• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local guys keep saying they like Zach Frazier West Virgina center for a round 2 pick.

May trade down again
My feeling is If you like a guy you need to take him.You can't trade down because he "should" be there. So if you like Frazier, take him. Matches my thoughts on Barton. If they wanted him and passed for a 3rd and a hope to still get him they deserve to lose him and should be embarrassed. Maybe Robinson is target

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling is If you like a guy you need to take him.You can't trade down because he "should" be there. Matches my thoughts on Barton. If they wanted him and passed for a 3rd and a hope to still get him they deserve to lose him. Maybe Robinson is target
If so he’s gone

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local guys keep saying they like Zach Frazier West Virgina center for a round 2 pick.

May trade down again
Zach Frazier is going to be a freaking stud. Wouldn't surprise me if they took him round 1. Would be called a reach but he will be a 10 year starter.
If DeJean is there, I pivot to DB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade back again I'm just thinking it was classic getting caught with our pants down AGAIN. Could break our way if we grab an OL, RB and LB with the extra early picks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are picking and word is Guyton. High fives in draft room

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Tyler staying at OG. I hope this kid can play. He has the tools

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have always killed it drafting OL in the first round. Guyton is a serious talent. 6'8" 320. Adding him and picking up #73 works for me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brugler had him 29 overall.

6. TYLER GUYTON | Oklahoma 6076 | 322 lbs. | 4JR Manor, Texas (Manor) 6/11/2002 (age 21.87) #60 BACKGROUND: Tyler Guyton grew up just outside of Austin and viewed himself a basketball athlete throughout childhood. His father (Alvin) played basketball at
MidwesternStateinthemid-90s.Guytonplayedafewseasonsofyouthfootball,primarilyasaquarterbackandrunningback.Heattended Manor High School and playedbasketballfortheMustangsbeforejoiningthefootballteamlate.Asasenior, Guyton started on the defensive line and earned second team All-District honors, as he helped lead Manor to an eight-win season and a spot in the 2019 state playoff quarterfinals.
A three-star recruit, Guyton was the No. 70 offensive tackle in the 2020 recruiting class and the No. 110 recruit in Texas. During hi s senior year, his focus shifted to
football as his best chance to play in college. Because of his lack of tape, though, interest and scholarship offers were slow to develop (his “hometown” school, Texas,neveroffered).TCUeventuallyofferedhim,shortlybeforesigningday,andhecommittedalmostonthespotinDecember2019. He signed asan “athlete,” unsure which position he would play for the Horned Frogs. He was the No. 17 recruit in former head coach Gary Patterson’s 2020 class , which also included WR Quentin JohnstonandRBKendreMiller.ThecoachesmovedGuytontotheoffensiveline,buthewantedtogetonthe field and jumped in line with the tight endsduring practice. He made his first college start as an H-back against Oklahoma in 2021. After the 2021 season, Guyton entered the transfer portal and signed with Oklahoma
for his final two seasons. He accepted his invitation to the 2024 Senior Bowl
WEAKNESSES: Just 15 career starts and lack of experience is evident ... can be caught leaning, inviting defenders to pull him forward ... inc onsistent leverage and technique in the run game ... reaches defenders with ease but needs to use better hip roll to create displacem ent on down blocks ... batting average can be better
breaking down and picking off defenders in space (late to judge pursuit angles at times) ... fairly aggressive as a blocker but would like to see him show a more nasty demeanor as a finisher ... missed three games each of the last two seasons because of injuri es ... vast majority of his offensive snaps came at right tackle (92.3 percent) and struggled with oversetting while playing left tackle during Senior Bowl practices
SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Oklahoma, Guyton was the starting right tackle in former offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby’s inside -zone, gap-focused scheme. A basketball-focused athlete much of his life, he moved to the offensive line while at TCU and later developed into a starter for the Sooners, protecting Dillon Gabriel’s blindside at right tackle. A nimble big man, Guyton stays square to pass rushers with balanced lateral steps to easily redire ct, and he does a great job working into open space with remarkable range (NFL scout: “The OU coaches just marvel at him. They call him different than everyone else they’ve had.”). He stays controlled with his punch to be a sticky blocker, although his accuracy and fit entry are underdeveloped, and his overall timing is not yet a strength to his game. Overall, Guyton is a work in progress in several areas and a steep learning curve should be expected for his rookie season, but he has the athletic tools and fundamental skills to develop into a high-level offensive tackle. He has the talent to play left or right tackle, although his comfort level is clearly on the right side . As long as he stays
motivated and healthy, he will continue on an upward trajectory.

GRADE: 1st-2nd Round (No. 27 overall)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't complain. I would have been good with a center as well. Just don't screw up the next 3 picks. LOL