• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to see the interest, he doesn’t seem like a Presti guy
Me too.

Because his game has declined and if he does that shit he did in Phoenix and Milwaukee there.....it could effect the locker room.

They could get somebody else maybe.....that fits better.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting and scoring wise, no.

He can play defense, rebound, pass and do the intangibles.

However, most are focusing just on offense and it's clear the kid is pressing.

Can he though? He can't shoot for shit, been an issue since HS for him (but shooting can be taught). While everyone is talking about the shooting, the more eyebrow raising thing should be he makes no impact at all. Yes, this is SL, but this Lakers SL team is trash so I've spent every game locked in on Bronny every possession. My assessment is he makes no impact whatsoever. You would have no clue he was on the court if you weren't specifically looking for him. He'll get passed the ball and will pass it off to someone else within a second. The rebounds he gets are ones that come right to him with no one else around. His defense, while he usually is in the correct position, is no more intensive than what you see coaches and trainers give during drills (token pressure to mimic defense). There are no hustle plays. There are no reads that don't show up on the stat sheet because his teammate failed to convert on the shot. You would expect him to bring that energy in all those areas other than shooting knowing that's how he's going to make a team. But there is no energy. He's not pressing. He's just out there. It is utterly unremarkable and easily forgettable. He was always going to be a project, but the games I've seen him play and I've seen every game so far, he has WAY more work to do than what let on, and I'm saying this as someone that somewhat bullish on giving him a crack as the 55th pick.

Speaking of watching all the Lakers SL games, Colin Castleton is lucky Bronny is on this team to soak up all the spotlight because that man has regressed. Whatever hopes that might have been had of him developing into a contributor are quickly going out the window.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Caruso and Hart (abbreviated) additions were a stroke of sheer fucking brilliance.

Presti getting exec of the year if all goes according to plan.

Just curious, what's the point of calling him Hart if you have to type out (abbreviated) after it, lol?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of watching all the Lakers SL games, Colin Castleton is lucky Bronny is on this team to soak up all the spotlight because that man has regressed. Whatever hopes that might have been had of him developing into a contributor are quickly going out the window.

This is the bigger disappointment to me. He's so weak with the ball and was completely owned by Queta last night. He's already 24, how much longer do they pretend he's got upside left?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Bronny even make the Lakers G League team at this point? I never thought he should have been drafted, but he's been even worse than I thought. I mean I think it would be cool if he made the Lakers and played with Lebron, but he's pretty clearly not good enough.

He will suit up a few games for the publicity. But come on...his dad is a fucking legend with all kinds of resources to help this kid with his shot.

He just doesn't have it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had a lot of picks.

Did most of them go to Nets for Bridges?
This was post trade, pre draft.

So, dunno how much this changed.

After giving up five first-round picks in one trade, New York still has plenty of capital. They have two selections in the 2024 NBA Draft plus two other first-rounders that could be traded if the right deal comes along. That does not mention their nine second-round picks that could be moved.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was post trade, pre draft.

So, dunno how much this changed.

After giving up five first-round picks in one trade, New York still has plenty of capital. They have two selections in the 2024 NBA Draft plus two other first-rounders that could be traded if the right deal comes along. That does not mention their nine second-round picks that could be moved.

And those are owned by the 2 most worthless franchises in the league and will be top 35ish picks instead

So basically late firsts, arguably better in some instances since they’re way cheaper

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all in the same markets. I like RoCo Crowder and Morris.
I would love RoCo on the Lakers bench but we have 15 guys. And I am still waiting for Rob to move some smaller salaries to free up some cap space.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another story of a second generation offspring of an NBA elite player. This one is about Ron Harper Jr doing a stint with Boston. The Lakers still have Scottie Pippen Jr buried in the South Bay Lakers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Crowder at the end of the road basically?
I'd say close...if you (well, Mecca) want a fake tough guy who often does not know when to shut up bring back Marcus Morris?

WIll say if one thinks either works in the locker room for a vet minimum not much risk (unless pushes over a tax).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another story of a second generation offspring of an NBA elite player. This one is about Ron Harper Jr doing a stint with Boston. The Lakers still have Scottie Pippen Jr buried in the South Bay Lakers.

Intersting profile but the opposite of bron

Good size and strength and can shoot, but below avg athlete

If he had bronnys legs he’d have been a lotto pick