• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line up Guyton beside Tyler Smith and we should get some movement on the left side

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what happens with Brooks. Regardless of what they say it's obvious this team usually drafts for need and it sure seems like as the offseason has gone on that they have more and more zeroed in on drafting him. And being the second round you know a guy who had two surgeries in College fits the bill. Would be a fun offseason if we hit on our first 4 picks. I also felt draft picks bring the most excitement to camp

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After pick 87, there will be 87 picks until the cowboys are back on the clock. Hopefully the make the most of the next 3 picks. I imagine a RB is going to be in there somewhere.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what happens with Brooks. Regardless of what they say it's obvious this team usually drafts for need and it sure seems like as the offseason has gone on that they have more and more zeroed in on drafting him. And being the second round you know a guy who had two surgeries in College fits the bill. Would be a fun offseason if we hit on our first 4 picks. I also felt draft picks bring the most excitement to camp
Guyton I don't know much about. He is huge. I going to have to trust them. I wanted Barton. They got a nice pick for trading down.

Brooks I doubt makes it to our 2nd.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guyton I don't know much about. He is huge. I going to have to trust them. I wanted Barton. They got a nice pick for trading down.

Brooks I doubt makes it to our 2nd.
Barton would have been a safe pick. Real high floor. More risk with Guyton but his ceiling is higher. Reminds of the Tyler Smith pick.

Give me Blake Corum or Braelon Allen. Like them both as much as Brooks.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we all know I was looking to land a Center in the 1st. If Barton was supposed to be the top center. This makes me sad. We did pretty well the last time we drafted the top center in a draft.
With that said.
The Good news.

A. I have always said. I wont complain when we draft OL in the 1st. I'll keep that streak alive. Cant remember the last time we missed drafting OL in the 1st.

B. we were able to trade out of our dead zone of the 1st round. Seems like whenever we get out of this zone & draft at end of the 1st. It works out well for us.

C. picking up an early 3rd rd. pick (73) to move back 5 spots avoiding the dead zone is awesome compensation.

Going forward would still like a Center, MLB or a DT (unless Pday is right about his hopes for Mazi) Outside of that wouldnt mind landing Benson (not expecting this)

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy we took a Lineman. I like localish guys.

6'7" and room to fill out. Long arms. Hustles. Can play sloppy at times. <<-- that's part just needs coaching. The other parts you can't.

On paper this looks great. And the left side is looking up again.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We find any 3 combination of starters at C LB RB DT in the next 3 picks and Will and the boys have done very good. Dallas also excels at the UDFA signings and if They find a Diamond Ruby or Emerald or any combination in those precious gems it can save or Bacon from the front office ineptitude this off season.
JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we all know I was looking to land a Center in the 1st. If Barton was supposed to be the top center. This makes me sad. We did pretty well the last time we drafted the top center in a draft.
With that said.
The Good news.

A. I have always said. I wont complain when we draft OL in the 1st. I'll keep that streak alive. Cant remember the last time we missed drafting OL in the 1st.

B. we were able to trade out of our dead zone of the 1st round. Seems like whenever we get out of this zone & draft at end of the 1st. It works out well for us.

C. picking up an early 3rd rd. pick (73) to move back 5 spots avoiding the dead zone is awesome compensation.

Going forward would still like a Center, MLB or a DT (unless Pday is right about his hopes for Mazi) Outside of that wouldnt mind landing Benson (not expecting this)
There are still two very good Centers out there. I doubt either makes it to our pick, but who knows. A lot of talk about how much the Cowboys OL staff likes Hoffman the last couple of days so I wonder if that was part of why we didn't take Barton. I also think we are taking another OL between now and round 5. I also expect us to be active and move up if a guy we like is there using next years picks. I doubt we move up in round 2 unless it is to take Brooks but I can see us maybe trying to jump into the 4th round from the end of the 5th.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the cowboys website

FRISCO, Texas — The Dallas Cowboys were one of many teams expected to potentially wheel and deal in the first round of the NFL Draft on Thursday night, as they stood at No. 24 going into the night but also in need of an extra middle-round pick.
That expectation not only resided outside the building, as Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones told DallasCowboys.com before the draft kicked off that there was an "80-percent chance" that Dallas would be trading back in the first round.
Despite a lack of trade action in the top ten that was expected going into the night, the Cowboys' expectation followed through as they traded back to No. 29 and acquired No. 73 while giving up a seventh-round pick in 2025.

