss around.

As for Maye as it stands I don't see him as QB1, and he may be fighting for QB2

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polk seems to be lighting it up in OTAs, Pop Douglas added a spark last year,and Javon Baker will turn some heads. I can't see wasting money on a position I don't feel we need to. Ink Judon and get a LT if we have money to toss around.

As for Maye as it stands I don't see him as QB1, and he may be fighting for QB2
I fully expected Maye to take time to develop.
I'm confident he will accomplish the development I expected.

Agree, we don't need Aiyuk

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers decided to up the ante and see who was willing to be extravagant. Can't be angry with the Patriots for not getting into a bidding war and then have a player who really wanted to go elsewhere.

I'd still like to see them get a LT. Even an antique. Wallace is getting the hang of it but could benefit from having and experienced guy to show him some tricks and explain some of the tricks that will be used against him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers decided to up the ante and see who was willing to be extravagant. Can't be angry with the Patriots for not getting into a bidding war and then have a player who really wanted to go elsewhere.

I'd still like to see them get a LT. Even an antique. Wallace is getting the hang of it but could benefit from having and experienced guy to show him some tricks and explain some of the tricks that will be used against him.
And sign Judon... Barmore may not be back this year to lose him and Judon would be huge

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me know whan you find a Tackle who can play and is available.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know whan you find a Tackle who can play and is available.....
Might not be able to at this time but cuts are coming soon and there is a chance an OT that can help may get cut. It's a waiting game