• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think the Cooper deal makes sense for both sides.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jets don't want Reddick for more than a one-year rental, then they are even dumber than I thought. Trading for a player who is clearly unhappy to play on the final year of his existing contract and expecting him to just suck it up and suit up for his new team is...a choice.
He has to suit up at some point, which makes him available if they make the playoffs, or he's back at it again the next year and he'll be fined while he's out

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to suit up at some point, which makes him available if they make the playoffs, or he's back at it again the next year and he'll be fined while he's out
Yep. These players are fucked. The management / player dynamic in the NFL is the most skewed of all the leagues when it comes to that situation. The NFL player has zero leverage unless they’re a bona fide superstar.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. These players are fucked. The management / player dynamic in the NFL is the most skewed of all the leagues when it comes to that situation. The NFL player has zero leverage unless they’re a bona fide superstar.
This part I totally agree with though. The player shouldn't be able to hold out the whole year and then just become a free agent.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part I totally agree with though. The player shouldn't be able to hold out the whole year and then just become a free agent.
In a vacuum I agree. However, we can say this about teams who can just cut players at any time without honoring the contract they negotiated. The NFL is incredibly one sided. It’s short sighted and it’s going to ruin the league eventually.

In a world of CTE and a huge decrease in youth football participation it’s only a matter of time before players with multiple sport options in droves don’t choose football anymore.

The third option on the Cleveland Cavaliers now makes the same AAV as Patrick Mahomes.