That wasn't the only deal on the table.

In fact, Jones said that there were four offers on the table that the Cowboys could have chosen from, and Detroit's was one of the last ones to come in while the Cowboys were on the clock at No. 24.
"We were working in context with everything moving at the same time," Jones said. "You're also bumping with all those. You're trading with all of them at the same time. It's really interesting."
Four different representatives in the war room were handling the four different offers before Dallas cashed in on the deal with Detroit. In their mind, there were four players still left on the board that they would have been comfortable taking: Jordan Morgan, Graham Barton, Darius Robinson and Tyler Guyton.
From there, it was understanding where the teams between No. 24 and No. 29 could potentially go and if at least one of those players would still be left.
"That's the homework," he said. "Absolutely, you're getting fed what the teams behind you – and remember somebody can trade into their spot – [have]. That can throw you for a loop. I've done it. I've lost a player on a trade before. I had two players in the next three picks and lost them. They went. Of all those players on that board, I had that happen."

"So, the big thing you gotta know is can you live with losing the one you have right there if you can? That really is the test."
Fortunately for Jones and the personnel in the war room, exactly one guy remained in Tyler Guyton. The debate then shifted to a potential second trade back, something that Dallas came close to pulling off before their trade partner went in a different direction.
"It was there for a little bit and then Kansas City went with somebody else," Jones said. "That one had us trying one more time to [go] down."
All in all, the Cowboys were happy with how things shook out as Jones said that Guyton and Barton were the two they expected to probably be gone.
"This worked good," he said. "He was really our main consideration with what we might lose even though the center from Duke was there too."

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if you believe Jones. It looks like Guyton & barton were the main targets.

Getting One of them & the 73rd pick. I condone this message lol

Think they were trying trade back a couple more spots & still get guyton at the end.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Brooks is on the board right before we pick, Twenty Bucks says someone trades in front of us to take him. The old fool never learns to just STFU when a mic is in front of him.
I prefer the Michigan back. Worried about an RB coming off an ACL injury.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still two very good Centers out there. I doubt either makes it to our pick, but who knows. A lot of talk about how much the Cowboys OL staff likes Hoffman the last couple of days so I wonder if that was part of why we didn't take Barton. I also think we are taking another OL between now and round 5. I also expect us to be active and move up if a guy we like is there using next years picks. I doubt we move up in round 2 unless it is to take Brooks but I can see us maybe trying to jump into the 4th round from the end of the 5th.
I am still shocked this FO made out in the trade. They got hosed when they traded down with the Niners in 2013. They should have got a 2nd rounder and settled for a 3rd

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the Michigan back. Worried about an RB coming off an ACL injury.
I think they will have to trade up if they want Brooks . It may be smarter to use a 3rd on RB and draft LB or OL in round 2.

I don't trust that Hoffman is going to be good . Very small sample they still need a linebacker.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will have to trade up if they want Brooks . It may be smarter to use a 3rd on RB and draft LB or OL in round 2.

I don't trust that Hoffman is going to be good . Very small sample they still need a linebacker.
i prefer waiting for a 3rd round RB. Still like the Big Wisconsin back.

maybe the W Virginia center in round two. Or dare I say LB

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i prefer waiting for a 3rd round RB. Still like the Big Wisconsin back.

maybe the W Virginia center in round two. Or dare I say LB
I like Frazier. I am rather sure he is better than the Centers on the roster.

Does Wilson drop in the second?. I also like Jr. Colson.

I would draft that Wisconsin RB in round three he would bring physicality.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to seeing what transpires the rest of this weekend and moving on with free agency, but so far averting I've seen since our ouster from the playoffs leads me to believe Jerry is taking a "let's rebuild" mentality.

I know.... I know.... he said he's "all in. " But when have you ever been able to trust a word that comes out of his mouth?

We don't have the tools in the shed to build a house this year, and we don't have the money to buy them.